PREPARE YOUR WALLETS

Jerakl

Question is.... Will I be willing to upgrade from my 2500k and 560ti set up with this new generation of video cards? Tough decision

You seriously believe that Nvidia customers do not care about prices and will simply buy Nvidia because its Nvidia?

Go spend a little time in the "New Builds And Planning" section of the forum and you may see your logic fall short.

It has always been like that, don't get me wrong I'm not a fanboy. Look at Titan and the amount of people who bought it for gaming at a price point of 1000$! AND how easily nvidia fucked them over with 780ti. You can't guess what they are going to do.. they are so much more unpredictable than amd

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Question is.... Will I be willing to upgrade from my 2500k and 560ti set up with this new generation of video cards? Tough decision

Keep the cpu get the new gpu. :)

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Should I consider applying for step up?

hard to say without performance figures

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

hard to say without performance figures

Yeah, that's the only logical thing to do right now. I hate talking about rumours as if they were facts. This creates a ridiculous amount of hype...

Spoiler

Spoiler

It has always been like that, don't get me wrong I'm not a fanboy. Look at Titan and the amount of people who bought it for gaming at a price point of 1000$! AND how easily nvidia fucked them over with 780ti. You can't guess what they are going to do.. they are so much more unpredictable than amd

People bought the Titan for gaming because it was the most powerful GPU on the market at the time, It has nothing to do with AMD vs Nvidia. Your going to have to explain to me how Nvidia fucked people over with the 780ti, the law of diminishing returns kicks in and performance per dollar goes down. This is not a new thing, and certainly not restricted to just Nvidia. Look at the 5960X vs 4790K, the 5960X does perform better, but not 3 time the performance, yet it costs 3 times as much.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

$600 bucks? DEAL!!!

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

People bought the Titan for gaming because it was the most powerful GPU on the market at the time, It has nothing to do with AMD vs Nvidia. Your going to have to explain to me how Nvidia fucked people over with the 780ti, the law of diminishing returns kicks in and performance per dollar goes down. This is not a new thing, and certainly not restricted to just Nvidia. Look at the 5960X vs 4790K, the 5960X does perform better, but not 3 time the performance, yet it costs 3 times as much.

You have to discuss this with Titan owners, not me. Then you'd probably understand what fucking over is. Don't bring up cpu pricing in here, gpu market has a unique pricing pattern it's so unpredictable. Bringing up AMD vs Nvidia was not and will not ever be my intention. And "performance per dollar" term isn't even an aspect when it comes to Nvidia gpus, there is always AMD for that.

Titan was not the most powerful gpu at the time, 690 used to beat it all the time. Most powerful single gpu would have been a better term. Take a look at 780ti, it can even beat 690 on some benchmarks.

Spoiler

Spoiler

You have to discuss this with Titan owners, not me. Then you'd probably understand what fucking over is. Don't bring up cpu pricing in here, gpu market has a unique pricing pattern it's so unpredictable. Bringing up AMD vs Nvidia was not and will not ever be my intention. And "performance per dollar" term isn't even an aspect when it comes to Nvidia gpus, there is always AMD for that.

Anyone who buys a high end GPU and then gets pissed when the company comes out with an even more powerful option or cheaper option is a fool. Regardless of the GPU they bought.

I cannot say that I share your belief that the GPU market has a unique pricing pattern or unpredictable, but hey, to each his own.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Wait a minute...

mvFrM3l.gif

Seriously, Techpower just recycled the articles from Videocardz and WCCF. There's only one conclusion then; it's all true, all of it, HL3 cnfrmd boys. Celebrate!

Or it's more circle jerk bullshit, whatever. On a more important note, I have no clue which thread to report 'cause they're all so mixed up. :unsure:

Anyone who buys a high end GPU and then gets pissed when the company comes out with an even more powerful option or cheaper option is a fool. Regardless of the GPU they bought.

I cannot say that I share your belief that the GPU market has a unique pricing pattern or unpredictable, but hey, to each his own.

Don't call them a fool now come on, that's just disrespectful. Those guys have all the rights to be pissed at Nvidia. They paid a thousand fucking dollars for Titans and look at what happened. Whou could have predicted something like this happening?? I know the Titan is not completely a gaming oriented gpu but this does not justify the release of 780ti after they milked thousands of dollars for slower cards.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Don't call them a fool now come on, that's just disrespectful. Those guys have all the rights to be pissed at Nvidia. They paid a thousand fucking dollars for Titans and look at what happened. Whou could have predicted something like this happening?? I know the Titan is not completely a gaming oriented gpu but this does not justify the release of 780ti after they milked thousands of dollars for slower cards.

I am not saying that people who bought the Titan are all fools, but if you bought a titan (content creation card) for gaming and then got pissed because of the lunch of the 780ti (gaming card) you are a fool.

I think you are missing a really important event in that timeline, the launch of the R9-290X. The 780ti was not launched to screw over the Titan owners, it was launched to compete with the 290X, as the 290X out performed the 780 and costed half as much as the Titan. So Nvidia needed a card to fill that gap. 

The 780Ti was not launched just to screw over the Titan owners. Don't be so pessimistic. 

I am not saying that people who bought the Titan are all fools, but if you bought a titan (content creation card) for gaming and then got pissed because of the lunch of the 780ti (gaming card) you are a fool.

I think you are missing a really important event in that timeline, the launch of the R9-290X. The 780ti was not launched to screw over the Titan owners, it was launched to compete with the 290X, as the 290X out performed the 780 and costed half as much as the Titan. So Nvidia needed a card to fill that gap. 

The 780Ti was not launched just to screw over the Titan owners. Don't be so pessimistic. 

Never said that, it was meant to fill the gap that's right. I completely agree on that. I'm just saying the release of 780ti did fuck over Titan owners regardless of Nvidia's aim. This wasn't the cards purpose lol of course not. I'm not pessimistic I always side with the customers, that's what everyone in gpu market should do. I'm not getting paid by any of the companies here. :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wait a minute...

mvFrM3l.gif

Seriously, Techpower just recycled the articles from Videocardz and WCCF. There's only one conclusion then; it's all true, all of it, HL3 cnfrmd boys. Celebrate!

Or it's more circle jerk bullshit, whatever. On a more important note, I have no clue which thread to report 'cause they're all so mixed up. :unsure:

That gif is just gold, what a gem. Thanks for the laugh man! :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

I would suggest a 970/960.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I just hope it makes the 770 drop in price as I'm not really interested in either of these at that price point by the time they're brought to Australia that $399USD undoubtedly somehow inflates to closer to $500 $550AUD because the world loves to screw us. 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I would suggest a 970/960.

For the price, it looks like the 970 may just be a smoking good deal.

For the price, it looks like the 970 may just be a smoking good deal.

True, I'm gunna stick it out until GM 210 or whatever though.

Maybe buy a second 780 on sale

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

True, I'm gunna stick it out until GM 210 or whatever though.

Maybe buy a second 780 on sale

Im torn. I want to hold out for the GM 210 chips but I fear I will not be able to justify the price tag.

Either way I wont be doing anything for a few months, to give time for the aftermarket coolers to come out, and maybe a slight price drop.

Why Would ANYONE buy the 970? the 780 seems better on paper.

and why would anyone get the 980? the 780ti is better on paper.

and probably they'll drop the 780 And 780tis prices down 

My guess is power/performance is more favorable with the new cards and, as some have stated, might be better suited for SFF builds and the like

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Do we even know the specs yet? Last time I checked, both the price and specs were just rumors.

It's kind of silly talking about the price:performance ratio on a card we don't know the price nor the performance of.

Same prize, same performance, lower power consumption. Maxwell is one big disappointment! Only benefit is the prize drop on the 780.

who cares...

980 for 600$ seems like a really bad deal to be honest. Not gonna be great for 4K gaming for those who want it. Nvidia has the reins now, it just depends on how they're gonna use it. Remember these are all speculations!

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

That's exactly what I said actually. Nvidia likes to milk the customers slowly, all sneaky beaky like. Right now there is no need for a competitive pricing but I'm pretty sure the price won't be high.

Sorry it wasn't my best writing. You had the more sound logic over the guy you replied to.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd