Can someone please help choose parts for Caselabs ST10

Hello everyone,

First timer here. I have never ever built a water cooled gaming pc before, and therefore, I have tons of questions I would like to ask you guys. 

Here's my parts so far,

Caselabs ST10 (I like tall cases, like 750D)

i7-4790K

Maximus VII Formula (I don't plan using the built-in cooling feature on this MB, just for the look)

Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB

EVGA TITAN BLACK X 2

850 PRO 256GB

AX1200i

WD 1TB Black

Q1: Is one 480 Monsta adequate to cool off titan black in sli mode + 4790k? On top or front?

Q2: How to mount reservoir and pump into the case? Should it be mounted in mid-air or in the bottom? What accessories should I purchase to secure the assembly?

Q3: What are the best parts available in terms of quality. Money is "kinda" not an issue.

Q4: I like the way Caselabs ST10 looks from front, and therefore, I don't want to put a fan controller in the front. Is there a way I can control all the fans via motherboard?

Q5: If you have time, can you please provide me a complete list of parts you think I should buy for this build? 

I am open to any suggestions or recommendations.

Thank you!!!

post-124700-0-44035000-1410235873_thumb.post-124700-0-52559300-1410235877_thumb.

Hi! Welcome to the forums :).

Usually the rule of thumb is 120mm worth of radiator space per component, plus another 120mm of radiator space for extra headroom. But monsta rads are more than a single 120mm radiator, they are massive and can transfer more heat. So yeah, a 480 monsta is more than enough for 2 gpus and a CPU.

What do you think of the Caselabs Merlin SM8? Personally I find it more attractive than the ST10, it's not immensely huge and can also fit monsta radiators and all kinds of hardware inside. Is really hard to make a ST10 not look empty.

There is a wide selection of ways to mount the reservoir to the case, a easy, secure, good looking and common one is on mid-air, like you said. You can use a pair of reservoir mounts (like these) which are often included with reservoirs. There are mounting plates with a 90° bend, and mounting brackets (like these). You can use 3M Double sided heavy duty tape, which is actually the choice of many people for mounting res. If you are using hard tubbing and strong fittings, the same tubbing can hold the reservoir. Or you can choose to have the reservoir mounted directly to the pump, and attaching the pump to the case, with mounting hardware like this.

What do you mean with best parts available? You mean PC hardware? Water cooling products? Explain further please.

Yes, many motherboards support decent ways of controlling fans, specially Asus motherboards, which have a ton of headers to work with, which can be individually controlled. There are a big selection of splitters, that you can control with one fan header from the motherboard, this is usually the choice for most high end watercooled rigs, the ModMyToyz splitter PCBs are usually the way-to-go.

You can get internal fan controllers if you don't want to use the motherboard, for example the T-balancer Linus uses in his personal build. I recommend the Aquaero fan controllers, they are one of the best high end fan controllers on the market. They are usually for 5.25" bays, but they also have a internal version available, that is the exact same controller but without the 5.25" casing. This is the link for it.

What are the other components that you plan to put in the build? What fans are you going to use?

If you are going with two titan blacks, I would go X99.

even with the 5820k those 6 cores would be way better

if this is just for gaming, two titan blacks are way overkill. R9295x2 took a price drop and I would go there. or you can go with 3 way SLI 780ti

850 Pro is for enterprise grade stuff. 840 EVO gives you more capacity for a performance difference that you cannot perceive.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Hi @HappyBird. Thats a big case. I'll try to answer you questions for you.

1. The monsta is a monsta of a rad, but even then, I would add atleast another rad for the CPU. A thin 480 for the roof? 360 in the front?

2. A tube res in that case would not be an issue. I would mount it on the tray near the front. Where ever suits really, as long as its higher than the pump.

3. Best parts can be a hotly debated topic. But I beleive if you use EK water blocks products, you won't go wrong.

4. You could use a fan spliter off the CPU fan header. I beleive you can get up to 7 or 8 off one header. Most motherboards run a CPU 1 and CPU 2 fan headers, and some kind of semi decent software, you should be able to set some really quiet custom fan curves.

5. Here what I would suggest for your Build.

EK CPU block - EK supremacy elite = 127 USD

EK VGA Block - EK 780ti = $110 USD x 2 plus back plates to suit.

EK D5 Pump Vario = $115-120 USD

EK Cool Stream 360 XTX Rad = $105 USD

EK Cool Stream 480 XTX Rad = $127 USD

EK Tube Res = $50 - 130 pending size

Enough fittings of your choice. 2 per item. And tubing or hose to suit.

Fans well, again debatable, Cosair SP 120s Quiet editions, Noctua's, Noise Blockers etc. The choice is personal. I run the Corsairs, they're pretty quiet.

Coolant, Distilled water (with or without dyes) and PT nuke.

That part list Is what I would use in your position. But you can get cheaper if you shop around. Prices taken from FrozenCPU.com

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Hi! Welcome to the forums :).

Usually the rule of thumb is 120mm worth of radiator space per component, plus another 120mm of radiator space for extra headroom. But monsta rads are more than a single 120mm radiator, they are massive and can transfer more heat. So yeah, a 480 monsta is more than enough for 2 gpus and a CPU.

What do you think of the Caselabs Merlin SM8? Personally I find it more attractive than the ST10, it's not immensely huge and can also fit monsta radiators and all kinds of hardware inside. Is really hard to make a ST10 not look empty.

There is a wide selection of ways to mount the reservoir to the case, a easy, secure, good looking and common one is on mid-air, like you said. You can use a pair of reservoir mounts (like these) which are often included with reservoirs. There are mounting plates with a 90° bend, and mounting brackets (like these). You can use 3M Double sided heavy duty tape, which is actually the choice of many people for mounting res. If you are using hard tubbing and strong fittings, the same tubbing can hold the reservoir. Or you can choose to have the reservoir mounted directly to the pump, and attaching the pump to the case, with mounting hardware like this.

What do you mean with best parts available? You mean PC hardware? Water cooling products? Explain further please.

Yes, many motherboards support decent ways of controlling fans, specially Asus motherboards, which have a ton of headers to work with, which can be individually controlled. There are a big selection of splitters, that you can control with one fan header from the motherboard, this is usually the choice for most high end watercooled rigs, the ModMyToyz splitter PCBs are usually the way-to-go.

You can get internal fan controllers if you don't want to use the motherboard, for example the T-balancer Linus uses in his personal build. I recommend the Aquaero fan controllers, they are one of the best high end fan controllers on the market. They are usually for 5.25" bays, but they also have a internal version available, that is the exact same controller but without the 5.25" casing. This is the link for it.

What are the other components that you plan to put in the build? What fans are you going to use?

Thank you so much for the input, ForsakenLive.

I already had the case for a week already. In fact, the reason I chose ST10 over SM8 is to future proof. I plan to keep this case as long as I can for future project. I like tall case, really, and I think that's the reason I bought it.

Does mounting reservior on mid-air involve drilling holes on the case? I prefer not to because I am afraid of messing up such a beautiful case. Will the heavy duty tape handle the weight of reservoir with coolant inside? I don't really mind where to mount the whole assembly as long as it's easy and good looking from outside. I have done research online, and it seems that there are almost no video on how to mount reservoir on the case though.

The best part I mean water cooling parts. I already have all the pc hardware parts now, and I just need to purchase water cooling parts and quality of those parts is all I really care.

Is this a good fan controller? http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20988/ele-1196/Swiftech_8-Way_PWM_Cable_Splitter_-_SATA_Power_8W-PWM-SPL-ST.html

I have corsair af and sp 120 quiet edition.

Again, thanks for the help. :)

If you are going with two titan blacks, I would go X99.

even with the 5820k those 6 cores would be way better

if this is just for gaming, two titan blacks are way overkill. R9295x2 took a price drop and I would go there. or you can go with 3 way SLI 780ti

850 Pro is for enterprise grade stuff. 840 EVO gives you more capacity for a performance difference that you cannot perceive.

Hello PC-NOOB.

The reason I went Z97 is because I already purchased corsair dominator platinum a long time ago, which is quite expensive, and I know I will lose money if I sell it right now. Instead of selling it for a lose, I will just go ahead and use it then. Also, if I choose to go X99, I have to wait for the MB from ROG. I'm tired of waiting for new parts already. That being said, if I did find a place where I can sell these ram, I will definitely go X99.

The titan blacks are from previous pc.

Hi @HappyBird. Thats a big case. I'll try to answer you questions for you.

1. The monsta is a monsta of a rad, but even then, I would add atleast another rad for the CPU. A thin 480 for the roof? 360 in the front?

2. A tube res in that case would not be an issue. I would mount it on the tray near the front. Where ever suits really, as long as its higher than the pump.

3. Best parts can be a hotly debated topic. But I beleive if you use EK water blocks products, you won't go wrong.

4. You could use a fan spliter off the CPU fan header. I beleive you can get up to 7 or 8 off one header. Most motherboards run a CPU 1 and CPU 2 fan headers, and some kind of semi decent software, you should be able to set some really quiet custom fan curves.

5. Here what I would suggest for your Build.

EK CPU block - EK supremacy elite = 127 USD

EK VGA Block - EK 780ti = $110 USD x 2 plus back plates to suit.

EK D5 Pump Vario = $115-120 USD

EK Cool Stream 360 XTX Rad = $105 USD

EK Cool Stream 480 XTX Rad = $127 USD

EK Tube Res = $50 - 130 pending size

Enough fittings of your choice. 2 per item. And tubing or hose to suit.

Fans well, again debatable, Cosair SP 120s Quiet editions, Noctua's, Noise Blockers etc. The choice is personal. I run the Corsairs, they're pretty quiet.

Coolant, Distilled water (with or without dyes) and PT nuke.

That part list Is what I would use in your position. But you can get cheaper if you shop around. Prices taken from FrozenCPU.com

Hi Maxwit44,

I really appreciate for the help.

I have no issue to add additional radiator. The reason I only want one is because I like the clean look inside the case, less tube around. What about 2 480 monsta, one for the roof and one in the front?

I've heard EK before, and I really like the design. I will take a deep look into their products.

I have corsair fans from previous build.

The only thing that keeps bothering me is the pump and res assembly. How many components are in the assembly? I've heard pump top, pump, and so on, and it's so confused!!!!!.

Anyway, please feel free and let me know what I should do. THANKS!!!

Hi Maxwit44,

I really appreciate for the help.

I have no issue to add additional radiator. The reason I only want one is because I like the clean look inside the case, less tube around. What about 2 480 monsta, one for the roof and one in the front?

I've heard EK before, and I really like the design. I will take a deep look into their products.

I have corsair fans from previous build.

The only thing that keeps bothering me is the pump and res assembly. How many components are in the assembly? I've heard pump top, pump, and so on, and it's so confused!!!!!.

Anyway, please feel free and let me know what I should do. THANKS!!!

@HappyBird, Something like this . They are a good solid pump that will last forever. It has the pump top and pump assembled in the box ready to go.

As for the layout. On the Res use the port marked out, or if there none marked the lowest port, and feed that into the center port on the face of the pump. Thats the only real important bit. after that, run your tubing to what ever. Something like this is pretty damn good. Give you plenty of options to chose from.

That fan controller is ok. Have not heard a bad thing about them.

As for the Rad, well, thats not a bad idea. You'll have good temps if you have two of those in the one loop. You'll be able to overclock the crap outta the gpus and cpu.

Have a look at the pics below. I've tried to find good clean examples of what a good flow path should look like. Note in both pics that the res always goes to the center port. I dont know who they belong but they are good starting points to reference in my opinion.

I'm always happy to help any one who asks for help. If @Shaqo_Wyn happens to drop in, He always has some pretty solid advice too.

Edit: sorry may have misread your question about the res. you can get pump res combo in tube style. I like to keep them separate unless space is an issue. But it's up to you what you use.

post-83311-0-34865000-1410244118.jpg

post-83311-0-25475700-1410244127_thumb.j

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

@HappyBird, Something like this . They are a good solid pump that will last forever. It has the pump top and pump assembled in the box ready to go.

As for the layout. On the Res use the port marked out, or if there none marked the lowest port, and feed that into the center port on the face of the pump. Thats the only real important bit. after that, run your tubing to what ever. Something like this is pretty damn good. Give you plenty of options to chose from.

That fan controller is ok. Have not heard a bad thing about them.

As for the Rad, well, thats not a bad idea. You'll have good temps if you have two of those in the one loop. You'll be able to overclock the crap outta the gpus and cpu.

Have a look at the pics below. I've tried to find good clean examples of what a good flow path should look like. Note in both pics that the res always goes to the center port. I dont know who they belong but they are good starting points to reference in my opinion.

I'm always happy to help any one who asks for help. If @Shaqo_Wyn happens to drop in, He always has some pretty solid advice too.

Edit: sorry may have misread your question about the res. you can get pump res combo in tube style. I like to keep them separate unless space is an issue. But it's up to you what you use.

I like the idea of separating res and pump as there are plenty of space in ST10. However, I am still wondering how the guy with blue build mounted his res. I see he used reservoir mount, but does it involve drilling? And if you don't mind, can you please give me a complete list of parts I need to purchase, like the way pcpartpicker work that you can just give me a link that has everything in it?

@HappyBird, Sorry can't do a PC Part Picker style list (takes way too much time). Best I can do is this list.

Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta Quad 120mm Radiator - 80mm Thick!!  @ $144.95 x 2

EK D5 X-Top Pump Top w/ D5 Vario Pump - Black Acetal (EK-D5 Vario X-TOP (incl. pump))  @ $115.99

Bitspower G1/4 Thread 45-Degree Rotary Adapter - Silver (BP-45R)  @ $10.49 x4

Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 Inline Reservoir (BP-WTZM250P-BK) @ $45.99 or EK-MultiOption RES X3 250 - Liquid Cooling Reservoir (6 Total Ports) @ $62.99

EK G1/4 Thread Perfect Seal Compression Fitting - 10mm ID x 16mm OD (3/8" x 5/8") - Nickel @ $6.99 x 14

PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 3/8"ID x 5/8" OD - 10ft Retail Pack - Clear (PFLEXA10-58) @ $24.99

EK Supremacy EVO Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal CSQ (EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal (Original CSQ)) @ $74.99

EK GeForce 780 GTX Ti VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal (EK-FC780 GTX Ti - Acetal) @ $107.99 x 2

EK GTX Titan / 780 / 780 Ti / 770 VGA Liquid Cooling RAM Backplate - Black (EK-FC780 GTX Ti Backplate - Black) @ $30.99 x 2

EK FC Bridge Dual Serial 3-Slot CSQ - SLI Connection - Acetal (EK-FC Bridge DUAL Serial 3-Slot CSQ) @ $22.99

Mayhems Biocide Extreme - 10mL @ 8.99

IandH Silver KillCoils - Antimicrobial .999 Fine Silver Tubing / Reservoir Strip @ $6.99

All Up excluding shipping, taxes etc = $1025.65 USD. Plus distilled water from where ever.

All at Frozen CPU. I did look at other places, but they didn't have some of it.

Worth ever penny in my books, but thats just me!! :D Enjoy.

-snip-

I've seen the double sided heavy duty tape on lots of build logs, both used for reservoirs and pumps, it's pretty solid, but a couple of screws is always better. If you don't want to drill the case, you could do a pump-reservoir combo (tube res on top of a pump with its aftermarket housing), then mount the pump using something like the EK Uni holder or similar pump mount brackets, and bolt it to the floor of the case, that has already pre-drilled holes for adding fans. I would just make sure to use a very long res (like 40cm+), so it can be displayed on the window.

For quality parts, most well known brands offer good stuff, but if I were to recommend I would go Bitspower for fittings, Alphacool/Darkside for radiators, Swiftech, Aquacomputer, EK or Koolance for blocks, Primochill for both tubbing and hard tubbing. Laing pumps (DDC /D5), and EK or Bitspower for reservoirs.

The Swiftech splitter you linked is not a controller, it's a PWM hub, where you connect a cable from the motherboard 4-pin to the red covered header on the splitter; power it with a sata power cable from the PSU and be able to control up to 7 fans with the motherboard (speeds will be the same on all the fans, it won't allow you to control them individually).

