What are good 2.1+ speakers

shadowkiller64

I don't know of an amp that has that and if it does, it'll be way more than you'll want to spend. Get the Lepai 2020A+ and a 3.5mm splitter instead. As for the bookshelf speakers, I like the Pioneer SP-BS21-LR but that Micca one is good too. I haven't listened to both so can't say for sure which one is better. Definitely stay away from Logitech, Creative, and other peripheral companies though.

Doesnt a splitter degrade quality :/

Yes most definitely,I use stereo speakers and in front of them it feels like I am in 5.1,simple really go for micca if you don't have space,go for pioneer and dayton if you have

Does pioneer sound better or just louder i dont really care for loudness since i dont want to get hearing loss and i dont like loudness that much in general

Edit Nvm i cant fit the pioneer my mouse pad is too big

Does pioneer sound better or just louder i dont really care for loudness since i dont want to get hearing loss and i dont like loudness that much in generalEdit Nvm i cant fit the pioneer my mouse pad is too big

A splitter doesn't degrade the sound in any way. It's fine.

And sure, the stereo set may have better 'sound quality', but I think that OP will prefer a 2.1 set since he likes bass.

Maybe OP should go to a store and have a listen.

5.1 would be nice for gaming if you have enough room, but it often doesn't have extra functionality for music listening.

Does pioneer sound better or just louder i dont really care for loudness since i dont want to get hearing loss and i dont like loudness that much in generalEdit Nvm i cant fit the pioneer my mouse pad is too big

Also can you recommend me an amp that has a pass through so i can use headphones?

Dont use a Lepai 2020 because the quality will be average and you cannot get the full power of passive speakers,i recommend the topping tp20 for better sound quality,Pioneer sp 22 are designed by Andrew Jones who also designed their premium reference one speakers,so you will be able to get better audio quality but at the price of near 130 dollars.So Micca MB42+Topping TP 20 is your best choice,Lepai 2020 is not bad but just decent at 20 dollars it's just pure value.

Dont use a Lepai 2020 because the quality will be average and you cannot get the full power of passive speakers,i recommend the topping tp20 for better sound quality,Pioneer sp 22 are designed by Andrew Jones who also designed their premium reference one speakers,so you will be able to get better audio quality but at the price of near 130 dollars.So Micca MB42+Topping TP 20 is your best choice,Lepai 2020 is not bad but just decent at 20 dollars it's just pure value.

Why is this more expensive http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EOM10O0?cache=aa4579d754f70489518c5ea78f9d268dπ=SY200_QL40&qid=1410603362&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2

Than this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00828UTE4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1410603514&sr=8-1

Also first one has prime

Also is there anything cheaper than thr topping tp20

Can you tell me where you're from?
And I wouldn't recommend anything cheaper. 
The price of the tp20 is very cheap, but anyway in this price range, I would say that the speakers are more important than the amp so just make sure the amp is capable of providing enough power for your speakers. 

What about:
http://www.amazon.de/Dynavox-CS-PA1-Mini-Verst%C3%A4rker-50Watt-silber/dp/B000G8NQ70/ref=sr_1_13?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1410606456&sr=1-13&keywords=stereo+verst%C3%A4rker

You have two choices stick with lepai and upgrade amp later or go for topping tp 20 ,topping tp 20 Mk 2 means second edition.Probably changed the capacitor or something.I do not have experience with passive speakers because I use M audio bx5 d2 studio monitor with Schiit modi DAC.But I own a lepai 2020 a+ and am so far impressed

Can you tell me where you're from?

And I wouldn't recommend anything cheaper.

The price of the tp20 is very cheap, but anyway in this price range, I would say that the speakers are more important than the amp so just make sure the amp is capable of providing enough power for your speakers.

What about:

http://www.amazon.de/Dynavox-CS-PA1-Mini-Verst%C3%A4rker-50Watt-silber/dp/B000G8NQ70/ref=sr_1_13?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1410606456&sr=1-13&keywords=stereo+verst%C3%A4rker

North america what about these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JXCEDGS?cache=aa4579d754f70489518c5ea78f9d268dπ=SY200_QL40&qid=1410610780&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1 your thing doesnt exist here :(

You have two choices stick with lepai and upgrade amp later or go for topping tp 20 ,topping tp 20 Mk 2 means second edition.Probably changed the capacitor or something.I do not have experience with passive speakers because I use M audio bx5 d2 studio monitor with Schiit modi DAC.But I own a lepai 2020 a+ and am so far impressed

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JXCEDGS?cache=aa4579d754f70489518c5ea78f9d268dπ=SY200_QL40&qid=1410610780&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1 what about this

Yeah I agree looks good!
And sorry about the German thing, seems like we have a few more options in HiFi over here.

Yeah I agree looks good!

And sorry about the German thing, seems like we have a few more options in HiFi over here.

No need to apologize

Go for it,reviews look great same chip inside but sound is better based on reviews

Not true, but a great amp nonetheless.

Price range under $100

If you can stretch by $10, this may be worth looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-000402-Speaker-System-Z623/dp/B003VAHYTG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1410664147&sr=1-1&keywords=z623

The set won't be audiophile grade, but at this price nothing is. We do know that it can deliver strong dynamics without too much distortion; this makes it a good starting point. It should be fine after proper positioning and an EQ job.

If you can stretch by $10, this may be worth looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-000402-Speaker-System-Z623/dp/B003VAHYTG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1410664147&sr=1-1&keywords=z623

The set won't be audiophile grade, but at this price nothing is. We do know that it can deliver strong dynamics without too much distortion; this makes it a good starting point. It should be fine after proper positioning and an EQ job.

Wow I did not know about these,another one like z5500 but 2.1,cool

Care to explain?out of curiosity am asking

Tripath TA2020 vs TI TPA3118DAP. Biggest difference is that the latter has a higher output capability.