First official digital game sales chart.

I found this in my internet travels: http://ukie.org.uk/content/first-official-uk-games-industry-digital-sales-chart-debuts

It's nice to see an official game sales chart which actually takes download sales into account (or in this case is entirely focused on them). So many times I've seen sales charts which have a PC section on them, but have a * which says that it "doesn't include downloaded games". Which is a pretty sizeable chunk of PC games sales, afaik.

It's not perfect ofc, as they get information from publishers; this means that indie games, or games from a publisher which they don't have figures from wouldn't be on there, but hopefully this is going to lead to digital game sales actually making it into more well publicised sales charts.

So much EA! :wacko:

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

So much EA! :wacko:

TOOOOO much EA!!! MY EYES!!!

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

Yeah it's bloody horrendous, shows how many people who don't do real research about upcoming games still play games, and rely exclusively on the heaviest on marketing to even hear about new games. I effing hate people like that.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Data taken directly from Origin ;)

I'm not sure how they can claim to be official numbers with such a small sample.

They don't even  release total sales numbers.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Are you fracking serious??? All the major BS about Simcity, people freaking out about it and everyone still bought it????? People are stupid stupid stupid. EA cares about money and only money. You dont like the way they do thing STOP GIVING THEM MONEY!!! I'm lost, faith in humanity seriously rocked

Igiveupkitty.jpg

Iranian-Institutions-Give-Up-Internet-to

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I do not get how is Simcity ranked 1st and most of the games are from EA...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Interesting, I hope this grows into a longer list with numerical amounts telling us the downloads.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If anything that lists will tell me which games to avoid as they will have the largest number of troll players. I'll stick to my personal choices even if they are not the popular ones.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Are you fracking serious??? All the major BS about Simcity, people freaking out about it and everyone still bought it????? People are stupid stupid stupid. EA cares about money and only money. You dont like the way they do thing STOP GIVING THEM MONEY!!! I'm lost, faith in humanity seriously rocked

Igiveupkitty.jpg

Don't bother venting here. You won't reach the demographic. (I call them Dregs) The typical SimCity buyer is the completely oblivious 44 year old office clerk who calls the IT department to come turn on his/her computer. They buy everything with wires pre-installed for their own house and will swallow any sales pitch deepthroat style. They pride themselves in owning hundreds of useless gadgets, typically for the kitchen and living room. They have 3-6 kids and a wife/husband that yells at/ beats them/ nags at them about buying some boat or going on some crappy holiday in the sun, and use casual gaming as an escape from their dreary lives. However, since they work in an office their attention span for sitting still on their free time is limited to 1 hour tops, upon which they have to go out and gossip with their suburban neighbours or tinker on some hopeless car/ aeroplane/ motorcycle/ sex doll project that is doomed because he/she will throw it away before it's done and something else captures their fleeting, fragmented, thankless attention.

They never read websites about computers or gaming, and thus only buy games force fed to them through Facebook ads with pictures of cleavage like; "MUST BE OVER 20 TO PLAY! HARDCORE TANK SPACE GANGSTERS!" or big-dollar television marketing delivered during Grey's Anatomy or Mad Men.

They are usually very stressed individuals and tend to have very short life spans.

If you spot one in the wild, keep a distance of 80 metres, as they are known to burst out crying and spontaneously soil their pants, or go off on tangents about how great the new iPad is.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

These describe my feelings after seeing the chart:

epic-facepalm-01.jpg
christian_bale_american_psycho_patrick_b

i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymo

37011463.jpg

Hey, at least the Football Manager series is the only sports game on the planet worth money.

Yeah it's bloody horrendous, shows how many people who don't do real research about upcoming games still play games, and rely exclusively on the heaviest on marketing to even hear about new games. I effing hate people like that.

That's an unfair statement.. There was no indication prior to the launch of Simcity to indicate how hard the servers would fail.. And upwards for a week after launch. It was hyped, yes. All the research any1 could have was false.. The beta, the lets plays beforehand showed no problems, no lag, no errors due to heavy server load. It was a press beta and that wasn't indicative of actuall gameplay after launch

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

That's an unfair statement.

No it's not, people should never buy a game on day one or pre-order. Regardless of demos, betas, trailers, footage, anything.

Like Jim (thank god for him) says, The line "shut up and take my money" needs to be replaced with "shut up and earn my money".

I would like to focus your attention to this

The PC Download Chart uses data supplied directly by some of the leading players in the digital market including Disney, Electronic Arts, Mastertronic, NCSOFT, Sega, Square-Enix, Take 2, Ubisoft, Warner Bros, Born Ready Games and other top PC game publishers, developers and digital distributors.

This data is coming from the actual game publishers/developers and I can't help myself but think that some may have exaggerated a bit. Everyone knows that steam has always being against giving the actual numbers of sales done by each title, no matter who asked for it and how much they insisted, which means that "digital distributors" doesn't include the biggest one. The lack of sales numbers from them not only makes this particular chart relatively imprecise but also gives to the companies involved the chance to inflate the numbers without worrying about being refuted.

Igiveupkitty.jpg

You realize that the chart is from March and what other company does not care about money?

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

I would like to focus your attention to this

This data is coming from the actual game publishers/developers and I can't help myself but think that some may have exaggerated a bit. Everyone knows that steam has always being against giving the actual numbers of sales done by each title, no matter who asked for it and how much they insisted, which means that "digital distributors" doesn't include the biggest one. The lack of sales numbers from them not only makes this particular chart relatively imprecise but also gives to the companies involved the chance to inflate the numbers without worrying about being refuted.

Make American law like Norwegian law.

If you claim (brag) profit, whether real or not, you pay taxes on it. So that would fix that then. Of course, you can still prove that it wasn't real in a certain amount of time to avoid it. But it's much harder to game such a system.

No it's not, people should never buy a game on day one or pre-order. Regardless of demos, betas, trailers, footage, anything.

Like Jim (thank god for him) says, The line "shut up and take my money" needs to be replaced with "shut up and earn my money".

I'd still drop money on a game dev or franchise that has been very good to me like CDProjektRed's Witcher series or Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series.

The complete and utter misrepresentation of Simcity, a game traditionally of very high quality, was an utter disgrace.

The game wasn't ready and EA needed to up their sales numbers for the sake of shareholders.

At no time was Simcity's release a good thing for the average consumer, let alone a due hard fan.

It's always easy to rebutt in hindsight.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Not sure why everyone is hating on EA here, it was pretty obvious EA will be on top, BF3 sales are sky high, along with Sims 3, and SimCity sales were also sky high. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -