The moment of Truth

Today there was a live stream from the Auckland town hall, I only caught the ending to it, but it was very interesting to hear what Glenn Greenwald, Snowden, Assange, Kim Dotcom and others had to say. It was chilling in parts to see the levels that the New Zealand government were involved with the NSA spying and the 5 eye's program. I don't have time at the moment to give my full thoughts on it. But if you are interested here is the archive up on youtube. Coverage starts around 21 mins which I think I queued it up for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbps1EwAW-0#t=1313

Yea its pretty worrying haha.... Just before our elections too... 

Yep, enjoying the NSA base somewhere near you?

Edit: This election is going to be far more interesting that the previous ones with all the stuff that's been going on recently, for me it's also more interesting since I actually get to vote.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

The sad thing is there is a NZ Herald poll showing over 50% of New Zealanders believe the PM when he says there is no mass surveillance in NZ.

John Key could say he wants NZ to become the next Australian state and he would still win this election.

Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 Asus X99-Deluxe | EVGA GTX 980 SC | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Platinum Series 760 | NZXT H440 White | Shimian 27" 2560x1440 | Ducky 9087 TKL | Logitech G9x | Audio-Technica ATH-M50 | Schiit Audio Modi DAC & Magni Amp

www.ethangriswold.com

first time i saw a "slick" post ^

on a more serious note. yes its good that snowden puts stuff out there. but the thing that pisses me off is that we just hear it and continue our lives. of course i am guilty of this as well. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

The sad thing is there is a NZ Herald poll showing over 50% of New Zealanders believe the PM when he says there is no mass surveillance in NZ.

John Key could say he wants NZ to become the next Australian state and he would still win this election.

I'm dreading another term of a national lead government.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Damn - A meeting of some pretty titanic figures in the Network/Personal security world... Very interesting video

Every time Snowden releases new info i get pretty pissed off tbh...

Pissed at him or the government?

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

My issue is that they didnt give any actual proof. They only stated things. There was no hard evidence for anything that either snowden or assange claimed.

You do have to remember that the NZ Herald's polls are only a tiny part of New Zealand's population (4.5 million or so last time I checked). Not only that, the NZ Herald is also very biased to parties right of the centre.

I do not want John Key in for a third term, however David Cunliffe isn't much of a looker himself to be honest.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9 SSD: ADATA SP900 128GB HDD: 2 x WD 1TB Caviar Blue [RAID0] Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE IV FORMULA GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 590 3GB (1.5GB mirrored, silly marketing)

I do not want John Key in for a third term, however David Cunliffe isn't much of a looker himself to be honest.

Can we take Helen Clark back from the UN? Say what you want about her but she's one hell of a politician.

Can we take Helen Clark back from the UN? Say what you want about her but she's one hell of a politician.

It might be because I live in Mt Albert, but I like and respect David Shearer, not only as a politician, but as a person.

Also, congratulations on 1000 posts :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9 SSD: ADATA SP900 128GB HDD: 2 x WD 1TB Caviar Blue [RAID0] Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE IV FORMULA GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 590 3GB (1.5GB mirrored, silly marketing)

It might be because I live in Mt Albert, but I like and respect David Shearer, not only as a politician, but as a person.

Also, congratulations on 1000 posts :P

Ahh yea, I can match names to faces for very few people in politics, just John Key, David Cunliffe, Russel Norman and Gerry Brownlee, he's the only guy that I know the name of in my electorate.

Today there was a live stream from the Auckland town hall, I only caught the ending to it, but it was very interesting to hear what Glenn Greenwald, Snowden, Assange, Kim Dotcom and others had to say. It was chilling in parts to see the levels that the New Zealand government were involved with the NSA spying and the 5 eye's program. I don't have time at the moment to give my full thoughts on it. But if you are interested here is the archive up on youtube. Coverage starts around 21 mins which I think I queued it up for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbps1EwAW-0#t=1313

Thank you for sharing!

My issue is that they didnt give any actual proof. They only stated things. There was no hard evidence for anything that either snowden or assange claimed.

Yeah, and although i believe them, this is exactly what the PM's response should and will be.

I don't like that that our little old country in the corner of the world is involved in all this. Why can't we be like Switzerland...

Kim Dot Com is a raging lunatic, if you guys don't truly know what he is like, then you should do some reading.

He has turned my country and the election year into a blubbering mess, using outdated sources and the "shock" factor to try and turn the attention away from what REALLY matters. POLICIES.

This election year has been SO tough especially for the young crowd, they're just confused with all this "party" coming into play and slandering our current PM.

It really is ridiculous, I cannot wait until he is gone. He's a hype-monger, and a walking advertisement for his own goddamned ego.  

/rant

edited to add; Stop being sheep. This information is NOTHING new, not one bit of it. It was highly reported last year in our tech sector.

#!

Kim Dot Com is a raging lunatic, if you guys don't truly know what he is like, then you should do some reading.

He has turned my country and the election year into a blubbering mess, using outdated sources and the "shock" factor to try and turn the attention away from what REALLY matters. POLICIES.

This election year has been SO tough especially for the young crowd, they're just confused with all this "party" coming into play and slandering our current PM.

It really is ridiculous, I cannot wait until he is gone. He's a hype-monger, and a walking advertisement for his own goddamned ego.  

I think its relatively unfair to say this, if you know what the Govt has done to him (Which im fairly certain you are) then you should understand why he wants this govt out, im only 16 and this "party" isn't really all that confusing, they are a minor party pushing what they want, almost like the legalise cannabis party. Basically i'd be mad if someone shat all over me and didn't think to apologize as well.

/rant

edited to add; Stop being sheep. This information is NOTHING new, not one bit of it. It was highly reported last year in our tech sector.

The Kim Dotcom thing was a bit of a side-show. You need to look past that.

It may have been reported last year, but probably not many people took notice of it, and certainly not as many as there are now.

Is it not good to have this information out in the public?

As Snowden said, these issues should be debated among New Zealander's and not left to the PM.

"The Moment of Truth" TL;DR We learnt that we were being spied on, owait we already knew that

Gamer, Programmer and Server Administrator

all with a HP laptop <3

sigh voting this weekend for a first time voter like me is going to be tough one party likes spying the other like denying while the lower parties fight each other by throwing crazy policies around. Can i just vote for Obama?

My biggest surprise over this whole this is that people thought that they had privacy online. When I did my computer studies in 99 we were taught that nothing online is secure.

From what I have made of it is yes "private" data is being stored and when a warrant gets served on a person of interest they can go through that data. I really don't have an issue with that.

Unfortunately National is the best of a terrible choice. If Labour and the greens have power the Country is doomed. There will be mass unemployment from the $15 minimum wage. The economy will tank from all the empty promises Labour has made and the Greens solution to just print more money to bring the NZ$ down to help exporters.

Might be time to move.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

I got one thing to say to all the Internet-Mana voters out there on the forum. What happened to the email that Kim Dotcom said would bring down John Key. Where's that? When reporters asked him about it, he just got angry and asked them why they couldn't ask other questions. 10 minutes later, Laila Harre pulls him away. When Mr. Greenwald asked Kim whether or not the emails were fake, Kim couldn't reply. I don't know if you remember, but when this whole GSCB - Kim Dotcom thing all started up, John Key was criticized for forgetting things, and now Kim Dotcom is too.