Phanteks are back with the new Enthoo Evolv: I dont like it

brownninja97

Phanteks_Enthoo_Evolv_01.jpg

OS this case still has the quality that all of the previous Phanteks cases have, meaning they have metal everything including the window.

Trouble is that its appearance isnt great for everyone, i know some people will like it but its overhanging in too many places, i guess we shall see what happens in the end.

Phanteks_Enthoo_Evolv_03.jpg

So the front, or i guess side IO is the standard issue, due usb 3.0, power, reset etc. Having side IO is a bit of problem as it limits the amount of places that you can put your computer, my pc is to the right of me for example so this could be a problem if i wanted to put a usb in, power button isnt a problem as you will get muscle memory, I guess on the up side people with cats will be happy.

news37092_14654-phanteks_enthoo_evolv__n

Onto the inside, behind all the metal there is a metric ton of cable routing holes thankfully there is one in the center top which a lot of companies CORSAIR forget to add in especially when a lot of motherboards have cpu power ports in the center of the board. 

They have that stealth part but watch out because if you have a smaller psu eg a cx600 then you will see the start of cables, I find that a little odd and its not something that im a phan of.

They have white pci brackets which isnt for everyone, its not something i like but others like that, its not a massive problem anyways.

The side panel is hinge based which is nice and not nice, they break easily but they look fancy, I think i like it anyways, its up to you if you enjoy that or not.

You can also just see the fan controller which i have no imformation about, i do know that it holds up to 6 fans, no clue where the button is for it and what the limitations are for it. 

You can add in 3 3.5 drives or 4 2.5 drives or remove the drive bays and throw your ssds in a dark corner of the case.

As for fans single thin 200mm up front and single in the back, thats not good enough, other cases in this price range give four fans and this is phanteks here, dont loose that quality now.

news37092_14650-phanteks_enthoo_evolv__n

There is no information of cpu and gpu clearance, from the looks of it the cpu clearance is fine but gpu clearance might be a problem only for massive cards, i est about 280mm of space, maybe more or less.

Also heatsink feat, those are awesome, 10/10

5 years quality, you know because cases dont randomly break often.

Prices

black

$129

white

$139

No prices for the uk or euros

http://www.techpowerup.com/205298/phanteks-introduces-the-enthoo-evolv-matx-pc-case.html

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-matx-pc-chassis.html

http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/37092/

Most importantly fire the person which took the photos, they misses so much on this case

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Ew

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

pretty sure @Mooshi wants this 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Ew

this looks amazing?! why ew???

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

I want my Mini XL goddamnit..... so sexy

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Quality and features are nice but this is to be expected from Phanteks anyway. The looks are not for me though. :)

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

how can it have a double chin and a double forehead  its so ugly its scary

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

retoast?

A repost from may, well that sucks, i think mine has more information but the mods can decide that if they want to.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Bad looks,very bad :/

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I want my Mini XL goddamnit..... so sexy

same here. They really need to get their shit right on their naming schemes.  :mellow:

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

I don't get why the I/O is not on the same side as the window. I like the case, I could put it sideways onto the shelf over my desk, if the I/O was on the left side, too. Otherwise the window is pointless.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

A repost from may, well that sucks, i think mine has more information but the mods can decide that if they want to.

Yeah and there's an active thread herewhich every news about it's being written, including the dates which I posted there to prevent repost.

Good thread anyways, I like your news threads.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I am in love

I HATE all Phanteks cases except the Luxe which is shiny and perf.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

MY EYES!!!!!!! SO UGLY!!!!!!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Im ok with the white one too. :) but ill still stick to fractal and corsair. :D

I think, despite many people's opinion, that it looks so nice, It also looks like it has some nice features; fan hub, window and power supply shroud