What the PS4 *MIGHT* look like.

AdamThePole

Interesting post by Reddit user MrSmooth. He appears to have pieced all of the random images shown in the teaser into a 3D model. 

SpMHAsa.jpg

1TkGZDl.jpg

4zwqmUV.jpg

OYghbd1.jpg

gGLad80.jpg

RRCY6cjh.jpg

aAqwSZv.jpg

1y1UWNt.jpg

ELyUZbn.gif

ncxlNZz.jpg

All credit goes to MrSmooth for creating these images. Teaser video can be found here; http://tinyurl.com/pvbh9q9. Source: http://imgur.com/a/FV6hy

If this is anything like the final design, what do we think of it? 

#KILLEDMYWIFE

hmmm not sure what to think ...i am thinking that it looks unique but it may stand out in a set but then it may stand out and look awesome with that diagonal piece and  stuff

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

That definitely looks cool and futuristic until it gets old. Truth is this is "what the PS4 will definitely not look like".

looks kinda cool. I won't buy one.

this guy is some heck of a 3d artist, being able to piece all those images together to get that model. I do a bit of 3d animation in blender and stuff like this is NOT easy. nice going dude :)

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

If this really is what it looks like... damn, that's hot.

Looking back on the designs of the PlayStations 1 through 3, I'm confident in the design of the PS4. Sony always make their consoles look great. (Or at least, the first version of each console. My old 80GB PlayStation 3 still looks better than any of the newer versions!)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

If its not too expensive and looks this good I might actually buy one.

I still need a blue ray drive and a controller. That adds up to 120 euro alone. It would be nice to have console for when friends come over. If its 400 euro or less I might consider buying one.

Hmm, i think its going to look much more square, as seen in the blurry image:

385968-sony-ps4-teaser.jpg?thumb=y

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

I think they're both going for a more elegant simple design which would fit in a TV cabinet. It's not the most creative, nor do I like the choice of materials and in the case of the XBox one, I think it could have been slimmer but it's definitely not a bad idea, definitely better than the current gen glossy consoles especially if they plan to sell this to anyone who's more mature and wants a good all-round entertainment system rather than just a gaming console.

looks better than the xbox one anyway.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Looks like they just put random shapes together and put it together to for a rectangle. These "next gen" consoles look really ugly to be honest.

This is just a mock-up by a Playstation fan :). It has absolutely nothing to do with Sony's final design.

I think you mean 'cubical' not 'square'. As they're both equally square, but one is rectangular the other cubical. Also that one has rounded corners so it's not really square is it!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I think you mean 'cubical' not 'square'. As they're both equally square, but one is rectangular the other cubical. Also that one has rounded corners so it's not really square is it!

Hmm, correct me if i'm wrong, but cubical suggests to me that it'l be more cube-like in shape, with all six sides squares.

Square suggests that one surface will have equal lengths of edges. And yes, the corners could be rounded in that extremely blurry image, but i didn't say it was a perfect square, more closer to it.

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

if that accurate it could look very sweet, and if it is it will stomp the One in the looks department

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

if that accurate it could look very sweet, and if it is it will stomp the One in the looks department

Even that blurred picture of the PS4 looks better than the Xbox One....

omg_wats that_dont need it to scare kids

Looks better than the beta max err... uh... XBOX One

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Looks way better than the Xbox, WAY BETTER!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Am I the only one around here who thinks that the Playstation Controller is way more easier to use than the Xbox controller?

4fcdf2e118613355b500ba5d.jpg

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Am I the only one around here who thinks that the Playstation Controller is way more easier to use than the Xbox controller?

Nope,i prefer ps controller too.

Nope,i prefer ps controller too.

Yup, same here, PS controller FTW

I like this fan mock up! I'd love it if that was the legitimate design, but I highly doubt it will be ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

this was actually pretty interesting.

i mean. im sure that it wont look exactly like that on release. but the fact that someone took the time to figure out an educated guess based on the teasers is actually pretty awesome