The controller I linked has a USB port and needs to be setup with software. then it will hold the settings and automatically operate the fans. It supports temp sensors, 3 pin and pwm fans and all sorts of led control. It's the same Aquaero 5 5.25" fan controller, but it goes inside behind the motherboard tray and has no screen.

For the pumps, you have the housings and the pump tops , housings are for aesthetics, and pump tops are better interfaces to connect the pump, specially if you want to mount the reservoir directly into the pump (like a combo unit). You can purchase the pump with all the accessories including mount bracket and all pre-installed. It's more expensive but it doesn't void your warranty when you disassemble the original pump structure (example from EK).

@HappyBird, Sorry can't do a PC Part Picker style list (takes way too much time). Best I can do is this list.

Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta Quad 120mm Radiator - 80mm Thick!!  @ $144.95 x 2

EK D5 X-Top Pump Top w/ D5 Vario Pump - Black Acetal (EK-D5 Vario X-TOP (incl. pump))  @ $115.99

Bitspower G1/4 Thread 45-Degree Rotary Adapter - Silver (BP-45R)  @ $10.49 x4

Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 Inline Reservoir (BP-WTZM250P-BK) @ $45.99 or EK-MultiOption RES X3 250 - Liquid Cooling Reservoir (6 Total Ports) @ $62.99

EK G1/4 Thread Perfect Seal Compression Fitting - 10mm ID x 16mm OD (3/8" x 5/8") - Nickel @ $6.99 x 14

PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 3/8"ID x 5/8" OD - 10ft Retail Pack - Clear (PFLEXA10-58) @ $24.99

EK Supremacy EVO Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal CSQ (EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal (Original CSQ)) @ $74.99

EK GeForce 780 GTX Ti VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal (EK-FC780 GTX Ti - Acetal) @ $107.99 x 2

EK GTX Titan / 780 / 780 Ti / 770 VGA Liquid Cooling RAM Backplate - Black (EK-FC780 GTX Ti Backplate - Black) @ $30.99 x 2

EK FC Bridge Dual Serial 3-Slot CSQ - SLI Connection - Acetal (EK-FC Bridge DUAL Serial 3-Slot CSQ) @ $22.99

Mayhems Biocide Extreme - 10mL @ 8.99

IandH Silver KillCoils - Antimicrobial .999 Fine Silver Tubing / Reservoir Strip @ $6.99

All Up excluding shipping, taxes etc = $1025.65 USD. Plus distilled water from where ever.

All at Frozen CPU. I did look at other places, but they didn't have some of it.

Worth ever penny in my books, but thats just me!! :D Enjoy.

Thank you so much for the list. I will look into it today and if I have further questions, I will get back to you. Thanks!!!

Check the build in my sig.

I really want to know how you mounted your res. Do I need to have angled fittings for radiator?

I've seen the double sided heavy duty tape on lots of build logs, both used for reservoirs and pumps, it's pretty solid, but a couple of screws is always better. If you don't want to drill the case, you could do a pump-reservoir combo (tube res on top of a pump with its aftermarket housing), then mount the pump using something like the EK Uni holder or similar pump mount brackets, and bolt it to the floor of the case, that has already pre-drilled holes for adding fans. I would just make sure to use a very long res (like 40cm+), so it can be displayed on the window.

For quality parts, most well known brands offer good stuff, but if I were to recommend I would go Bitspower for fittings, Alphacool/Darkside for radiators, Swiftech, Aquacomputer, EK or Koolance for blocks, Primochill for both tubbing and hard tubbing. Laing pumps (DDC /D5), and EK or Bitspower for reservoirs.

The Swiftech splitter you linked is not a controller, it's a PWM hub, where you connect a cable from the motherboard 4-pin to the red covered header on the splitter; power it with a sata power cable from the PSU and be able to control up to 7 fans with the motherboard (speeds will be the same on all the fans, it won't allow you to control them individually).

The controller I linked has a USB port and needs to be setup with software. then it will hold the settings and automatically operate the fans. It supports temp sensors, 3 pin and pwm fans and all sorts of led control. It's the same Aquaero 5 5.25" fan controller, but it goes inside behind the motherboard tray and has no screen.

