How do i get Star Citizen?

TheMikeyG

I know this is going to sound stupid and there is a really easy awnser, but how do i buy star citizen? 

Thanks

Right now, you don't. Well, you can buy ships and get early access, but it's not advisable at this point. Better to wait until full release.

Make an account, go to store -> pledge and browse through ships. The Aurora starter pack with Arena Commander pass is a good starter ship.

Oh, and apply to the UOLTTC of course. ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Right now, you don't. Well, you can buy ships and get early access, but it's not advisable at this point. Better to wait until full release.

Why exactly do you advise to wait? Just curious. 

@OP 

You can pledge for a ship and a game copy at THIS page.

Right now you can't "buy" the game. You buy what RSI calls a pledge. This pledge guarantees you access to the game when it is officially released, and all but the very first tier grant you access to beta modules when they are released for public testing. 

I am whatever I am. 

Why exactly do you advise to wait? Just curious.

@OP

You can pledge for a ship and a game copy at THIS page.

Thanks for adding a link. :)

The game isn't out.  Watch it never come out. LOL

That would be the biggest story ever in video gaming history possibly.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If the game never came out, there would be a large heavily armed mob of LTT Conglomerates looking for blood. 

I am whatever I am. 

Thanks for adding a link. :)

You're very welcome. 

They are about to release version .9. The game is projected to release next year. This means that next year will likely enter beta.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

The opinion to wait depends greatly on the person involved, If you like testing a game and don't mind the odd bugs or you like to be on the cutting edge of a program then pledge now, you will get the added benefit of the pledge goal rewards as more people pledge too, I mean only a few days ago all the current pledgers got jetpacks (I think?) but we did get combat armour a while ago so that's pretty cool. They are releasing parts of the game as modules so that we can get a taste for the game but these are in an alpha state so a few bugs and things will change.

If you don't like any of that then wait until the release but be prepared to possibly pay a bit more than you would now. Either way there is not going to be much difference on the final game so it really is the persons choice.

By the sheer fact that there is the Arena Commander module out and the huge amount of people waiting for this as well as the media coverage there would be a huge shit storm should it not be released. That said I do believe that a hell of a lot of people will be disappointed as there is a huge chance that the end game will not live up to the hype, I hope it does but....

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

The opinion to wait depends greatly on the person involved, If you like testing a game and don't mind the odd bugs or you like to be on the cutting edge of a program then pledge now, you will get the added benefit of the pledge goal rewards as more people pledge too, I mean only a few days ago all the current pledgers got jetpacks (I think?) but we did get combat armour a while ago so that's pretty cool. They are releasing parts of the game as modules so that we can get a taste for the game but these are in an alpha state so a few bugs and things will change.

What is the cheapest one you recommend purchasing?

The choice is dependent on two things really - what do you want to do in the game and how much money you are willing to spend. The basic ships like aurora or mustang will be great if you want to try different things like fighting, transportation or mining because they can do a little of everything. If you're into a specific tasks then you might want to choose a ship that's designed for that particular thing.

What's your play style and expectations?

The choice is dependent on two things really - what do you want to do in the game and how much money you are willing to spend. The basic ships like aurora or mustang will be great if you want to try different things like fighting, transportation or mining because they can do a little of everything. If you're into a specific tasks then you might want to choose a ship that's designed for that particular thing.

Exactly this ^ and you can never go wrong with an Aurora to begin with especially when you factor in the variants for it. its I think about $45 so its not too big of an outlay should the game not turn out to your liking. I cant say go for a constellation even if they are bloody awesome! they are a price.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

The thing about games getting too hyped up etc... That always happens guys, every big game there's a lot of hype, so much hype that the end product ends up being underwhelming. So this is nothing new, I fully expect that at release a lot o people will leave within the first month because of the game not meeting their expectations. And that happens with every game, after some time the people who are left are the people who truly enjoy the game and who are dedicated to it.

And you know, yeah paying now may be stupid, you are probably wasting your money, chances are the game will suck, but I'm not only doing this for the end product, the journey to that is what's fun for me, maybe even more fun than the game itself. I get to be a part of this great community get to make friends and if the game does turn out to be really good... Well I just saves myself 20 bucks off the retail price and I'm getting some perks out of it. If it doesn't work out? Well at least I had fun on the way.

So is getting the game now worth it for you? That's very subjective. Is it worth it for me? Asolutely! :)

Edit: Removed wall of text ;) ...or well at least I made it readable, still a wall of text xD

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

With bills

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

Not exactly sure what I wanna do in it tbh... what is the difference between the aurora and mustang?

Not exactly sure what I wanna do in it tbh... what is the difference between the aurora and mustang?

They are both classified as starter ships, whereas the Aurora is more of a jack-of-all-trades in small. With the variants you can fight, explore and haul. The Mustang, while not available yet, is more focused towards dogfighting. It will have better guns but lesser armour, it can be seen as a glass cannon and there will be no cargo space (but they were talking of developing a rail system on which the Aurora cargo containers could be mounted).

The choice is yours, what would you like to do in the 'Verse?

They are both classified as starter ships, whereas the Aurora is more of a jack-of-all-trades in small. With the variants you can fight, explore and haul. The Mustang, while not available yet, is more focused towards dogfighting. It will have better guns but lesser armour, it can be seen as a glass cannon and there will be no cargo space (but they were talking of developing a rail system on which the Aurora cargo containers could be mounted).

The choice is yours, what would you like to do in the 'Verse?

And no missiles, its a Gunship.

So if you're not sure what you're going to do in the game, I suggest going with one of the Aurora variants. You can always upgrade in the game or spend some additional cash and pledge for a higher tier ship later on. 

They are entry level for the following tasks:

Aurora: Light cargo hopping, limited militia work, smuggling, freelancing, basic exploring

Mustang: Patrol level militia work, intercepting, racing, information running

Avenger: Mixture of both with focus on long range combat, bounty hunting, protection and extra cargo

300i: Mixture of both with focus on medium range combat, and power/ fuel efficiency

If you want to get into cargo hauling, ferrying etc. then the cheapest most entry level ship is the Freelancer.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That Norwegian Guy, on 05 Sept 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

They are entry level for the following tasks:

Aurora: Light cargo hopping, limited militia work, smuggling, freelancing, basic exploring

Mustang: Patrol level militia work, intercepting, racing, information running

Avenger: Mixture of both with focus on long range combat, bounty hunting, protection and extra cargo

300i: Mixture of both with focus on medium range combat, and power/ fuel efficiency

If you want to get into cargo hauling, ferrying etc. then the cheapest most entry level ship is the Freelancer.

I think the Aurora might be what I'm after

Should I wait for the LX or get this package? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-LN

I think the Aurora might be what I'm after

Should I wait for the LX or get this package? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-LN

Get the MR, and if you want you can upgrade it to LN or LX later....or another ship.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Arena-Commander-Starter

But if you have no interest to play the Arena commander then go with your package you linked.

But if you want the arena commander AND LN

Buy https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Arena-Commander-Starter

Then this https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/RSI-Aurora-LN-Upgrade