Best Thermal Paste?

mcmad358
Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

It is a simple question. What is the best thermal paste for the lowest possible temps? Price doesnt matter

01-Water-Cooling-High-Pressure.png

-Source

I bought the Gelid GC-Extreme because I was scared of the conductive and long cure time of the CooLaboratory stuff.  I'm very pleased with the results of the Gelid GC Extreme.  It dropped temperatures on my CPU by 3C from the Stock Cooler Master Thermal Paste that comes with their coolers, and it dropped my GPU by a whopping 5C, but I think that is mainly because of the bad TIM job applied at the factory.  Either way, super happy with the results, and I personally prefer to spread the paste myself, so having that spatula really helps.  It is very sticky and somewhat difficult to work with if you don't warm it up first.  I highly recommend that you place the syringe in a plastic bag and boil that bag in hot water for 5+ minutes.

IC Diamond 7 is not on the list, but I would imagine it by near the top.

It is a simple question. What is the best thermal paste for the lowest possible temps? Price doesnt matter

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

MX4, NH-T1, IC diamond

i prefer MX-4

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't really think there's a "best" one since they all pretty much do their job for the most part. Since I have like 4 tubes of Noctua paste and it does the job for me, I'll suggest the Noctua paste. :P

I love my arctic MX-4

Stupid @Enderman for ninja'ing the idea.

jk I love you please don't hurt me

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I love my arctic MX-4

Stupid @Enderman for ninja'ing the idea.

jk I love you please don't hurt me

MX-4 is some of the best stuff :)

idk why people think AS5 is still any good...it is behind all the top thermal pastes in terms of performance.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Which ever thermal paste comes with the cooler. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yikes! So many choices! I might have to try the MX-4 first

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Which ever thermal paste comes with the cooler. 

Umm no thanks! I am just looking for the lowest temps

Current 

Umm no thanks! I am just looking for the lowest temps

They're within a few degrees of eachother; certainly not worth spending extra money on thermal paste if the cooler comes with some.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

They're within a few degrees of eachother; certainly not worth spending extra money on thermal paste if the cooler comes with some.

I want something to last a while after the stock starts wearing

Current 

01-Water-Cooling-High-Pressure.png

-Source

I bought the Gelid GC-Extreme because I was scared of the conductive and long cure time of the CooLaboratory stuff.  I'm very pleased with the results of the Gelid GC Extreme.  It dropped temperatures on my CPU by 3C from the Stock Cooler Master Thermal Paste that comes with their coolers, and it dropped my GPU by a whopping 5C, but I think that is mainly because of the bad TIM job applied at the factory.  Either way, super happy with the results, and I personally prefer to spread the paste myself, so having that spatula really helps.  It is very sticky and somewhat difficult to work with if you don't warm it up first.  I highly recommend that you place the syringe in a plastic bag and boil that bag in hot water for 5+ minutes.

IC Diamond 7 is not on the list, but I would imagine it by near the top.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

There is also Indigo Extreme which I believe just beats out the Liquid Ultra.