Iphone 6 gets a tear down before launch

dizmo

Really, at my school everyone is highlighting the crack i the iPhones because everyone has them

this really is something I fail to understand, how so many people manage to damage the screens of phones so easily, yet myself and my dad have never done so, even with phones like the iPhone 4S with two glass sections on it.

to do with the iphone 6, I quite like the idea of a larger screen, a 4" screen is a good size, I quite like it on my phone, but I would certainly prefer it to be a bit bigger, although the smaller screen size iphone is the one I would go for if they definitely do release two screen sizes. The rounded edges certainly give it an interesting look, however I do prefer the squared off design of the iphone 4 and 5, just through personal preference. the bulging camera appears to only make sense if you have a case, otherwise no doubt some people within a day or two will have managed to break it off.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

the more i look at it the more im tempted to get a g3  its just meh

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

No, you're speaking for everyone by saying it's not going to be comfortable to hold. You're missing a "personally" after it.

You just can't resist a single chance to call me a fanboy. You're using that term to reduce me and make it so my voice is invalid, it's essentially an ad hominem.

By the way, how old are you? 15? You sound pretty young.

Jesus. I hate when people use ad hominem and call it a reasonable argument.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Jesus. I hate when people use ad hominem and call it a reasonable argument.

Where did I use ad hominem? And where did I claim ad hominem was a reasonable argument?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Where did I use ad hominem? And where did I claim ad hominem was a reasonable argument?

I was taking your side.....

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Ah ok. ;) Sorry.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Ah ok. ;) Sorry.

Its all good xD I find it funny when someone insults you and calls it a well developed argument

Its all good xD I find it funny when someone insults you and calls it a well developed argument

It's typical. You've just gotta learn to move on.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's typical. You've just gotta learn to move on.

Yea I know. I learned that from one of my philosophy classes

Im not a fan of the lens sticking out. I guess at least it has a metal lining, but i still think it will be a common issue. 

Interesting to see the power button moved to the side. Im sure everyone is used to having it at the top. The guy said the apple logo on the back is made of liquid metal... kind of a waste of money if ask me.

NFC - Its about time. Now hopefully we can get some movement on mobile payments.

Shape - not radical change, but it doesnt need to be.

The only major disappointment is the lack of front facing speakers. Apple has that cross-licensing deal with HTC, and there is definitely enough bezel to support this in some form.

Now if only it ran android...

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

you're a fanboy!

you ad hominem!

you're 15!

you're 12!

:D

seriously...

dude, he was speaking for himself, we all do, unless we say we don't. it'd be silly if you have to start every sentence with IMO all the time just to make people think it's just your oppinion, and while I do share your thoughts that apple products look and feel fantastic, no need to defend them heartly, really. his oppinion won't hurt their sales or something. you both probably are 4 years old. Which is amazing, baby geniouses. Typing and all.

that said, I admire apple's products, always did. well, at least how they feel and look. I doubt the iphone 6 will be bad. naturally everyone has preferences about any device, depending on your hand size, style, etc.

I never personally had an apple product because I don't like their closed ecosystems. However I must say I'm rather impressed with the look of it for now.

No, you're speaking for everyone by saying it's not going to be comfortable to hold. You're missing a "personally" after it.

You just can't resist a single chance to call me a fanboy. You're using that term to reduce me and make it so my voice is invalid, it's essentially an ad hominem.

By the way, how old are you? 15? You sound pretty young.

Age has nothing to do with the level of ones intelligence.

Funny, I don't think many people would have assumed that he was speaking for everyone. But OMG a chance to jump down someones throat for disliking Apple! Shame on them!

He called you a fanboy, but honestly, you fit the bill. You constantly over react to people making comments about Apple and take everything personally as if it's a shot at you, when most times it's not.

It's really not as fragile as everyone makes it out to be. I dropped my 4S dozens of times without a case and didn't so much as crack it and I know plenty of people who also never broke their 4 or 4S. 

It all comes down to luck every time you drop it. 

I've dropped numerous phones. It all depends on the angle, nothing more. I've shattered a Blackberry screen dropping it 3 inches onto tile...yet I've had a phone slip out of my shirt pocket, and land screen down on the claw side of a hammer, then onto the floor and come out completely unscathed.

When you have glass on both sides though, shits bound to happen. Retarded design choice.

Really, at my school everyone is highlighting the crack i the iPhones because everyone has them

Almost every single friend I have that has an iphone of that generation has also cracked it.

the more i look at it the more im tempted to get a g3  its just meh

Do it. You won't regret it.

Just let it happen...

He always gets defensive and takes everything as a shot against him.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Age has nothing to do with the level of ones intelligence.

Funny, I don't think many people would have assumed that he was speaking for everyone. But OMG a chance to jump down someones throat for disliking Apple! Shame on them!

He called you a fanboy, but honestly, you fit the bill. You constantly over react to people making comments about Apple and take everything personally as if it's a shot at you, when most times it's not.

Like I said, I don't care about being called a fanboy. It's a word that has no true definition.

I never implied that age has anything to do with intelligence, however he (and you) are being extremely immature. If you wonder why I react strongly to people who insult me, it's because I put up with the anti-Apple BS around here constantly. I can't say that Apple is better at anything without getting flamed, but if someone asks if they should get an Apple device someone always replies with "LOL APPLE SUCKS DON'T BUY IT" or something to that affect and it gets 10 likes. 

As noted before, it comes back to a maturity thing. I understand that the average age of an LTT forum user is fairly young, and it's glaringly obvious given the culture this place cultivates.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Like I said, I don't care about being called a fanboy. It's a word that has no true definition.

I never implied that age has anything to do with intelligence, however he (and you) are being extremely immature. If you wonder why I react strongly to people who insult me, it's because I put up with the anti-Apple BS around here constantly. I can't say that Apple is better at anything without getting flamed, but if someone asks if they should get an Apple device someone always replies with "LOL APPLE SUCKS DON'T BUY IT" or something to that affect and it gets 10 likes. 

As noted before, it comes back to a maturity thing. I understand that the average age of an LTT forum user is fairly young, and it's glaringly obvious given the culture this place cultivates.

I don't even have to have a counter point. Your comment, when you consider the way act, is pretty much my counter point to your comment. You saying these words yet the way you act... It's hilarious.

Also the word "fanboy" HAS a definition:

"an obsessive male fan, especially of something technological or from popular culture"

"Apple fanboys lined up to buy the new phone."
The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Haha, actually the word fanboy has been around since 1919. So, yes, it's very much a word.

How am I being immature? Because I backed up someone who's opinion you don't agree with? Or because I said what I think of you?

If you didn't immediately assume people were out to get you, they might not say these things.

I've never said Apple sucks, and not to buy it. Do I like it? Nope. Do I tell others not to buy it? No again. I've suggested it to a few people, where I feel it makes sense.

This is largely a PC community, and as a result they're more likely to be suggested towards PC products.

Just look at a majority of the things Linus reviews. PC parts. Nothing to do with Apple.

Apple is good for some things. Simplicity of its OS, for example. But it comes at a cost of customization. Which, I along with many others here, thoroughly enjoy.

Yes, the comments like Apple sucks are frequent. They actually bother me, believe it or not. But the fact they get those likes says something; a lot of people here don't like Apple. Plain and simple.

And they're more than welcome to feel that way, and voice their opinions. That's what a forum is.

LTT is quite young and yes, it shows. If it bothers you perhaps there's another forum that's better suited to you. BGR is heavily Apple biased, for instance.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I reckon the 6 looks shit loads better than the others.   IMO it's Good to see apple rounding of the edges.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I just need a bigger phone. The iphone 4 was designed for inferior tiny handed humanoids. I have large hands. I need a large screen. 

Do it. You won't regret it.

Just let it happen...

are you trying to get me to buy a phone or seduce me?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

This looks a lot better than those leaks, that's for sure.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Haha, actually the word fanboy has been around since 1919. So, yes, it's very much a word.

How am I being immature? Because I backed up someone who's opinion you don't agree with? Or because I said what I think of you?

If you didn't immediately assume people were out to get you, they might not say these things.

I've never said Apple sucks, and not to buy it. Do I like it? Nope. Do I tell others not to buy it? No again. I've suggested it to a few people, where I feel it makes sense.

This is largely a PC community, and as a result they're more likely to be suggested towards PC products.

Just look at a majority of the things Linus reviews. PC parts. Nothing to do with Apple.

Apple is good for some things. Simplicity of its OS, for example. But it comes at a cost of customization. Which, I along with many others here, thoroughly enjoy.

Yes, the comments like Apple sucks are frequent. They actually bother me, believe it or not. But the fact they get those likes says something; a lot of people here don't like Apple. Plain and simple.

And they're more than welcome to feel that way, and voice their opinions. That's what a forum is.

LTT is quite young and yes, it shows. If it bothers you perhaps there's another forum that's better suited to you. BGR is heavily Apple biased, for instance.

he never said it wasn't a word.

Crazy how people get so worked up about someone else liking a product that they don't! Quite childish!

Anyway, I'm curious to see how Apple will continue to integrate iOS and OS X together. That feature where you can answer phone calls directly off your Mac is very interesting. And hopefully Apple upgrades the camera for the iPhone 6 rather than waiting till the 6S revision.

Crazy how people get so worked up about someone else liking a product that they don't! Quite childish!

Anyway, I'm curious to see how Apple will continue to integrate iOS and OS X together. That feature where you can answer phone calls directly off your Mac is very interesting. And hopefully Apple upgrades the camera for the iPhone 6 rather than waiting till the 6S revision.

I suggested 4s as the first smartphone for my mom, and she enjoys it.

I tinkered a bit with it, and yeah answering phone calls on mac would be great but a bit far fetched I'm afraid (data plans and so, prolly would work only in wifi zones), what would be better is if they could somehow make sms shareable across tablets/phones/macs imo.