My thoughts on the iPhone 6

Stefan Becker

Yeah, I found this gem on a danish tech-retailers Facebook today:

10593209_10152687441653166_1082549954450

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

lel

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Im just waiting for mkbhd's video on the iphone 6, bet its gonna be hilarious  :lol:

CPU: Amd fx 8120 3.9ghz...Motherboard: Asus m5a97 evo R:2.0...RAM: 8gb 1600 kingston hyperx blu...GPU: XFX R9 280x ...CASE: Nzxt h440...

HDD: Kingston adata ssd 500 gigs, wd blue 500gb...PSU: Corsair gs700...Monitors: Asus vk222h Cooler: Noctua nh-d14...Keyboard:coolermaster masterkeys m...Mouse: logitech g300...Headphones: Logitech g430

In my opinion people don't buy the iphone 6 for the specifications.  They buy it for the experience.  In my mind Apple has always been a software company over hardware, I feel the iphone 6 is worth it IF you don't care about specs but just want something with a good and unique experience.  Yes, most of us nerds prefer Android but Apple does a bloody good job at making the Iphone feel like a beast!  

People who buy Iphones are about the closed, basic experience of Iphones.  Simplistic and cosy.  

Im just waiting for mkbhd's video on the iphone 6, bet its gonna be hilarious  :lol:

Love the collaboration of the tech community to make an iPhone 6 release video parody. He played as Dr.Dre and it was hysterical!

TrinityFX

CPU: i5-4440 @ 3.1Ghz RAM: Crucial 1 x 4GB @ 1.6Ghz  MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate GPU: PCS+ HD 7870 Ghz Edition | CASE: NZXT Source 210 Window | HDD #1: Toshiba 3.5" 500GB HDD #2: Toshiba 2.5" 500GB PSU: Cougar SL500 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2wccCJ |

This was pretty much what my friend and I were saying about the new iPhone. NFC? wooooah.... 1334x750p?...what the hell is that? It sounds like watchdog's 792p. 

Anyway, good luck with whoever buys it. It'll be enjoyable nonetheless. But Android users have already been having these "new" features.

btw. I have a sneaking suspicion that this will turn into a flame war.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

This was pretty much what my friend and I were saying about the new iPhone. NFC? wooooah.... 1334x750p?...what the hell is that? It sounds like watchdog's 792p. 

Anyway, good luck with whoever buys it. It'll be enjoyable nonetheless. But Android users have already been having these "new" features.

btw. I have a sneaking suspicion that this will turn into a flame war.

Yeap, but the most anoying thing is that those hipsters that are all over apple, go all like omfggggg iphone 6 its neeww so good, OBVIOUSLY its better than your htc one m8, or your note 4 or your galaxy s5, its anoying af

CPU: Amd fx 8120 3.9ghz...Motherboard: Asus m5a97 evo R:2.0...RAM: 8gb 1600 kingston hyperx blu...GPU: XFX R9 280x ...CASE: Nzxt h440...

HDD: Kingston adata ssd 500 gigs, wd blue 500gb...PSU: Corsair gs700...Monitors: Asus vk222h Cooler: Noctua nh-d14...Keyboard:coolermaster masterkeys m...Mouse: logitech g300...Headphones: Logitech g430

Yeap, but the most anoying thing is that those hipsters that are all over apple, go all like omfggggg iphone 6 its neeww so good, OBVIOUSLY its better than your htc one m8, or your note 4 or your galaxy s5, its anoying af

"omg, your htc one whatever toooooootaly stole apple's nfc feature"

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Your Hyundai might also have

- 4 Wheels

- 4 Doors

- 300 BHP motor

- 4 brakes

- navigation

Still doesn't make it a Mercedes.

THIS! Exactly

The iPhone is about the experience, the UI, the software, the app store, the feeling, the build quality, the seamless integration, the great camera etc etc

Just because something matches spec for spec does not make them the same......Apple have never been about listing specs

How come the old iPhone camera was better than the other android phones even with its lower spec? how come its cpu and gpu were more powerful? but with lower specs on paper... the iPhone is more than just a spec list like most android phones

But since 99% of this forum do not understand it, I find it hard to discuss anymore, 

Everyone is just like  "eww 750p screen" yet I bet the screen is gorgeous, just as the current 5s screen is a really amazing screen, even though its not the highest ppi, 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

At even if it would be better, android 'nerds' would call it shit. because apple. that is annoying as well.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Isn't bashing Apple and Microsoft a prerequisite things to do in LTT forum? Oh and the #PCMR thing too..

iOS>Android

Mac>Windows

walks away

Hey..come back here. Want some cookies?

iOS>Android

No.

Also, I like MacOSX, but I wouldn't say it's better than Windows.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I'm gonna say this right now and right here. I hate Android.

iOS>Windows Phone>Android

Windows>OS X

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

THIS! Exactly

The iPhone is about the experience, the UI, the software, the app store, the feeling, the build quality, the seamless integration, the great camera etc etc

Just because something matches spec for spec does not make them the same......Apple have never been about listing specs

How come the old iPhone camera was better than the other android phones even with its lower spec? how come its cpu and gpu were more powerful? but with lower specs on paper... the iPhone is more than just a spec list like most android phones

But since 99% of this forum do not understand it, I find it hard to discuss anymore, 

Everyone is just like  "eww 750p screen" yet I bet the screen is gorgeous, just as the current 5s screen is a really amazing screen, even though its not the highest ppi, 

huuh, htc one m8? if you call the iphone a mercedes, htc is a lambo?

At even if it would be better, android 'nerds' would call it shit. because apple. that is annoying as well.

Well apple makes for it, i wouldnt be surprised if apple sued all the company's that use nfc because they would say they invented it

huuh, htc one m8? if you call the iphone a mercedes, htc is a lambo?

No not at all the HTC One m8 might be your favourite and thats cool, its a great device, but you underestimate how fast and nice the iPhone is in use, even my 2 year old iPhone 5 still rips along

Well apple makes for it, i wouldnt be surprised if apple sued all the company's that use nfc because they would say they invented it

Apple might have a lot of patent sueing but they do not claim to invent everything, that is something anti-apple crowd tend to think all the time, apple "innovate" and that means to take existing technology and implement it in a new or improved way, Apple are pros at this, like the fingerprint scanner is not new tech, but the one on the 5s is a brilliant design

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No not at all the HTC One m8 might be your favourite and thats cool, its a great device, but you underestimate how fast and nice the iPhone is in use, even my 2 year old iPhone 5 still rips along

I know people who still roll with an iPhone 4 and it still works fast even with iOS 7.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

actually its not my favourite, but its one of the best well made androids out there, so thats why i refered it.........well windows phones are also fast and nice to use, but that doesnt mean they are better, (although i find them quite attractive)

actually its not my favourite, but its one of the best well made androids out there, so thats why i refered it.........well windows phones are also fast and nice to use, but that doesnt mean they are better, (although i find them quite attractive)

But Windows Phone is a total flop. Now Microsoft wants to get rid of it. Finally, no more Windows RT either!

That is not how it works, you cannot say something is crap because you do not like it

I love iOS, iPad and Apple, but I do not own a mac, not because they are bad, but because as a tool it does not perform the function I want. That said I am considering one for my new studio set up

Apple just do things a different way, if you dont like it, then other really good products exist, android is a great OS, I just dont like it on my phone and tablet, I do love it on my nvidia shield though

But Windows Phone is a total flop. Now Microsoft wants to get rid of it. Finally, no more Windows RT either!

it is unfortunatly it is, but the idea behind the style of the OS is nice and looks good, runs extremely fast and all, but good things about windows phone end there, same goes for an iphone 

That is not how it works, you cannot say something is crap because you do not like it

I love iOS, iPad and Apple, but I do not own a mac, not because they are bad, but because as a tool it does not perform the function I want. That said I am considering one for my new studio set up

Apple just do things a different way, if you dont like it, then other really good products exist, android is a great OS, I just dont like it on my phone and tablet, I do love it on my nvidia shield though

lol wut, where did in that phrase did I say that something was crap because i didnt like it?

and yes i've used iphones, 3,4,5 and the S's (lol) but anyway, they werent mine, got to play with them, and honestly found 3, 4, 4s choppy as fuck, 5 was smooth, but heres the thing, androids arent all smooth, but thats the thing you have tons of options, anyway i dont even care i still own an xperia play ;_;

it is unfortunatly it is, but the idea behind the style of the OS is nice and looks good, runs extremely fast and all, but good things about windows phone end there, same goes for an iphone 

Well, they planned to integrate all of the Windows versions into one Windows.