Do you think AMD will make a big comeback any time soon

To compete with Intel; AMd has to either beg game developers to use more threads or use an entirely new design.

Neither seem like a great idea for them right now.

As you can see with Pentium G3258; intel release a low-end cpu with unlocked multiplier = instantly destroyed low-budget gaming AMD cpu.

If Intel releases a K version of i3 or something(not that they would; because it would kill its own i5 non-k series), AMD is dead.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

NO

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I say it all depends on how fast they can roll out full HSA chips...

Intel appears to be obsessed with low-TDP applications and mobile devices right now (from what I can see with their ad campaign on Atom-based tablets and phones)... Skylake seems to be aimed at the mobile market and there's also their NUCs...

As for HSA I think it's still incomplete, hence my first statement... Their Skybridge also looks promising but I don't know how Google will react to that after seeing them slam that Windows+Android convertible by Asus (Correct me if I'm wrong here)...

I'm running a pure AMD build right now and I find it good enough for my needs (considering my measly budget, I can't even afford the cheapest quad core intel solution)...

depends what keller comes up with. amd don't have the funds or enough design talent / process nodes really.

I'm more of an AMD gpu person though, generally at my price point (£175-200) AMD have a more attractive card to me.

I think AMD think that they don't need to release anything ATM. The 8350 still does the job and the 9 series is there for those who really want more, native USB 3 support would be nice but I don't have a single device that requires it and on top of that, AMD have spread themselves out with making APUs, GPUs and CPUs and seem to be pushing boundaries with APUs at the moment.

Probably not, even though I would really like them to. They seem content to just release the same chips again, and again, and again....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I really want AMD to be able to compete on the level of Intel again.  A successful comeback would take years of challenges, though.  It would be terrible if they were bought out by Intel.  No matter how much you are a fanboy of Intel, there is no arguing that if they have no competition, their products are going to suck and will be outrageously overpriced.  

IMO AMD is doing better in the GPU market than NVIDIA, so at least they have that going for them.

They still don't have nearly the market share that Nvidia does, but I agree, their cards are much better for the price currently.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

you shouldnt "love" either amd or nvidia or intel, they are just companies looking for money. Some people will say to you bla bla AMD always looks for their customers. Thats bullshit, just look at what they did with the 9590... 850$ launch price... knowing its just a good 8350...

And the same applies for intel, locking low end cpus to make K series look like a good value.

Fanboyism is not good for anyone, just buy whatever fits you, whatever is best for your hard earned money

For the sake of healthy competition, I sincerely hope so. Nobody in their right minds wants a monopoly.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Anytime soon, No.

Future, Maybe.

They will always be behind NVIDIA and/or Intel. My OPINION.

lol whut? AMD allways behind on Nvidia?

You are kidding right? lol

Anyway 2016 probably, AMD will launch a new FX line cpu´s on AM4.

As compatitor to unlocked Skylake. Could be promissing.

:)

I really want to see AMD be competitive with Intel, but I just don't see it happening any time soon. 

lol whut? AMD allways behind on Nvidia?

You are kidding right? lol

Well, not performance wise. More so, technology in my opinion.

I don't hate AMD, I'm currently using a R9 290 with a i7. 

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Well, not performance wise. More so, technology in my opinion.

I don't hate AMD, I'm currently using a R9 290 with a i7. 

my opinnion in terms of GPU´s they are very equal.

But basicly both AMD and Nvidia have theire pro´s and con´s.

The only thing i personaly not like on Nvidia cards, are the price points.

And the way Nvidia is keeping some of theire futures close source

In the end its just about which card which suits you the best pesonaly :)

Maybe in the future; Near or Distant that's too speculatory

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Probably not, even though I would really like them to. They seem content to just release the same chips again, and again, and again....

Well when you look at Intel they seem to be doing the same and adding a few features and upping the clock speed so your no better off with either. Intel seem to be going with "let's keep the money coming and release another CPU with another chipset" where as AMD are more of a "People are still buy our product and we don't need to release anything, so we won't"

I think they're focusing on recovering. Hopefully 2016 brings us something new and impressive.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

AMD had declared, back in 2012, that they wouldn't be competing with Intel for a while; until 2015/16.

So they may actually have something coming for around the end of next year :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD