Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma doesn't feature LED backlit headband

Hey guys,

Recently, I have been very interested in razer's neon and chroma lines of products due to my obsession with a black and orange themed build. However, I downloaded the razer kraken 7.1 chroma photos from their website and it appears that the razer text on the headband may not be backlit and indeed green! For me this would kill the whole point of the colour LEDs as the idea (at least in my opinion) is that we can match the headset with the rest of our build. At lest give us a plain headband! Anyways, this could just be an inaccuracy of these preproduction renders so I'd be interested in whether you guys think that they will have a headband with a green logo on or not. The image is below. (Note: I scaled the image down to 1080P so that it was small enough to upload)

-Billy

post-26192-0-09002400-1409602166_thumb.p

The headband is just green writing, but the razer logos on the side are LED's.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

It's a headband of course it's not going to be RGB...

There's always a first :P

The headband is just green writing, but the razer logos on the side are LED's.

OK Thanks for confirmation

Now you can get good headphones without feeling guilty ;)

Yeah, as soon as I find some black and orange ones that are in my price range (£100 or under)

There's always a first :P

OK Thanks for confirmation

Yeah, as soon as I find some black and orange ones that are in my price range (£100 or under)

It's a *head*phone; it goes on your head. You won't actually be able to see it most of the time.

LEDs in a headset headband raise your real life intelligence by 5.

Buy a headphone solely based on because it got LEDs, turns out sound like crap, lesson learned, intelligence +5....

Buy a headphone solely based on because it got LEDs, turns out sound like crap, lesson learned, intelligence +5....

One can only learn by doing it wrong at least once!

But, if money is not a problem, well then... yeah, I'd still not get any Razer-sound-related product, nevermind.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

But, if money is not a problem, well then... yeah, I'd still not get any Razer-sound-related product, nevermind.

Many ways to learn though, i.e. by doing it right (so just keep doing it, no need for any changes), by reading references, and also by asking to someone who knows more (and listen and do what they say :) )

Yeah, if money is not a problem, then there are no limitation of things we could buy. Hell, I'm gonna buy a custom electrostatic headphone, gold plated entirely, got my name marked on it, and embedded with a pair of 50 carat diamonds, just for the bling. Well, maybe limited by storage spaces, but then again, if money is not a problem, then we could always buy/rent more storage spaces...:)

There are SO many paints/dyes/sprays now that make modding so easy. I would be picking quality, and looking at ways to mod it to make it fit the scheme, over buying crap that happens to match colour wise. Just my 2 cents.

There are SO many paints/dyes/sprays now that make modding so easy. I would be picking quality, and looking at ways to mod it to make it fit the scheme, over buying crap that happens to match colour wise. Just my 2 cents.

OK, (dare I ask this question for fear of WWIII breaking out) what's a good audio grade headphone that I can mod to fit my colour scheme. I know I came across as a razer fanboy on this post, but I am quite open for suggestions on other brands. It's just that all my other peripherals are made by razer so I was leaning towards them.

True, very true.

Many ways to learn though, i.e. by doing it right (so just keep doing it, no need for any changes), by reading references, and also by asking to someone who knows more (and listen and do what they say :) )

Yeah, if money is not a problem, then there are no limitation of things we could buy. Hell, I'm gonna buy a custom electrostatic headphone, gold plated entirely, got my name marked on it, and embedded with a pair of 50 carat diamonds, just for the bling. Well, maybe limited by storage spaces, but then again, if money is not a problem, then we could always buy/rent more storage spaces... :)

OK Creatip123, I'm guessing that is a nudge for me to ask you what to do. So, what's a good audio grade headphone that I can mod to fit my colour scheme.

OK, (dare I ask this question for fear of WWIII breaking out) what's a good audio grade headphone that I can mod to fit my colour scheme. I know I came across as a razer fanboy on this post, but I am quite open for suggestions on other brands. It's just that all my other peripherals are made by razer so I was leaning towards them.

True, very true.

OK Creatip123, I'm guessing that is a nudge for me to ask you what to do. So, what's a good audio grade headphone that I can mod to fit my colour scheme.

To be honest, no jokes, if you really must match your colour scheme I think you will have to go with Razer.

But, again, no jokes, they are so expensive for what they offer, buying premium for a low quality product, that's their headphones(I said headphones, I love their mice/keyboards). Please find anything from Sennheiser or Audio-Technica or even Corsair/SteelSeries that makes you happy.

If you end up buying something from Razer, you will NOT notice the sound being shit or your game's positional audio being bad. However, if you, by chance, have the chance to test something from one of those brands aforementioned, you will cry for about a minute and will feel a itch on your wallet.

And I'm not gonna even try to compare build quality because there's also a huge difference there.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I thought this was an audio section of the forum, not fashion accessories...

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

in the same boat as you, (orange and black theme) why the hell they didnt make the headband pure black god only knows, i have the adaro wireless which doesnt have any green as do some other razer headsets, although i do have the perfect solution for our colour choice. 

either steelseries heat orange siberia (i have the mouse that matches it, great mouse cheap too) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-057-ST&adword=google/pla&gclid=CIP_rYjtxcACFUTkwgodbSMAbw 

or, and youl like this the Razer kraken 7.1 pro neon series in orange http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/store/razer-kraken-pro-neon

i dont know if the siberia headset is good, it is quite an old product now, but as you were going for the krakens anyway. or hold out for the final product and see if the chroma has a green band, which is what im doing personally 

If you're into DIY, try getting a pair of good headphones, ex Sennheiser HD558, and plastidip them orange and black.

True, very true.

Basically every headphone out there can be modded, especially if it's just about cosmetic. The reason why there aren't many people or articles on the net about modding audio grade headphones for their cosmetics, are just what the name implies, 'audio grade', people buy them for their audio quality, not their look. 

Even this MSRP $14900 (yep, that's the right price, 15 grand) headphone looks quite boring and tbh a bit crappy:

sennheiser-he90.jpg

Thing is, nobody cares about how it looks, just how the way it sound, which is, as many people wrote in reviews, 'heavenly'.

Now you wanna buy a headphone/headset solely because of the looks or LEDs, hey, it's your money. Just keep remembering that fact, that you buy it just because of the cosmetics, not the sound and/or build quality. That way, when you do got the chance of trying a 'real' headphone, you won't cry for about a minute, like @BaSkA said above, only just for about 45 seconds...

If it was me matching, I would get something I really like (ATH-M50's), and modify the side panel with decent paint and primer. It's not as quick and easy as buying stuff that already matches, but it depends on the quality/level of effort you are willing to put in.

Custom One Pro?

Oh yeah, I thought the backplate can only be chosen from a little collection they have. Turns out buyers can submit their own designs, if I read the description correctly. Besides, seeing the picture, it can be easily changed with a decent printer and sticker paper or decals.