Dell's first 34" 21:9 curve monitor - the U3415W will be available in Nov/Dec

The rumored U3415W is finally here. It is not just Dell's first 34" 21:9  monitor, it will be Dell's first curve monitor. Same with the 34UC97, it is equipped with a 34" curve 3440x1440 panel, and it features a ultra thin bezel design, HDMI 2.0, MHL, DisplayPort, and Mini DisplayPort, dual 9W speakers,and a fully-adjustable stand. This monitor will be up for order in China in November, and then globally from December. No words on pricing.

U3415W-820x420.jpg

http://www.slashgear.com/dells-34-inch-curved-display-wants-to-surround-you-29343435/

Wraparound Immersion, 34” Curved Display

Taking full advantage of the power on tap with the Alienware Area-51, Dell is the first to unveil a 34” curved monitor, groundbreaking for its optimal union of innovative design and brilliant resolution. The Dell UltraSharp 34” Monitor (U3415W) is the perfect display for both gamers and the developers who create their games. The Dell UltraSharp 34” Monitor features an ultra-wide 21:9 screen with the cinematic clarity and sharpness of WQHD 3440x1440 resolution so players will see everything being thrown their way and developers have the ultimate canvas for enhanced productivity and creativity. The curved display and wide field of view work together to give gamers a competitive edge, requiring less eye movement when compared to a flat panel display and enabling players to take advantage of their peripheral vision when the competition heats up. The U3415W monitor offers all of the features that users demand, including a fully adjustable stand, HDMI 2.0, MHL, DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort connectivity, dual integrated 9 watt speakers, 60Hz performance and, when it’s set up in multi-monitor configuration, a virtually borderless cockpit view across multiple screens thanks to its ultra-thin bezels.

Availability

The Alienware Area-51 will begin shipping in October of this year and globally this holiday season. The Dell UltraSharp 34” Monitor (U3415W) will be available to order in China in November and globally in December of this year.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140829005449/en/Alienware-Area-51-It%E2%80%99s#.VAFnxjKSx8k

U3415W-1-.PNG

update: according to Tomshardware's article, this monitor covers 99 percent of the sRGB color space, with a Delta-E of <3. Also it can display up to 1.074 billion colors, and viewing angles are 178°/ 172°.  With the adjustable stand you can tilt, swivel, and adjust in height with a range of 115 mm.

Dell's U3415W has finally been announced, and as it turns out, it is curved.

Back in December 2013, there was a rumor that Dell was working on a 21:9 1440p IPS cinema display. Little did we know that the device would actually be a curved monitor. Yes, you read that right: Dell just announced a curved 21:9 monitor.

The monitor has a 34” panel, which provides a resolution of 3440 by 1440 pixels. While Dell did not reveal to us the panel type, the company did reveal some details. For starters, the panel covers 99 percent of the sRGB color space, with a Delta-E of <3. It can display up to 1.074 billion colors, and viewing angles are 178°/ 172°.  The monitor also comes with an adjustable stand that you can tilt, swivel, and adjust in height with a range of 115 mm. Considering the aspect ratio of the monitor, let’s not blame Dell for not having the stand support rotating the monitor to a portrait orientation.

According to Dell, the monitor will have extra-thin bezels to make it more attractive in a two- or three-monitor setup. Theoretically, the curved nature of the displays brings every vertical line of pixels to the same distance from your eyes, creating a more accurate presented distance on a 2d surface, which should create a more immersive gaming experience.

Display inputs include HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, Mini DisplayPort and an MHL interface. The refresh rate is 60 Hz, with 8 ms gray-to-gray response times. The monitor will also have a pair of built-in 9-watt speakers.

Dell did not reveal pricing, and considering how unique this product is it’s probably not going to come cheap. U.S. availability slated for December.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/dell-u3415w-curved-219,27581.html

but how much? this is the important bit of information everyone wants to know.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Nice and its 3440x1440 not that 2560x1080 crap lol hopefully its not as insanely priced as LGs but i wouldnt be surprised if its even more since im guessing its OLED hence the curve.

but how much? this is the important bit of information everyone wants to know.

looking for it in Dell's press statement...

No words on pricing, according to all those sources that I found...

Nice and its 3440x1440 not that 2560x1080 crap lol hopefully its not as insanely priced as LGs but i wouldnt be surprised if its even more since im guessing its OLED hence the curve.

im guessing its just a curved LCD

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I just love when someone makes a panel and all the OEM's just slap their brand on it. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

im guessing its just a curved LCD

I did not even know they could do that lol FFS 

Technically not dell's first curved monitor....

Anyone remember this?

alienware-curved-display-3.jpg

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

That looks beautiful

But I doubt that it will be lower than a grand.........

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

Anyone remember this?

YES !

i wonder if anyone actually bought one

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Anyone remember this?

alienware-curved-display-3.jpg

YES !

yeah, but if my memory serve me right, it was never released, so no one was able to buy it...

yeah, but if my memory serve me right, it was never released, so no one was able to buy it...

It was basically 4 panels too so it wasn't even really curved.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It was basically 4 panels too so it wasn't even really curved.

really!? :o  I didn't know that, thx for telling me~~

I just love when someone makes a panel and all the OEM's just slap their brand on it. 

Well when there's only a few people that actually make panels, that's kind of how it works. LG makes most peoples displays.

Anyone remember this?

Haha, yusssss! It was 42" wasn't it? I believe it was also made by Panasonic. Or at least, they made something similar.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Dell's new Ultrasharp monitor are so beautiful, just hope this monitor won't getting the same problem with my U2414H has.

Just looking at the picture, this looks so good!  (Not talking about panel but pure look)

CPU i5 13400F - - - - - - GPU ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10G - - - - - - - - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2*16GB

Motherboard MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI mATX - - - - Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 + Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB + WD Green 2TB

PSU Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80 Plus Gold - - - - Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black - - - - Case Fractal Design Define 7 Mini

Displays INNOCN 27M2V + ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM + Dell U2414H - - - - - - - - - - - Sound ATH-M50x, Lenovo unknown speaker

Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 - - - - - Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight + G-TF Rough + Logitech G PowerPlay

YES !

No because everyone threw their hate train at Alienware, and they couldn't market it.

Unbeknownenced to a lot of people, Alienware does contribute a lot of innovation to the market, and sometimes the Alienware hate get's in the way of stuff they've been trying to do for years.

If you've ever used a gaming laptop, then you can thank Alienware for their push to get working gaming laptop GPUs into systems back in the early 2000s, they're the ones who pressured that innovation.

I really hope they post an update to the U2713H/HM this year. I'm actually quite surprised there there's no news of the U2415M or U2715H/HM yet

I really hope they post an update to the U2713H/HM this year. I'm actually quite surprised there there's no news of the U2415M or U2715H/HM yet

actually the product page of u2415 can be access on certain area of Dell's website (like Hong Kong & Taiwan), but not available for purchase yet (for some area)...

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=tw&l=en&s=dhs&cs=twdhs1&sku=391-bbuw

actually the product page of u2415 can be access on certain area of Dell's website (like Hong Kong & Taiwan), but not available for purchase yet...

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=tw&l=en&s=dhs&cs=twdhs1&sku=391-bbuw

Oh thanks for that I had no idea. That thing is sexy! I hope they release a 1440p U2715 this year with the same design. 

Wow this monitor has been in the works for almost a year now: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19525249.aspx

Since LG's won't have Adaptive Sync, it would be awesome if this did. But unfortunately it will not.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

The curve design is the selling point for me, it will (hopefully) make the whole experience much more immersive.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

No freesync is a dealbreaker. really outta of touch with consumers and moving things forward. curved panel well..OK why not, but input lag and tearing for years now it's broken fix it. Qhd,uhd,120hz,Adaptivesync, and hey curved if you like. It's already there if you demand it, it will come.