EVGA Hydro copper 780 announced

http://www.evga.com/articles/00747/#3789

03G-P4-2789-KR_XL_1.jpg

I really want to get one asap!!!

Does anyone have knowledge on how long it usually takes for them to be found/purchasable in Australia? Do PCCG ever stock Hydro copper cards?

And the only difference I can see with the classified edition is the block is an extra inch taller. Does that just = more thermal tranfer area or are there any other benefits to the Classified card?

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

I'd be careful if you plan on picking one up later since EVGA will most likely stop making it not that long after release. 

I thought Nvidia is still locking down the voltage to all their cards now? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of the Classified cards?

I'd be careful if you plan on picking one up later since EVGA will most likely stop making it not that long after release.

Why?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I thought Nvidia is still locking down the voltage to all their cards now? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of the Classified cards?

Not with the 780 and the Titan....

Why?

Because they did it with the 600 series. People were mad because you couldn't buy one anymore and they already had one. So they had to have mix matched waterblocks or replace the classified black altogether. Who knows if they will do the same with the 780 but I wouldn't be surprised if the did. 

The classified cards typically allow more overclocking, if that is not a concern then don't worry about it.

PCCG do occasionally have hydro coppers, but they're expensive as hell.

I'd probably recommend ordering from Amazon or something, it's likely to save you a couple hundred bucks. High end GPUs are one of the parts Aussies still get raped on.

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Hmm http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_overclock_guide,1.html

Seems like they are still not unlocking the voltage entirely on the Titan. 

The Titan's stock voltage is at 1.162v. NVIDIA has unlocked voltage, raising the max possible voltage to 1.25v. The reasons they only enable up to that amount are from their testing, any higher would severely cut down the lifespan of the GPU and has a very high chance of frying it, increasing RMA rates for them, which they want to avoid. There's also the limited amount of power phases/VRM's that the card comes with and there is not be enough of them to be able to supply stable power if increased any further.

You can always up the voltage beyond what a GPU maker will allow, just start learning to solder and don't expect warranties to be honoured. B)

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

You can always up the voltage beyond what a GPU maker will allow, just start learning to solder and don't expect warranties to be honoured. B)

You want to solder components on/off on a graphics card? D:

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

You want to solder components on/off on a graphics card? D:

Damn straight! xD

It gets done regularly(ish) by some overclockers, not much point going to LN2 if the thing is voltage limited. I've also seen guys do it to laptop GPUs to get around silly restrictions from companies worried about their systems bursting into flames, or some such nonsense. ;)

Certainly not something for the main stream user :P

Considering the price point these hydro copper cards come in at, why not just by the cheapest reference 780 possible and stick a better looking block on?

& don't say warranty! if you can take an air cooler off you can put it back on ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Definately not going near it with a soldering iron!

I think the Hydro coppers look better than any other water blocks thats why im so interested, plus theyre sorta a symbol of eliteness. lol

Im am considering gettin a reference tho & waterblocking it later, ultimately depends on the hydro coppers cost and how long I'd have to wait

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w

Ok change of plan, im getting a reference with THIS block:

KOMODO-NV-GTX780-thumb.jpg

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=416&products_id=23685&zenid=851e5ef17a96963d998cddc9e30e9b6a

Just listed on PCCG in the last few hours! lol

Preety Sure its the EXACT same block just without the EVGA branding

Aussie FTW!

Ok change of plan, im getting a reference with THIS block:

KOMODO-NV-GTX780-thumb.jpg

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=416&products_id=23685&zenid=851e5ef17a96963d998cddc9e30e9b6a

Just listed on PCCG in the last few hours! lol

Preety Sure its the EXACT same block just without the EVGA branding

Looks really nice I might buy one for my 780 thanks for sharing :d

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

+1 thanks mate, I just ordered two. :D

Looks really nice I might buy one for my 780 thanks for sharing :D

+1 thanks mate, I just ordered two. :D

HAHA NICE! Seeing as the ETA isnt till atleast the end of June i think ill preorder one this week, I should have finished enough of my desk modding and have haswell to get a loop up n running around then! So excited!!! Will pawn my 6850 n FX-6100 off to my little bro =P

Aussie FTW!

hey the swiftech block is out i have one here tomorrow just call and ask they dont have a retail box yet but u can get it i post pics tomorrow. i have 2 comeing for my 780s.  also evga block is a swiftech blcok with evga logo that all .

I hate how nvidia put the extra dvi port on the top of the card's IO plate thing. I absolutely loved how we could turn a gtx 580 into a single slot card. but back on topic, it looks awesome. too bad evga only manafactures them in super limited runs.

If you want a full cover block (legitimate fc block), go with the EK XXL block for the Titan... I think they're coming out with a 780 version, too...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I think the xspc razor looks a lot better. Also, from benchmarks, has by far the highest cooling.

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate