What the PS4 *MIGHT* look like.

AdamThePole

geeze, if this is real then it will certainly be nicer to look at than the Xbox one...

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Am I the only one around here who thinks that the Playstation Controller is way more easier to use than the Xbox controller?

The joysticks are too close together for me. I prefer the offset joysticks on the Xbox controllers.

I think it should look like the PS3 but flat. 

Looks kinda like a post-modern version of the PS2 design, which I can definitely appreciate. I'd find it cool if it does end up looking like that

It better be as small as the slim PS2

i5-3570k, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 1155 Z77, Patriot 8GB  (2*4GB), ASUS R9 290, Coolermaster HAF, OCZ 120 GB SSD + WD 1 TB HDD, Corsair CX750M, Samsung 22" + HP 23", CM Hyper 212 EVO, Ducky Shine 3 (Cherry MX Blue), Razer Naga 2014

Tbh its still just a black box that sits under your telly. Who cares overly what the design looks like. After all your not supposed to look at it all the time.

Just my thoughts.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Tbh its still just a black box that sits under your telly. Who cares overly what the design looks like. After all your not supposed to look at it all the time.

Just my thoughts.

If you pay a lot of money for something like this, you would at least expect it to look OK, as in, not look like a VHS recorder from the mid 1980s [cough] xbox one [cough] ... But that's just me :)

If you pay a lot of money for something like this, you would at least expect it to look OK, as in, not look like a VHS recorder from the mid 1980s [cough] xbox one [cough] ... But that's just me :)

ive never seen a console that actually looks outstanding imo. 

They have all generally just been black boxes (or some other basic colour)

Regarding the xbox one, i never really thought it looked a great deal different from other consoles in the past. It even looks better than some (game cube, ps1, ps2 etc)

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

ive never seen a console that actually looks outstanding imo. 

They have all generally just been black boxes (or some other basic colour)

Regarding the xbox one, i never really thought it looked a great deal different from other consoles in the past. It even looks better than some (game cube, ps1, ps2 etc)

I agree with you, none of them are outstanding looking. Most of them just sat under the TV and don't draw too much attention to themselves. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on any consoles out there, I guess I was just expecting them to release some cool looking device instead of the general boring looking black box. Who knows, maybe the "new versions" would be better looking?

I always thought the first version of the PlayStation 3 looked outstanding. No?

It's true that most consoles are generally black boxes. But that's out of necessity more than anything else - to blend in with one's TV unit and other equipment and physically fit within the normal confines of said TV units. But consoles usually try to change that box shape in little ways to make it all the more interesting to look at.

I see a massive and important difference between for example the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox One. They may both be black, but in every other way they are very different.

SCEE_PS3_layflat___tif_jpgcopy.jpg

xbox-one-float.jpg

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Why are consoles today look so blocky?

Its more modern looking imo, more efficient looking too. If its a big cubiod, it takes up only the space it needs to. The PS3 is wasted space with that curved top section, they just stick a hard drive in there.

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

How can they just reveal the controller and NOT THE CONSOLE ITSELF??

How can they just reveal the controller and NOT THE CONSOLE ITSELF??

It's called "Marketing Techniques"

I agree with you, none of them are outstanding looking. Most of them just sat under the TV and don't draw too much attention to themselves. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on any consoles out there, I guess I was just expecting them to release some cool looking device instead of the general boring looking black box. Who knows, maybe the "new versions" would be better looking?

It would be interesting to see what they could do with the design but i guess they dont really want to take the risk of people being turned off by it so they just choose the safe option,

It's called "Marketing Techniques"

Or "they're not finished the design yet"

• 2 weeks later...

OP was on the money.

#MakeBombs                                       3x3x3 Time: 15.76s

Interesting post by Reddit user MrSmooth. He appears to have pieced all of the random images shown in the teaser into a 3D model. 

SpMHAsa.jpg

1TkGZDl.jpg

4zwqmUV.jpg

OYghbd1.jpg

gGLad80.jpg

RRCY6cjh.jpg

aAqwSZv.jpg

1y1UWNt.jpg

ELyUZbn.gif

ncxlNZz.jpg

All credit goes to MrSmooth for creating these images. Teaser video can be found here; http://tinyurl.com/pvbh9q9. Source: http://imgur.com/a/FV6hy

If this is anything like the final design, what do we think of it? 

I wish it looked as amazing as that.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Have to say that the PS4 looks great, but I agree, I think that this one might be slightly better :)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Well you where pretty close I give you that.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard