My Anime peeps - Wait for English dubs or watch subs?

VG Docs

My suggestion don't watch fairy tale. And if your looking for something similar Rave Master is just about as similar as you'll get. But really if you must there one piece, bleach, naruto, and many other shonen jump anime with 80 billion episodes and tons of filler available for you to watch.

For people that have not seen rave master it is not that bad as it was for you since you know its extent of its crossover with rave master

I watch with subs to keep up with currently airing shows. If I wait, I run the risk of being spoiled, which ruins my interest in the show. I don't mind some dubs, especially if the setting is outside Japan.

not an Anime-nut but the ones I have watched were all subbed. Watched one in English and it takes so much away from it. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

My suggestion don't watch fairy tale.

Why not? I'm currently watching it and it's very good. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people can't like it.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I cant wait for dubs. So I just watch subs, Sword Art Online II is one of those shows where you cant wait for dubs.

I watch my anime at Crunchyroll, but the only problem is whenever there is a new episode out of a really popular anime, the site becomes shit and your lucky if you can manage to get through with all the traffic.

Some subs are terrible, but sometimes there are good jobs of subs.

Watching with dubs sometimes takes away from it I find.

If you really think subbed animes are better than dubbed animes, there's something wrong with you.

Weaboos.

Unless the dub is genuinely bad, which it should never be seeing as they can just read the fucking subtitles

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

i really do not like dubs.

the original sounds are really good most of the time

I can't stand badly edited dubs, so I just watch subs instead, even if the dub is good quality. It helps me learn a few Japanese phrases as well, so that's a reason why I watch subs.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I agree completely with the points raised by @FranBunnyFFXII

I preferred the route less chosen; to learn Japanese. Why not? as anime is something I highly enjoy in what little free time I actually get. Why not strive to make the absolute most of it. Once one comprehends the native language then one is able to realise that both versions are subjective while at the same time enjoying a whole new dimension of understanding and appreciation.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

For people that have not seen rave master it is not that bad as it was for you since you know its extent of its crossover with rave master

So what i cant make fun of shonen jump anime with 80 billion episodes and tons of filler that are aimed at middle schoolers? Rave Master is just that cherry on top that really shows how much creativity is actually involved in series like these.

Also he asked about anime similar to fairy tail and rave master is about as similiarq as you'll get. If you notice I did also put more suggest from this genre as well.

Why not? I'm currently watching it and it's very good. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people can't like it.

Because there is better stuff available and most of it wastes less of your time with useless filler.

I agree completely with the points raised by @FranBunnyFFXII

I preferred the route less chosen; to learn Japanese. Why not? as anime is something I highly enjoy in what little free time I actually get. Why not strive to make the absolute most of it. Once one comprehends the native language then one is able to realise that both versions are subjective while at the same time enjoying a whole new dimension of understanding and appreciation.

I failed at Spanish so Japanese is for sure out of the question.

So what i cant make fun of shonen jump anime with 80 billion episodes and tons of filler that are aimed at middle schoolers? Rave Master is just that cherry on top that really shows how much creativity is actually involved in series like these.

Because there is better stuff available and most of it wastes less of your time with useless filler.

I don't know about most people in the anime community, but I don't care about the audience it's meant for, or the fillers. 

All I care about is if the show is something I enjoy watching... and I do, like many other people. 

If people have already made up their mind about a show, there's really no point in trying to change that just because you don't like it. 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I don't know about most people in the anime community, but I don't care about the audience it's meant for, or the fillers.

All I care about is if the show is something I enjoy watching... and I do, like many other people.

If people have already made up their mind about a show, there's really no point in trying to change that just because you don't like it.

Was I really trying to, no. I already know that no one will really change someone's mind at this point, which is why I did recommend a pretty complete list.

You can also toss rurouni kenshin in there as well. Which I would consider better. Jo Jo's bizarre adventure would fit as well and is actually an anime I consider to be quite fun. It also does fit into that genre. Innuyasha might even fit the bill.

You could always go back to the more classic dragon Ball. And some anime that might bridge you into some other genre's would be Full Metal Alchemist and Attack on Titan. Trigun is a pretty fun older one that is action comedy with a deeper back story. It also has a quite good dub as well.