For the pumps, you have the housings and the pump tops , housings are for aesthetics, and pump tops are better interfaces to connect the pump, specially if you want to mount the reservoir directly into the pump (like a combo unit). You can purchase the pump with all the accessories including mount bracket and all pre-installed. It's more expensive but it doesn't void your warranty when you disassemble the original pump structure (example from EK).

Thank you! I will take your advice when I select parts. I will let you know if my selections are good for my build. :)

I really want to know how you mounted your res. Do I need to have angled fittings for radiator?

First, when I selected my case I opted for 4x120 fan holes/mounts on the bottom. I wanted the option to flip my PSU upside down to draw air from the outside. The far left fan hole aligns perfectly with PSU fan when upside down. The other reason was to have pre-drilled holes for a 2x120 accessory plate.

I decided to use an accessory plate because I HATE drilling into the case itself. With a plate, if something went wrong I could ditch it and buy a new one.

After I assembled the pump/res combo it was simply a matter of aligning everything and marking/drilling 4 holes into the accessory plate where the pump/res stand will sit. I used small bolts/nuts from Lowes (silver in pic) to secure. Remove x2 of the bottom fan covers and attach 2x120 accessory plate.

eo5sv.jpg

1evt.jpg

The tanks top 3 ports are pressure relief valve, a fill port (capped), and inflow. Not shown in the pics is an aqua pipe so inflow doesn't waterfall/cascade inside the res (flow is below waterline).

Missed the 2nd part of the question, so edited to add: I needed angle fittings for pump/res (2x90s, one topside one backside), CPU block (1x90 1x45), and 1 for the GPUs (1x90). I didn't need any angles for 2 reservoirs.

73os.jpg

That gold. :( If only they had z97 vrm/chipset waterblocks at the time of build.

you should really look at project red mist and project skunkworks before you build/order the parts for this. (there are 6 videos in red mist and 4 in skunkworks, this is the first red mist video)

I also recommend getting more radiator space, you can add a 560mm rad for $200 (including fans and fittings), and it will perform much better.

First, when I selected my case I opted for 4x120 fan holes/mounts on the bottom. I wanted the option to flip my PSU upside down to draw air from the outside. The far left fan hole aligns perfectly with PSU fan when upside down. The other reason was to have pre-drilled holes for a 2x120 accessory plate.

I decided to use an accessory plate because I HATE drilling into the case itself. With a plate, if something went wrong I could ditch it and buy a new one.

After I assembled the pump/res combo it was simply a matter of aligning everything and marking/drilling 4 holes into the accessory plate where the pump/res stand will sit. I used small bolts/nuts from Lowes (silver in pic) to secure. Remove x2 of the bottom fan covers and attach 2x120 accessory plate.

The tanks top 3 ports are pressure relief valve, a fill port (capped), and inflow. Not shown in the pics is an aqua pipe so inflow doesn't waterfall/cascade inside the res (flow is below waterline).

Missed the 2nd part of the question, so edited to add: I needed angle fittings for pump/res (2x90s, one topside one backside), CPU block (1x90 1x45), and 1 for the GPUs (1x90). I didn't need any angles for 2 reservoirs.

I also opted 4 X 120 mounting holes on the bottom of the case because I thought about water cooling in future build. Yeah, I'm with you about drilling in the case. I know cases from caselabs are mod friendly, but I really don't want to damage it. I will purchase a mounting plate from caselabs (120 single, right? or 2X120mm?). One question though. Did you drill the hole in the mounting plate yourself or does it come with pre drilled? And also, did you use anything to secure the tube sitting on top of the pump? Will it be stable enough with water filled in?

3d533616_HQNis.jpeg

I will do like this. Assuming I mount res and pump like you did in your build, how many angle fittings do you think I need to purchase? What are they? Please be specific if you can. Thanks :D!!!

you should really look at project red mist and project skunkworks before you build/order the parts for this. (there are 6 videos in red mist and 4 in skunkworks, this is the first red mist video)

I also recommend getting more radiator space, you can add a 560mm rad for $200 (including fans and fittings), and it will perform much better.

Thanks!!!.

I will take a look at those videos. 

I think Caselabs ST10 can only support up to 480mm, right?

Hey guys, I've done some research on the parts and here's what I've got so far. Please feel free to correct me. Thanks.

Radiator:

Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 120mm 480 X 2

Fans:

Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition X16, PUSH PULL. (Should I buy PWM or regular ones?)

Tubing:

PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing, Bloodshed Red, 10ft pack (Will this color match ROG red?)

Fittings:

Bitspower Compression Fittings (I'm not sure about the color yet, but my build will be ROG red. What do you think?)

CPU Block:

Koolance CPU-380i

GPU Block:

Probably will buy from EVGA? Not sure yet.

Pump & Reservoir -- This is the most confusing part :(

Aquacomputer D5 Pump Motor w/ USB and Aquabus Interface

Aquacomputer Pump Adapter for D5 Pumps, Compatible w/Aqualis

Aqualis Base for Pump Adapter w/Nano Coating, 880mL (Is this too big to fit inside ST10?)

Will these components work together? Can they mount vertically on the bottom of the case? Is there a bracket that would support them, like bits power upgrade kits?

THANKS FOR THE HELP, GUYS!!!

Thanks!!!.

I will take a look at those videos. 

I think Caselabs ST10 can only support up to 480mm, right?

you can actually fit two 560mm rads in the bottom if your psu is mounted in the top section.

Hey guys, I've done some research on the parts and here's what I've got so far. Please feel free to correct me. Thanks.

Radiator:

Fans:

Tubing:

PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing, Bloodshed Red, 10ft pack (Will this color match ROG red?)

Fittings:

Bitspower Compression Fittings (I'm not sure about the color yet, but my build will be ROG red. What do you think?)

CPU Block:

Koolance CPU-380i

GPU Block:

Aqualis Base for Pump Adapter w/Nano Coating, 880mL (Is this too big to fit inside ST10?)

Will these components work together? Can they mount vertically on the bottom of the case? Is there a bracket that would support them, like bits power upgrade kits?

You don't really need push pull, those radiators have a low fpi so its even more pointless than normal. The evga hydro copper gpus aren't a great deal, they aren't as good as a custom option (though the evga hydro copper classified gpu is apparently as good as a normal waterblock). I think everything would work fine, but I haven't actually built a watercooled system yet.

I also opted 4 X 120 mounting holes on the bottom of the case because I thought about water cooling in future build. Yeah, I'm with you about drilling in the case. I know cases from caselabs are mod friendly, but I really don't want to damage it. I will purchase a mounting plate from caselabs (120 single, right? or 2X120mm?). One question though. Did you drill the hole in the mounting plate yourself or does it come with pre drilled? And also, did you use anything to secure the tube sitting on top of the pump? Will it be stable enough with water filled in?

3d533616_HQNis.jpeg

I will do like this. Assuming I mount res and pump like you did in your build, how many angle fittings do you think I need to purchase? What are they? Please be specific if you can. Thanks :D!!!

I had to drill the mounting plate myself. It's solid even filled with water, however I opted for rollers (opposed to rubber feet) so moving the case is a breeze.

I needed a 2x120 plate because I wanted to center the pump/res exactly between the ends of my video cards and the front res/fans. A 1x120 works but you have less wiggle room.

Fittings are bitfenix compression black sparkle. If you can't tell I picked the less common thinner tubing and used anti-kink coils for looks.

Amount of angle fittings would require a loop mockup. Use mspaint to draw in what you'd like for a loop and I'm sure someone will get back to you.

Radiator:

Fans:

Tubing:

Fittings:

CPU Block:

Koolance CPU-380i

GPU Block:

Corsair fans may have the looks but not the quiet operation; but as long as you control them (speed them down) it shouldn't be a problem. Usually it's easier to control 3 pin fans on a big loop, basically you just set them to a lesser voltage with a controller and forget about them. But if you want accurate control, you can always get the PWM versions. Push pull is not needed (in fact it will give you a lot of work with wires), but if you aim for extreme I can't stop you :) .

The Primochill bloodshed red it's a bit more vibrant than the red on the ROG motherboards, but it won't stand out much.

You can pick your fitting color, but my favourite from Bitspower are the Black Sparkle fittings.

I haven't met personally that reservoir, it seems to be a bit bigger than most out there, but it should fit the ST10. If it ends up being to cramped you can always do only push on the front rad.