Toshiba just released a $120 Windows 8.1 tablet

TopWargamer

Yeah, they actually have 8 core atoms as well.

Waat? Must be some low-power octa-core processors, I presume? Like a low-powered alternative for Xeons?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

God this makes me want one so compelling i really want a tablet but other things to spend money on :( 

It's always including the bezels. Do you not know how your monitor or TV is measured? It's the diagonal plus the bezel.

LOL wat.

Will it run Watch_Dogs?

Sure it will run it in a beautiful slide show :) basically you email your pc every day and tell it which fame to render next

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Will it run Watch_Dogs?

JK

I don't think Watch dogs will replace Crysis as the standard for being able to run everything...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I don't think Watch dogs will replace Crysis as the standard for being able to run everything...

Crysis 3 maybe, but Crysis 1 is really easy to run these days

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Crysis 3 maybe, but Crysis 1 is really easy to run these days

Yeah, I meant the series, though. Should've been more specific. Latest installment of the series that is...

Crysis 1 can run on a potato... (If that a case, my tablet is much worse than a potato)

full version of windows is awesome,  taking three days to open an email client , not so awesome.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yeah, I meant the series, though. Should've been more specific. Latest installment of the series that is...

Crysis 1 can run on a potato... (If that a case, my tablet is much worse than a potato)

Here is a bay trail atom on the asus t100 running it...not 100% but the fact it can even get 25fps is pretty impressive :P

Here is a bay trail atom on the asus t100 running it...not 100% but the fact it can even get 25fps is pretty impressive :P

[snip]

Not quite sure what my tablet's Atom processor is exactly (Z2760? Dual core 1,8GHz and apparently Sandy Bridge based), but one thing is for sure: this tablet won't run CSS at absolute lowest settings at DirectX 8 -mode, and doesn't run Minecraft either. Both games' framerates hover around 10 - 15 fps. Pretty much all this runs are CS 1.6, and some emulators (SNES emulators for sure, I've tested that)

Not quite sure what my tablet's Atom processor is exactly (Z2760? Dual core 1,8GHz and apparently Sandy Bridge based), but one thing is for sure: this tablet won't run CSS at absolute lowest settings at DirectX 8 -mode, and doesn't run Minecraft either. Both games' framerates hover around 10 - 15 fps. Pretty much all this runs are CS 1.6, and some emulators (SNES emulators for sure, I've tested that)

Some of the older atoms were a bit pants but the new bay trail ones are quite capable little things

cool

devs could use the SD card to dual boot android

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I can see the person holding it has small hands, but other than that we don't know the scale of the picture. You can't at all derive if the visible screen is bigger or smaller than an S4. And again, super thick bezels. It looks larger than the hand but it isn't by much and the hand is too curled to get a full scale of it, but the finger width ratios and the ratio of the thumb to hand and hand to wrist suggest this person has VERY small hands.

I know for a fact my Asus and Viewsonic monitors back home all include the bezel in their screen size calculation, and so does the Toshiba widescreen TV down in our living room. It's rated 55" but it's only 53 on the actual visible screen diagonal.

TV's and monitors are placed in classes. It's 55" class, which means that it's close to that size. This doesn't apply to phones or tablets. I'm sure that you have a phone or tablet, so why don't you just try measuring that instead of embarrassing yourself?

TV's and monitors are placed in classes. It's 55" class, which means that it's close to that size. This doesn't apply to phones or tablets. I'm sure that you have a phone or tablet, so why don't you just try measuring that instead of embarrassing yourself?

I have. My Iphone 5's screen is not 4" long. I've measured that myself several times. It's 4" on the diagonal.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

not bad but toshiba is know for filling its hardware with a bunch of bloatware, wouldn't be surprised if this thing runs twice as fast with a clean OS reinstall

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I have. My Iphone 5's screen is not 4" long. I've measured that myself several times. It's 4" on the diagonal.

... The diagonal is how screens are measured, you dingus! The diagonal of the screen! Seriously......... what?

... The diagonal is how screens are measured, you dingus! The diagonal of the screen! Seriously......... what?

You

What are you talking about? When companies go to measure screen size, it's always by the actual length of the screen, not including bezels...

said screen length several posts ago. Length is an X-Y dimension, not the diagonal... I blame other posters for bad communication.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

100% would not buy or even recommend, for anyone.

It's cheap, not properly thought through devices that gives Windows it's name for slowness etc.

If someone wants a decent computer nowadays and are too poor, they can always get a grant off the government for one, so it isn't too bad.

BTW, the government give you decent ones, they are those pre-built gigabyte ones generally with i3s in them

Compatible with Windows 95

You said screen length several posts ago. Length is an X-Y dimension, not the diagonal... I blame you for poor communication.

That wasn't me, and either way, you're still wrong about the bezels.

Being a student, I can definitely see myself picking this up to replace my 5 year old laptop. I mean, it has everything I want- Office, good battery life, and a USB drive for flashdrives, printers, and VGA adaptors for school use. Being cheap is really on the plus side here, since I can get actual work done with it. As for typing on the touchscreen, I will be skipping that and getting they keyboard, but I am really happy with this launch :) (minus the 1GB RAM; I need atleast 2 :( )

That wasn't me, and either way, you're still wrong about the bezels.

Sorry, I editted the post after I went back.

And no, I'm not. Including the bezels on the 22"-rated hp I'm sitting in front of right now is the only way it gets to 22". Same with the Dell on my friend's desk. 

Being a student, I can definitely see myself picking this up to replace my 5 year old laptop. I mean, it has everything I want- Office, good battery life, and a USB drive for flashdrives, printers, and VGA adaptors for school use. Being cheap is really on the plus side here, since I can get actual work done with it. As for typing on the touchscreen, I will be skipping that and getting they keyboard, but I am really happy with this launch :) (minus the 1GB RAM; I need atleast 2 :( )

I can't wait for VGA to die. Analog video output just needs to go. It's shit. DVI is too large a port too. We only need HDMI and DisplayPort derivatives at this point. Everyone else can go to Hell.

Sorry, I editted the post after I went back.

And no, I'm not. Including the bezels on the 22"-rated hp I'm sitting in front of right now is the only way it gets to 22". Same with the Dell on my friend's desk. 

Dude, I just explained this. It's different for phones and tablets compared to TVs and monitors, which you proved when you measured your own damn phone...

Dude, I just explained this. It's different for phones and tablets compared to TVs and monitors, which you proved when you measured your own damn phone...

The iPhone barely has bezels in the first place, and I just double-checked. With them included it's about 4.07" along the diagonal from the edge of the phone to the other edge going straight through the corners of the visible screen. The visible screen falls short at 3.91"