Wanting info on manually optimizing Graphic Settings.

Ok So I have to re-write this tread again (Wrong button WHY?!)

So I am trying to optimize my games outside of Nvidia GeForce Experience

Because a lot of the time they don't offer much middle ground.  Low<- ->Ultra. What Happened to Medium and High?  :huh:

I like to run my games at 60fps over quality, to me it looks better. Running on FX-8320/8gb 1866/GTX 660 3GB  

I mostly know what the settings do already, but I don't know which ones necessarily are harder to run.

So I'm wondering what settings tax the most out of games in order. Instead of just me guessing. ^_^

Phys-X

Fur

Parallax

Tessellation

View Distance

Foliage Distance

FOV

Dynamic Ambient Occlusion

Terrain/Scene Decoration

Terrain/Scene Detail

Anisotropic Filtering

AA

AA-Deferred

AA-Post

Post Processing Detail

Reflections

Water Map

Texture Detail

Shadow Detail

Various Fog Effects

Thanks for reading my long post  :)

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"

Hmm, that's a lot to order. I'll say AA, tessellation and post processing though.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

All AA takes a big hit, post processing takes a lot of power. The other things you listed do take a performance hit but not as big as AA, anisotropic filtering and post processing. Just turn each one on and off as you play. See the difference in visuals AND in performance. Then you'll learn what you're willing to sacrifice for performance or what you're willing to deal with for visuals. Obviously the highest of everything is most approved by everyone, but what people can settle with turned off depends on the person. Just test and see what works for you. Within 30 minutes of testing you'll learn what you like most and can apply it to all games.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

@GuestForeverX

AA, tesselation, view distance, post processing, and if by texture detail you mean the texture resolution then that as well.

Certain ambient occlusion solutions can be quite intensive as well.

Terrain/scene detail may or may not contribute much to performance gains or losses depending on how much of the terrain is populated on low vs high.

PhysX will significantly hurt performance  if you don't use an Nvidia card with it.In general with how powerful cards are today PhysX in itself isn't too demanding with the way most games use it. 

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Off topic but I was really hoping for ltt video about game settings

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970

Off topic but I was really hoping for ltt video about game settings

Best way is to play with the settings and you'll find out which ones are most taxing your on your pc. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