ps3 and xbox 360 emulators

Hello,

I am looking for good emulators for the ps3 and xbox 360, but am having trouble finding good, working ones with the bios.

Thanks

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

Most of them are viruses. And the only way to obtain games for the emus are illegally through torrents

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Hello,

I am looking for good emulators for the ps3 and xbox 360, but am having trouble finding good, working ones with the bios.

Thanks

I'm not sure how much you know about emulation, but just in case you're relatively new - You're not going to be playing many (if any) commercial games any time soon, if so then they'll be homebrew games running at very low frame rates.

However, if you already know all of this, then here's the latest and greatest revision of the PS3 emulator, and here's the one for Xbox 360. You're not going to get much better than those for right now.

Most of them are viruses. And the only way to obtain games for the emus are illegally through torrents

I've yet to see one with a virus. Downloading them is illegal, but you're not going to get caught, and besides, that's not the only way people play through an emulator. You can make an ISO with a disc. :)

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

there are none, the architecture is complicated to emulate on x86 and the ones you find online are fake and loaded with viruses or malware. 

i just want to address the comments about using emulaters being illegal.

emulaters are not illegal nor are running the games on them as long as you do 2 things.

1) use your own consoles bios to use the emulator

2) you can rip your own disc to play in your emulator or you can download the rom legally as long as you own the disc.

but i also probable depends on where you live

as far as last gen console emulators i only know of one but it for homebrewed games and its not really worth it at this time. and if i did know of a good one i would not share it here even tho this is a tech forum. i have not read the t&c & the ua and 90% of forums don't like info like this discussed.

I want to address a few things on this thread, I have no idea why there is so much misinformation here, but:

1. Yes, there ARE legitimate PS3 and Xbox 360 emulators, they haven't progressed enough to make it a viable option on a consumer level considering (ps3 anyway) can only run homebrew applications and very few commercial games... and very slowly (Less than 10 FPS on average, or only 1-5% regular speed), but there are legitimate emulators in the works.

2. The legality of emulation is somewhat of a grey area, but emulators themselves are NOT illegal. It's debatable as to whether using the BIOS is illegal, but the ISO/ROM (Depending on the source) is also NOT illegal. Besides, no one actually cracks down on emulation considering it's practically impossible, and mostly useless.

3. Downloading is NOT the only option to obatin an ISO or ROM file for your emulator. You can rip your own disc as I (and one other) have mentioned in this very thread.

Summary: If you are a developer, or someone who's interested in programming, emulators can serve a valuable purpose. If you're a consumer who just wants to play games, then (for now) xbox 360 and PS3 emulation are not viable options. 

Here's one of many examples of a PS3 emulator working.

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

The most modern emulator that works well for me is for a PS2 and GT4.

My PS2 died, I had one game for it, liked the game enough to keep it for a later date and not get rid of it.

Didn't want another PS2 to be bought (waste of money for 1 game) so I grabbed a PS2 EMU and can run it fullscreen @ the locked 60fps with ease. (Quadcore still recommended)

But never tried looking for PS3/XB360 due to never hearing any updates or anything, if it was a working commercial emulator we'd all know about it already as most of us are keen to have a squiz/look at it in action out of curiosity.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I don't think there are any PS3 and Xbox 360 emulators out there. Those particular consoles have very different architecture and instruction sets compared to your conventional PC. If PS2 emulation (there's an excellent emulator, but I have never been able to get it working with what hardware I have, called PCSX2) requires powerful hardware to work, then emulation of the PS3 and Xbox 360 will require even better hardware to be emulated.

With most games I play on my laptop (its specs are in my signature) I can play them on medium to high settings with playable to good framerate (27-40 for all games, even higher for some older ones). However, PCSX2 is very, very slow on this laptop when playing pretty much any PS2 game, with the exception of Scooby Doo! Night of 100 Frights. PCSX2 is very dependant on your processor and my measly little AMD APU can't handle it. A nice and new quad core i5 or i7 processor with a clock speed of at least 3.5GHz coupled with a good GPU, or an 8 core AMD FX processor with a good GPU should be able to handle it just fine. It just goes to show how powerful your hardware has to be to emulate a PS2 game. When you read about it on the internet, emulation of completely different CPU architecture and instruction set is quite difficult. Development PCSX2 was initially started in 2001, but only started to work in about 2005-2006. Emulating PowerPC Macintosh software on Intel Macintoshes, for example, even though it did have some problems, was generally alright, because the PowerPC architecture and instruction sets were at least somewhat similar to that of x86, and the PowerPC architecture was very well known with many software publishers and developers and many people who wanted to continue using PowerPC software on Intel Macs. In other words, PowerPC emulation had a lot of support, while Playstation 2 emulation has very little support. Xbox 360 and PS3 emulation have next to no support, if any at all. (By that I mean software developers or publishers, or lots of people who want it will contribute to support. The more people who want it and the more people who can do it, the better.)

The more different an architecture is from the architecture being emulated the more difficult and more demanding on the hardware it will be. The Xbox 360 and PS3 will be much harder than the PS2 to emulate because their hardware is much more powerful and are both capable of so much more than the PS2, but their architectures are still quite different from the x86/x64 architecture of modern day PCs. I don't think we'll be seeing any good Xbox 360 or PS3 emulators for a while.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

If you downloaded any ps3 or xbox 360 emulator, i would wipe your system and do a clean install of windows. Those emulators do not exist.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

If you downloaded any ps3 or xbox 360 emulator, i would wipe your system and do a clean install of windows. Those emulators do not exist.

I don't think there are any PS3 and Xbox 360 emulators out there. 

They're definitely out there, but they're nowhere near playable even with homebrew applications. This is one example that's legit. 

They're definitely out there, but they're nowhere near playable even with homebrew applications. This is one example that's legit. 

3 fps? ouch.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

3 fps? ouch.

Yeah, and that's with good hardware. It's definitely not something that consumers will be using in the near future, but some progress is better than none at all. 

They're definitely out there, but they're nowhere near playable even with homebrew applications.

is one example that's legit.

I stand corrected about there not being any actual emulators for these systems. It's just very hard to find any then.

But yeah, I read a couple other posts and that just proves my hunch correct. We won't see any good Xbox 360 or PS3 emulation for a while.

I stand corrected about there not being any actual emulators for these systems. It's just very hard to find any then.

But yeah, I read a couple other posts and that just proves my hunch correct. We won't see any good Xbox 360 or PS3 emulation for a while.

Yeah, I definitely have to agree with you there. Still, small improvement is better than none. :D

Yeah, I definitely have to agree with you there. Still, small improvement is better than none. :D

I think its progression will work in the same way that PCSX2's progression did. It took the PCSX2 team something like 4 or 5 years to actually get some games running, and that wasn't with the best performance either. It could take the same time for this new emulator, or it could take longer. Can't say for sure right now.

The most modern emulator that works well for me is for a PS2 and GT4.

My PS2 died, I had one game for it, liked the game enough to keep it for a later date and not get rid of it.

Didn't want another PS2 to be bought (waste of money for 1 game) so I grabbed a PS2 EMU and can run it fullscreen @ the locked 60fps with ease. (Quadcore still recommended)

But never tried looking for PS3/XB360 due to never hearing any updates or anything, if it was a working commercial emulator we'd all know about it already as most of us are keen to have a squiz/look at it in action out of curiosity.

I'm gonna use ma Pentium brah, I'm a rebel

omg I'm so sick of hearing this all the time  -_- Legit ones do exist

The question asked if there were any that actually worked well, not if they were legit. Can you link me one that works properly with a good number of games?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The question asked if there were any that actually worked well, not if they were legit. Can you link me one that works properly with a good number of games?

Lol someone didn't read the whole thread, clearly...

Lol someone didn't read the whole thread, clearly...

What do you mean? I did read it... and people confirmed that if you're hoping to play games on it you're out of luck.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What do you mean? I did read it... and people confirmed that if you're hoping to play games on it you're out of luck.

The fourth post in this thread kind of sums it up well enough, linked to two of them and said what experience they offer. I don't see what's more to add.

The fourth post in this thread kind of sums it up well enough, linked to two of them and said what experience they offer. I don't see what's more to add.

I was asking the other guy to link me one that actually plays games well to prove him wrong because I knew he couldn't. The ones in the 4th post are in the experimental phase and hardly play anything at all, using them for "proper" gaming is impossible.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*