New IPS monitor, What is this?

StormSurge

OK so i got my new IPS monitor yesterday and when i booted it up i noticed something strange. There was this spot with pixels that were more red than the rest. It only appears noticebly when the screen is displaying a darker or black image so like boot up or if i have a black wallpaper, Its not really noticable during normal use unless you put your head right on the screen and see the different pixels in that area. What is this effect called? Also just got this monitor woould be such a hassle to send it back...

post-14533-0-62556000-1410349872_thumb.j

Why is your mouse cursor upside down?

Could just be pixels being weird, you can try a pixel fixer and see if it corrects them.

OK so i got my new IPS monitor yesterday and when i booted it up i noticed something strange. There was this spot with pixels that were more red than the rest. It only appears noticebly when the screen is displaying a darker or black image so like boot up or if i have a black wallpaper, Its not really noticable during normal use unless you put your head right on the screen and see the different pixels in that area. What is this effect called? Also just got this monitor woould be such a hassle to send it back...

What model is that IPS monitor? Usually helps to know this. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I have this issue on my phone. I think it is backlight bleeding though it is not annoying on phone but I can imagine that on monitor it must be really frustrating to see that. I wonder if you can return it within warranty because of that.

Why is your mouse cursor upside down?

Could just be pixels being weird, you can try a pixel fixer and see if it corrects them.

because my phone is dumb and flipped the image.

What model is that IPS monitor? Usually helps to know this. ;)

Its my second Acer h236hl BID, First one doesent have this problem.

lTv8XhH.jpg

Heres a better picture of the red pixels. Just sucks that if im playing a game and it gets dark or night i have to see them. Its not noticable on my desktop or browsing web/videos but dark games like space related games i might see it depending on if it goes all black.

Should i just return it or is there any fix?

You have a person's soul locked inside your monitor.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

You have a person's soul locked inside your monitor.

I wish this was the case, Then i could pretend im Shinji and recreate my favorite evangelion scenes :^(

Its my second Acer h236hl BID, First one doesent have this problem.

Hmm, yeah some people who've bought that exact monitor have had several issues with them. One member on here (I can't remember who it was) bought 3 of them and experience all manner of screen issues on all three. He may've just had some really bad luck though.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I wish this was the case, Then i could pretend im Shinji and recreate my favorite evangelion scenes :^(

or you could go Guilty Crown style, take some Gene X and pull a soul weapon out of your monitor

Return it.  That is unacceptable in my eyes.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."