What are good 2.1+ speakers

shadowkiller64

Buy the best reviewed one you can find on the site you are going to purchase from.

Product reviews will help you al lot and also you can find the one that fits your budget the best!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Probably gonna get my head bit off by the Audio sub forum...

Not personally used these, but reviews seem decent.

Creative Labs A250: $29.99

http://www.microcenter.com/product/419088/a250_21_channel_speaker_system

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

i think this might be the 100st question of this type maybe check out the forum for 2.1 speakers. i still favor buying used logitech z4 but u can obviously choose wichever you like.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Buy the best reviewed one you can find on the site you are going to purchase from.

Product reviews will help you al lot and also you can find the one that fits your budget the best!

General reviews from sites like Amazon or Newegg are written by people with an IQ of about 60. However, they are useful for picking up on problems with build quality or malfunction rates, because any idiot knows when their speakers have stopped working. Even the SMS headphone that Linus totally ripped for like a four star rating.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I don't know why you want a 2.1 set. I would go for stereo. You will get more for your money if you pay for 2 speakers insted of 3.
If you decide to spend more you can reconsider a Subwoofer but in your price range there wont be an improvement. 
If you have acess to an amp you should go to your local hifi store and buy a pair of nice stereo speakers. 

Go for passive stereo speakers+lepai 2020 beats any 2.1 under 100 dollar

Depends on the speakers

Micca MB42  for example

I doubt that it'll beat even a Creative T3300 or Logitech Z323, which are cheaper.

'beat' is subjective, and I get that, but I wouldn't say that passives 'beat any 2.1 under 100 dollar'.

PC speakers are very difficult to beat (in price/performance that is)

Micca MB42 for example

So i should get the micca mb42x and a lepai thing for $100?

I doubt that it'll beat even a Creative T3300 or Logitech Z323, which are cheaper.

'beat' is subjective, and I get that, but I wouldn't say that passives 'beat any 2.1 under 100 dollar'.

What should i get then...

So i should get the micca mb42x and a lepai thing for $100?

Yes and later if you own av reciever buy 1 more micca mb42x and a subwoofer and you have an amazing 5.1 hometheater system.

I own a logitech z506 and after listening to a set of passive sony stereo speakers i have not used the logitech 5.1 for a long time.Logitech while great for movies and games just doesnt have the soundquality of a stereo speaker.For me soundquality beats bassy sound anyday.

What should i get then...

Here is the thing if you are going to use it for movies and games and occassionally some music then 2.1,if you are going to use it for mainly for music then Micca mb42x and a lepai 2020 or a premium amp if you have budget.I will never go back to 2.1 again after my experience  with passive stereo speakers.

http://www.cnet.com/products/micca-mb42/

http://www.amazon.com/Micca-MB42X-Bookshelf-Speakers-Tweeter/dp/B00E7H8GG2

If these reviews won't convince you i don't know what will. 

Here is the thing if you are going to use it for movies and games and occassionally some music then 2.1,if you are going to use it for mainly for music then Micca mb42x and a lepai 2020 or a premium amp if you have budget.I will never go back to 2.1 again after my experience with passive stereo speakers.

http://www.cnet.com/products/micca-mb42/

http://www.amazon.com/Micca-MB42X-Bookshelf-Speakers-Tweeter/dp/B00E7H8GG2

If these reviews won't convince you i don't know what will.

I would prefer 2.0 for space but i like bass and lower frequencys :/

I would prefer 2.0 for space but i like bass and lower frequencys :/

Trust me there is plenty of bass.

Will the micca be good for gaming too?

Also can you recommend me an amp that has a pass through so i can use headphones?

Also can you recommend me an amp that has a pass through so i can use headphones?

I don't know of an amp that has that and if it does, it'll be way more than you'll want to spend. Get the Lepai 2020A+ and a 3.5mm splitter instead. As for the bookshelf speakers, I like the Pioneer SP-BS21-LR but that Micca one is good too. I haven't listened to both so can't say for sure which one is better. Definitely stay away from Logitech, Creative, and other peripheral companies though. 

You would be very wrong. 

Yes most definitely,I use stereo speakers and in front of them it feels like I am in 5.1,simple really go for micca if you don't have space,go for pioneer and dayton if you have