World of Warcraft 10-year anniversary event ...

Blizzard-entertainment.jpg

it's been 10 years since the most epic MMO was introduced to this world WOW!,  In order to celebrate World of Warcraft’s 10-year anniversary Blizzard has created a special in-game event that begins Friday, November 21st and lasts until Tuesday, January 6th, 2015. The event consists of the three activities

Maximum Molten Core
One of WoW’s classic 40-player dungeons, Molten Core, will be available in Raid Finder during the anniversary period for level 100 players. Making it through the underground gauntlet and defeating Ragnaros will reward players with a Core Hound mount and a Warlords of Draenor Raid Finder–quality helm (100% guaranteed!).

Southshore vs. Tarren Mill—The Battle Continues
To recapture the feeling of the endless tug-of-war of early WoW PvP, we’ll be opening a Team Deathmatch–style Battleground based on the timeless struggle between Southshore and Tarren Mill. We’ll have two different brackets for players to take part in: one for levels 90–99 characters and another for level 100. Unlike the old days of Tarren Mill vs. Southshore, there will be a clearly defined victor, so you’ll need to work as a team or face crushing defeat. A win will gain you a shiny new title: either Tarren Mill Terror for the Alliance or Southshore Slayer for the Horde.

Onward into Warlords of Draenor
With the release of Warlords of Draenor, all unrated PvP Battlegrounds, Skirmishes, and other unrated PvP activities will be available immediately. The new rated season will begin Tuesday, December 2 at 8 a.m. PST. We also wanted to make sure that everyone had time to level up before we opened our first Raid dungeon, Highmaul, in Normal and Heroic modes. These will open at the same time as the rated PvP season (December 2), with Raid Finder and Mythic modes opening the following week. We’ll provide a complete schedule in the future for those who wish to start planning their new Raid calendars.

Blizzard is also throwing in a free Molten Corgi pet for anyone who logs in to World of Warcraft during this period. The latest World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor will be released on November 13th, shortly before the 10- year anniversary event kicks in..

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15787801/preparing-to-launch-warlords-of-draenor-celebrate-10-years-of-world-of-warcraft-9-10-2014

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/09/12/world-warcraft-10-year-anniversary-event-detailed-blizzard/

Details separate people.

Yeah, I knew this for a while now.

Pretty awesome still. :D

Playing since January 2008.

Geez, 10 years. Wonder if anyone has been playing non-stop since vanilla.... (I put in a SOLID 3+ Years)

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Geez, 10 years. Wonder if anyone has been playing non-stop since vanilla.... (I put in a SOLID 3+ Years)

Pretty sure a lot of people are playing since vanilla, know some people online but... Yeah That is a long time.

Corehound MOUNT?! I'm so glad I'm reactivating soon. :D

I play pretty heavily when the new expansion comes out, and again when a new Arena season starts, but towards the end of the expansion when I've pretty much done everything I wanted to, I let my sub slip and I work on other things.

In the beta and prob won't resub until the new version hits to be honest. The beta is much more entertaining. :) As far as this line.

"We also wanted to make sure that everyone had time to level up". 

I will give you a hint. Roll a druid... I have no idea who is balancing the game atm for pvp, but if MoP was the expansion of shamans this is the expansion of druids. Boomkin/feral are freakin insanely good atm and resto druids stand alone, and they seem to escape nerfs and get buffed non stop. As far as caster in pvp, Shadow Priest is behind boomkin but very strong (should continue to shine in 3v3), and will prob escape nerfs that boomkin has to get at some point (most likely pve/raid related) and melee? Much more balanced. All melee classes are pretty decent atm and you really can't go wrong with melee. Enhance shamans seem to be the weakest for pvp but are strong for pve. Sub rogues kept pretty much all their kit and keybinds, as did ret pallies and shadow priests. Many other classes/specs were made much easier to play. Preach gaming has a ton of vids showing the classes.

For the PVE people here is the latest push. Keep in mind this is with level 100 talents at 100 with perks. You won't see this on live. Some classes like Ret Paladin shine with level 100 talent (seraphim). They will probably suck without it until release. Seraphim is that much of a game changer talent. Other classes level 100 talents are not that big a deal. Also this is a patchwork/single target sim. Classes like boomkin will be much better on multi target and melee specs will all go down quite a bit in a actual boss fight (movement). PvE is much more balanced than PvP atm imo. If hunters seem low, that is because you can now fire aimed shot on the move on MM spec etc. If warriors seem high that is because they do not have Feral bleeds, or ranged attacks like Ret Pally/enhance. 

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/raid-postpatch-9-2-14.html

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Blizzard ruined the game, hope Ragnaros smashes the guys responsible

Vanilla + TBC 4 lyfe

Veteran player here, can confirm Vanilla was a buggy mess with raid encounters so easy half of the raid could literally AFK, paladins doing nothing but rebuffing the raid every 5 mins, hunters pressing one button macros etc. TBC was a huge improvement upon the mechanics of the game but it wasn't anything amazing.

Dem rose tinted glasses too stronk.

Edit: Just noticed your age, so you're saying you played and fully understood the game when you were 8 years old enough to call it superior the anything that has been released since then? gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8

OT: Really looking forward to this anniversary event, it's about time they finally did something besides "oh here's a tabard that rewards a little bit of extra XP".

-snip "DRUIDS ARE OP"-

Balancing is far from finished, this could easily change as Preach himself mentions in all of his class videos. Won't be able to tell the FotM class until release, even then some early tier nerfs could hit pretty hard.

I recently started playing WoW again after an almost 2 year break since someone I know decided to buy me a month of game time and have me play with him. As someone who played from Vanilla up to near the end of Cataclysm I can say without a doubt that the game is in the worst state I have ever seen it. Once this month of game time has expired I won't be playing it ever again unless by some miracle the next expansion drastically changes everything. BC was the best I saw from the game. It offered challenging raids, world pvp everywhere and arenas that actually rewarded the good players. Maybe someone here can explain to me just wtf is going on with the balancing in this game at the moment as it seems to be all over the place. I assume they've started making changes for the expansion and balance isn't their top priority. With all that said all I can say about this event is a big MEH.

I recently started playing WoW again after an almost 2 year break since someone I know decided to buy me a month of game time and have me play with him. As someone who played from Vanilla up to near the end of Cataclysm I can say without a doubt that the game is in the worst state I have ever seen it. Once this month of game time has expired I won't be playing it ever again unless by some miracle the next expansion drastically changes everything. BC was the best I saw from the game. It offered challenging raids, world pvp everywhere and arenas that actually rewarded the good players. Maybe someone here can explain to me just wtf is going on with the balancing in this game at the moment as it seems to be all over the place. I assume they've started making changes for the expansion and balance isn't their top priority. With all that said all I can say about this event is a big MEH.

....not to be that guy but you're totally being "that guy"    I've played since vanilla and you know what sucked a huuuuuge pile of shit? Vanilla...and BC..........they had theier good points but the pure amount of grind and bullshit they made you go through just to get ANYTHING done was insane.

is a perfect crushing "vanilla wow rose-tinted-glasses"

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

give me vanilla paladin talent trees and I might come back

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

....not to be that guy but you're totally being "that guy"    I've played since vanilla and you know what sucked a huuuuuge pile of shit? Vanilla...and BC..........they had theier good points but the pure amount of grind and bullshit they made you go through just to get ANYTHING done was insane.

Vanilla I agree with, but BC? No. You're the first person I've ever heard say BC was bad. Maybe I'm basing this from a PVP point of view a bit too much but I did the high end raiding as well and I enjoyed that it was actually difficult. Today they hand everyone everything with ease. I've been back playing less than a week and I reached 90 in 3 days and full gear in another 3 which is just ridiculous to me. There is no satisfaction in getting any gear since the sheer ease of it honestly just makes it boring and you don't feel like you've accomplished anything at all. Maybe I'm wrong but they've lost around 5 million subscribers and counting last I checked so I can't be the only one who thinks this way. Your post did remind me of the leveling grind of vanilla though. /shudder

I know someone that has...

I know someone that has...

That's $1800 worth of entertainment right there  :blink:

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

That's $1800 worth of entertainment right there  :blink:

He's closer to $20k with just the computers alone.

He's closer to $20k with just the computers alone.

eh.... WoW can run on a Toaster due to it's crazy optimizations.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

eh.... WoW can run on a Toaster due to it's crazy optimizations.

Yeah but my uncle is insane.

I still play, looking forward to the event and xpac. The changes to PvP have me interested as maybe it won't be one massive CC/Zergest now. 

Maybe.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

yes i do. I love wow

.Deal_with_it.png

>WaRRioR_ would like quake full and final....will trade vital organs.\"

5960x, rampage v extreme, 2x 16Gb ddr4 g skil 2400mhz ram, 2x 2tb black WD, 4x samsung pro 256Gb, 3x gtx 980 evga superclocked, Corsair ax1200w, define r4, noctua nhd15, 4x dell u2412m....

Vanilla I agree with, but BC? No. You're the first person I've ever heard say BC was bad. Maybe I'm basing this from a PVP point of view a bit too much but I did the high end raiding as well and I enjoyed that it was actually difficult. Today they hand everyone everything with ease. I've been back playing less than a week and I reached 90 in 3 days and full gear in another 3 which is just ridiculous to me. There is no satisfaction in getting any gear since the sheer ease of it honestly just makes it boring and you don't feel like you've accomplished anything at all. Maybe I'm wrong but they've lost around 5 million subscribers and counting last I checked so I can't be the only one who thinks this way. Your post did remind me of the leveling grind of vanilla though. /shudder

They make Heroic versions of raids and they are way harder than PVE mechanics were through the first 3 expansions. Raids were not super hard even in TBC. They were super hard due to attunements. Hell I think the Normal modes are about = to TBC. LFR is = to Vanilla mechanics. The hard part about vanilla was getting 40 people together. Now if you miss that type of progression? Yup it is gone and replaced by achivements. Both good and bad. Now you can play more than one character. Now that character seems less special. As someone who likes playing many classes over one, I like attunements being gone. 

I didn't like MOP but it had to do with the lore/story/feel. Massive PvP is coming with Ashran. Has side arenas and a main AV like area where pvp will be going 24/7 with no structure like World PvP. Balance? The game has been balanced around 3v3 arena for the last few expansions. I think they are balancing it more around bg's/ashran now. 

Also I would hardly call the game balanced before cataclysm in arena. It has never been balanced in arena. That balance is impossible. The ladders were full of FOTM rerolls, and you were rewarded for rerolling, unless you played a class that was pretty much almost always viable. Healers changed every patch and rogue/mage/warrior were viable with everyone else being up and down. Rogue is prob my favorite class, and it it by far the most challenging spec to play in the new expansion with the removal of ability bloat on most specs/classes  (subtlety is pretty much same as on live) but for me to say things like this were balanced (video below), I would have to be on drugs. The rogues were literally just pressing fan of knives here, hence the name of the video. "FOK you". At that time I think 1750/1850 was when you got weapons that were insanely good. These players were not good and were rewarded pressing one button lol. TBC? 2v2 was what people mostly played and it was dominated by Resto Druid/warrior and priest/rogue. SL/SL locks spoiled the party for a bit. Other classes? SOL. Priest/rogue was stupidly easy to smoke people in TBC. Target dps/lock them down, run the other healer out of mana/mana burn. Win. Mage/rogue was one of the only comps that resulted in shorter games (that didn't bore you to death in TBC) at high rankings, and if you made one mistake you were history. 

BTW Fan of Knives interrupted all spell casts lol. Most stupid ability I have ever had in a MMO. "Balance" through rose covered glasses.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Faction PvP battle !!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

They make Heroic versions of raids and they are way harder than PVE mechanics were through the first 3 expansions. Raids were not super hard even in TBC. They were super hard due to attunements. Hell I think the Normal modes are about = to TBC. LFR is = to Vanilla mechanics. The hard part about vanilla was getting 40 people together. Now if you miss that type of progression? Yup it is gone and replaced by achivements. Both good and bad. Now you can play more than one character. Now that character seems less special. As someone who likes playing many classes over one, I like attunements being gone. 

I didn't like MOP but it had to do with the lore/story/feel. Massive PvP is coming with Ashran. Has side arenas and a main AV like area where pvp will be going 24/7 with no structure like World PvP. Balance? The game has been balanced around 3v3 arena for the last few expansions. I think they are balancing it more around bg's/ashran now. 

Also I would hardly call the game balanced before cataclysm in arena. It has never been balanced in arena. That balance is impossible. The ladders were full of FOTM rerolls, and you were rewarded for rerolling, unless you played a class that was pretty much almost always viable. Healers changed every patch and rogue/mage/warrior were viable with everyone else being up and down. Rogue is prob my favorite class, and it it by far the most challenging spec to play in the new expansion with the removal of ability bloat on most specs/classes  (subtlety is pretty much same as on live) but for me to say things like this were balanced (video below), I would have to be on drugs. The rogues were literally just pressing fan of knives here, hence the name of the video. "FOK you". At that time I think 1750/1850 was when you got weapons that were insanely good. These players were not good and were rewarded pressing one button lol. TBC? 2v2 was what people mostly played and it was dominated by Resto Druid/warrior and priest/rogue. SL/SL locks spoiled the party for a bit. Other classes? SOL. Priest/rogue was stupidly easy to smoke people in TBC. Target dps/lock them down, run the other healer out of mana/mana burn. Win. Mage/rogue was one of the only comps that resulted in shorter games (that didn't bore you to death in TBC) at high rankings, and if you made one mistake you were history. 

BTW Fan of Knives interrupted all spell casts lol. Most stupid ability I have ever had in a MMO. "Balance" through rose covered glasses.

I played heroic mode raids through Wrath and they most definitely were not as hard as Sunwell for example (arguably the hardest raid ever made). Honestly if you think Sunwell is equal to a normal raid of today then you simply didn't play it. Many guilds back then broke up due to the sheer difficulty of it and even the top guilds in the world spent a long time trying to even clear it. Compared that to today when a new raid is released and it's cleared by a guild somewhere usually within 24 hours (including the hard mode). Since they didn't have the whole hard mode thing back then they simply made the next raid up much harder than the previous so a lot of guilds never progressed further than SSC for example.

Arena has never been balanced and never will be. Every single patch they release they over nerf and over buff things. It's been that way every single patch that I can remember. 2s in BC was where they attempted to do the balancing rather than 3s like now but obviously the FOTM comps did the best and I do recall the extremely long games of mana wars but I experienced a ton of that in Wrath and Cata as well. The ones I remember most were priest rogue and SLSL lock resto druid. Those 2 were practically unstoppable but arena aside the BGs and world PVP were far better than now in my opinion. You bring up that people were rewarded at 1750 or 1850 with a weapon but today they don't even have rating requirements, so I fail to see the argument and like I said in my previous post I was fully geared in 3 days coming from greens and blues to full pvp gear which in my opinion should not be possible. As for the FOK interrupting casts I agree it was ridiculous, I think the mace stun rogue spec may have been even worse though now that I look back on it.

Overall my point is that they've made the game to have everyone equally geared regardless of skill level. It's simply just a grind now to have all the gear and to be equally geared to someone who could even be 2000 rating higher than you. One of the things I enjoyed about the game before was you were able to acquire gear that not everyone could because you were good enough to do so. Regardless of FOTM comps I was able to get over 2200 on 4 separate classes through Wrath and Cata but if I were to do that today I'd have nothing to show for it and that bothers me. I believe even if you're not playing FOTM comps you can still do fairly well you just won't be getting Gladiator title or something like that which comes down to Blizzards inability to balance the game. These are just my opinions but again looking at the sub numbers people clearly aren't happy with the game in it's current state.

that was me until about a year ago.

Didn't WOW come out in 2003? Whatever, I suddenly don't feel so old anymore :D

PS: I still have never tried it, but I've played almost every other western MMO. (and a small handful of eastern ones)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.