PREPARE YOUR WALLETS

Jerakl

970, here I come!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I'm just waiting for more info before going for the plunge.  I need a single GPU cos my dual 7950's don't play nice with borderless windowed and OBS and every combination of that.  Makes me sad but I'm going back to the green side!  So just announce it already nVidia!

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Aren't launch prices kind of irrelevant? They often drop in price fairly shortly after launch because the other team drops prices on their products to stay competitive.

It's not a good idea to buy a ~400 dollar graphics card without having read a bunch of reviews and maybe wait for some of the bugs to be ironed out. Just wait a month or two and you will most likely get a far better deal.

Aren't launch prices kind of irrelevant? They often drop in price fairly shortly after launch because the other team drops prices on their products to stay competitive.

It's not a good idea to buy a ~400 dollar graphics card without having read a bunch of reviews and maybe wait for some of the bugs to be ironed out. Just wait a month or two and you will most likely get a far better deal.

That's why I'm still looking for the announcement.  If the 900 series proves to be appreciably better than the 700 series I will wait till it actually reaches my country.  If not, the 700 series is readily available to me.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

This is... exactly what Nvidia wants to do... put their cards and a slightly higher price to the equivalent AMD card as a "premium" and most people will accept that. 

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

This is... exactly what Nvidia wants to do... put their cards and a slightly higher price to the equivalent AMD card as a "premium" and most people will accept that. 

Or AMD is skipping on some important stuff to make their prices lower. Just saying..

There's a reason why Nvidia is winning on sales every year but i'm afraid noone will ever know why for sure.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Or AMD is skipping on some important stuff to make their prices lower. Just saying..

There's a reason why Nvidia is winning on sales every year but i'm afraid noone will ever know why for sure.

Their marketing budgets are not even close to each other. AMD has a way bigger product portefolio, while NVIDIA is just GPUs. The financial effort for the campaigns is just focused on graphics cards.

Their marketing budgets are not even close to each other. AMD has a way bigger product portefolio, while NVIDIA is just GPUs. The financial effort for the campaigns is just focused on graphics cards.

You're blaming it on marketing budget? Yeah,i don't think so.Everyone knows AMD,they have a good marketing and especially at directly attacking the competitors to their faces like childs.

Anyway,that's my opinion on the matter,take it with a grain of salt. I really don't want to start a flamewar.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Their marketing budgets are not even close to each other. AMD has a way bigger product portefolio, while NVIDIA is just GPUs.

And SoCs, and hand held devices.

You're blaming it on marketing budget? Yeah,i don't think so.Everyone knows AMD,they have a good marketing and especially at directly attacking the competitors to their faces like childs.

Anyway,that's my opinion on the matter,take it with a grain of salt. I really don't want to start a flamewar.

Guys, guys, no need to start an AMD vs Nvidia flame war again. We have had enough of those.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Not bothered in the slightest

I am happy with my 780ti

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Guys, guys, no need to start an AMD vs Nvidia flame war again. We have had enough of those.

I really wanted to start that big conversation with a dedicated thread but it's impossible with trolls and fanboys lurking around here.Most are mature enough,but not all.Till next time.

Not referring to Bogus btw.

I really wanted to start that big conversation with a dedicated thread but it's impossible with trolls and fanboys lurking around here.Most are mature enough,but not all.Till next time.

Not referring to Bogus btw.

Its true, more than one person has tried to start a civilized discussion on this and it inevitably degrades to a food fight. :(

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Not bothered in the slightest

I am happy with my 780ti

I'm not sure how 980 will be considered an upgrade over a 780ti other than efficiency aspect.

PS: I hope this thread does not turn into a nvidia-amd war, which is unfortunately the case most of the time...

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I'm not sure how 980 will be considered an upgrade over a 780ti other than efficiency aspect.

PS: I hope this thread does not turn into a nvidia-amd war, which is unfortunately the case most of the time...

Yeah unless its like 40% better, if its like...5% I could not care less

Efficiency is great, but I have it  now so no point upgrading unless the performance is THAT much better

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah unless its like 40% better, if its like...5% I could not care less

Efficiency is great, but I have it  now so no point upgrading unless the performance is THAT much better

Should I consider applying for step up?

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Launch price reduction, TDP reduction, and Vram increase.

I doubt the performance improvement will make it worth upgrading for pretty much all 780 and 780ti owners. But for those of us with older cards, its an enticing path.

Launch price reduction, TDP reduction, and Vram increase.

I doubt the performance improvement will make it worth upgrading for pretty much all 780 and 780ti owners. But for those of us with older cards, its an enticing path.

Nvidia never drops the prices for no reason, if they dropped it then it means the performance will still be behind 780ti. I'd be happier with 6GB of vram but 4GB is not much of an improvement, then there is bandwith...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nvidia never drops the prices for no reason, if they dropped it then it means the performance will still be behind 780ti. I'd be happier with 6GB of vram but 4GB is not much of an improvement, then there is bandwith...

Your conclusion does not necessary follow your premise. 

I agree that Nvidia never drops their prices for no reason, however you appear to be overlooking the competitive market. The R9-290X was the main competitor to the 780ti, and it was cheaper. Nvidia could well be simply trying to reduce the price gap between its largest competitor. 

I agree that Nvidia never drops their prices for no reason, however you appear to be overlooking the competitive market. The R9-290X was the main competitor to the 780ti, and it was cheaper. Nvidia could well be simply trying to reduce the price gap between its largest competitor.

They don't care about prices... Hate me for this but there will always be customers for nvidia, that's not the case for amd generally. There isn't much of a competition currently on gpu market. Eyes are currently focused on maxwell.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Much more sound logic than the previous. Nvidia's investors are a bit smarter than most. They'll take a slow quarter to ensure a competitor has a bad year trying to price competitively and recoup production expenses.

Of course, Nvidia also has to eventually produce a product to compete against Intel's second-generation Xeon Phis.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

They don't care about prices... there will always be customers for nvidia, that's not the case for amd generally. There isn't much of a competition currently.

You seriously believe that Nvidia customers do not care about prices and will simply buy Nvidia because its Nvidia?

Go spend a little time in the "New Builds And Planning" section of the forum and you may see your logic fall short.

Much more sound logic than the previous. Nvidia's investors are a bit smarter than most. They'll take a slow quarter to ensure a competitor has a bad year trying to price competitively and recoup production expenses.

Of course, Nvidia also has to eventually produce a product to compete against Intel's second-generation Xeon Phis.

That's exactly what I said actually. Nvidia likes to milk the customers slowly, all sneaky beaky like. Right now there is no need for a competitive pricing but I'm pretty sure the price won't be high.

Spoiler

Spoiler