Things that Make You Mad About New Builds

ddbtkd456

What makes you made about new builds?

Mine would be when people say they are future proofing for a couple of years.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I think what people meant by futureproofing their rig, they meant to make it last long. Everyone knows that it'll be outdated soon, but if you pick the right parts, it could play every game on ultra for example 5 years instead of 3 years.

"I'll buy another card later" No, you won't. Most never do and by the time there is cash for it, better cards are already out.

"I'll get X amount of ram now and populate the other slots later.." Nope. You always get the ram you need /now/.

"I'll get this expensive board for these uber features!" Features that you will most likely not even utilize.

"This board has - " Stop it. Build for your workload now, you can't predict the future.

This is how I feel about the subject.

I think what people meant by futureproofing their rig, they meant to make it last long. Everyone knows that it'll be outdated soon, but if you pick the right parts, it could play every game on ultra for example 5 years instead of 3 years.

It's what i meant in the last post I made on a thread but he got all annoyed he had to post this.

Maybe we should future-proof against this, so people don't try and future-proof while future-proofing.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

It's what i meant in the last post I made on a thread but he got all annoyed he had to post this.

It's not directed at you.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Maybe we should future-proof against this, so people don't try and future-proof while future-proofing.

That sir, should be in the CoC

My PC is future proofed it will work tomorrow which is the future. There just blew your mind

What if there is some sort of update that renders your computer useless.

We don't know what could happen.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

"I'll buy another card later" No, you won't. Most never do and by the time there is cash for it, better cards are already out.

It pisses me off how people suggest in builds better mobos and power supplies so that the builder can crossfire/SLI later on, but when the time comes that one card isn't enough, builder gets told that one brand new card is better then two in CF/SLI. Why the hell tell people to spend more money for something then tell them not to use it later on

"Rawr XD"

But what if they start to future-proof this so that people don't try future-proofing while future-proofing, while future-proofing ?

My PC is future proffed it will work tomorrow which is the future. There just blew your mind

<_< I meant years out like how people make them sound.

It pisses me off how people suggest in builds better mobos and power supplies so that the builder can crossfire/SLI later on, but when the time comes that one card isn't enough, builder gets told that one brand new card is better then two in CF/SLI. Why the hell tell people to spend more money for something then tell them not to use it later on

Exactly.

Okay check this out.

To me, "futureproofing" means being able to upgrade parts without having to upgrade other parts along with it. 

Example, I can get a Z97 mobo + a G3258 now, but when Broadwell comes I can upgrade to the new unlocked i5 and continue to OC without having to upgrade mobo

"Rawr XD"

But what if they start to future-proof this so that people don't try future-proofing while future-proofing, while future-proofing ?

We release our mouses from our hands and go have cheese, crackers and a cup of tea in the garden.

It's the only solution.

What if there is some sort of update that renders your computer useless.

We don't know what could happen.

Then I reinstall windows and dont install that update.

Thread title and OP updated.

Then I reinstall windows and dont install that update.

What if it's too late, what if you can't re-install Windows, then you're stuffed.

What if it's too late, what if you can't re-install Windows, then you're stuffed.

What if a nuke hit your town and you died? Then it would be useless as well. What if you spilled water on the components?

What if a nuke hit your town and you died? Then it would be useless as well. What if you spilled water on the components?

What if Vladimir Putin stole your computer? Then...we would take over the world

What if Vladimir Putin stole your computer? Then...we would take over the world

*hides in corner*

Finishing a build makes me mad. Then, when new tech pops up soon after... :angry:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

We release our mouses from our hands and go have cheese, crackers and a cup of tea in the garden.

It's the only solution.

Indeed my friend, indeed.

People telling me that a $300 NZD PC will run Premier Pro CC fine... 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask!