Dell's first 34" 21:9 curve monitor - the U3415W will be available in Nov/Dec

Interesting development, this is

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

If it's under a grand I'll definitely be considering one. I think LG may have priced themselves out of the market.

hoestly now im really split between the coming aoc , the dell , and the good old lg i think im gonna wait for all of them to come out and then probably go with wichone is cheaper

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

3x1440p from Dell won't come with less than a $2000 USD price tag you can bet on that.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

3x1440p won't come with less than a $2000 USD price tag you can bet on that.

look at the lg being currently at around 800€ i dont about $ but still its not the pixel that make it expensive or at least not that expensive. the question will be does it have to be oled to be bendable or not? 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

look at the lg being currently at around 800€ i dont about $ but still its not the pixel that make it expensive or at least not that expensive. the question will be does it have to be oled to be bendable or not?

Let me rephrase: 3x1440p FROM DELL ...

As per OLED to be bendable, yes. You can't manufacture the sliding masks or crystals and then bend them. The tension alone will destroy the pixels. OLED is about the only bendable solution.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Let me rephrase: 3x1440p FROM DELL ...

As per OLED to be bendable, yes. You can't manufacture the sliding masks or crystals and then bend them. The tension alone will destroy the pixels. OLED is about the only bendable solution.

ok and how is 3440 the same as 3x2560 i dont get it

ok and how is 3440 the same as 3x2560 i dont get it

Dell overprices everything on the monitor side.

This crap will be affordable in couple of years for the home user, most likely. I'm gonna get a nice 1440p now, 4k in a year, two or so, and then who knows.

This is the first product I've seen where curved screen actually makes sense.

Is it just me or are those Dell Monitors really hot!

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

In all of it's glory, and hopefully at a decent price point... Here she is.

U3415W-1-_w_600.png

The U3415W by Dell.

Finally. 3440x1440, IPS, and curved. It's beautiful, and I want one. This used to be a very washed out rumor that turned out to be true. Dell officially announced this just a few days ago, however it is going to be released in December for the US. No word for when this product will be available in other countries.

I was gonna type a bunch of paragraphs on how awesome this display is and will be.. But I know you guys want the bare facts.

DISPLAY ITSELF:

- Response time is 8 ms GTG.

- Aspect ratio is 21:9, with a resolution of 3440x1440.

- It is 34" wide.

- 99% of sRGB/Delta E of <3.

- Refresh rate of 60 Hz.

- IPS Panel, 1.074 billion colors.

CONNECTIVITY:

- HDMI 2.0

- Display Port 1.2

- Mini Display Port

- Miracast Compatible

OTHER:

- Built in 9 watt stereo speakers.

- Stand has swivel, tilt, & height adjust while no portrait mode.

Now you will stare at your current monitor, cursing at either it's bad

viewing angles, poor resolution, or the fact that it isn't curved.

Wait until Linus gets his muddy hands on this...

Tom's Hardware.

Interesting... i read the press release and the other articles, and none of them mentioned that the U3415W is miracast compatible....

update: i read tomhardware's article, no mention of miracast compatibility in the article...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/dell-u3415w-curved-219,27581.html

Dell's new Ultrasharp monitor are so beautiful, just hope this monitor won't getting the same problem with my U2414H has.

Just looking at the picture, this looks so good!  (Not talking about panel but pure look)

I'm about to get some of them, what was your problem?

These 21:9 1440p monitors were already looking damn sexy, and now with the curved ones coming out I am pretty much set on the form factor of my next monitor. Could be this Dell, could be the LG, could be somebody else. Time to start saving up though, that's for sure.

Gaming Rig: Asus Z87 Pro, i5-4670k, EVGA Supernova 1000 P2, Corsair Carbide Air 540, NZXT Kraken X60, G.SKILL Ripjaws X (4 x 8GB @ 2133), 2 x EVGA GTX 980 SC, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 2 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm

Plex Server/Couch Gamer: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5, i7 4790k, Corsair HX750, Fractal Node 804, Deepcool Captain 240 AIO, G.SKILL Sniper Series (4 x 8GB @ 1866), MSI Lightning 780, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm.