R9 285 & DX12

Repost. I already mentioned this in a thread the other day.

the HD 7000 series, and R series cards that support GCN architecture will support DirectX 12.

this is not a repost,you didnt write about a mini-itx r9 285

this is not a repost,you didnt write about a mini-itx r9 285

Please read the original thread correctly.

This means that all graphics cards from the HD 7000 series and the Rx 2xx series will be able to support DirectX 12. APU users with Kaveri APUs will also be able to take advantage of DirectX 12 since Kaveri APUs are also built from GCN graphics. 

The R9 285 falls under the "Rx 2xx series" i mentioned.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Please read the original thread correctly.

The R9 285 falls under the "Rx 2xx series" i mentioned.

Thanks for that.

Anyway, I did mention a Sapphire R9 285 mini ITX so... it's a bit different :)

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Thanks for that.

Anyway, I did mention a Sapphire R9 285 mini ITX so... it's a bit different :)

Was already mentioned 2 days ago as well mate, lol.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

They already said Directx 12 should work with Windows 7 and up. Directx 12 on only windows 9 wouldn't be worth it compared to Opengl/Mantle all on other Operating systems.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

repost, we already said this was a repost two posts ago, in fact several posts ago in the day before last we reposted this post as proof the repost was already posted. :blink:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This is all common knowledge. 

Isn't this also true for all Kepler Nvidia cards?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

All 7000 AMD and all GTX 400 and up support low level abstraction.

http://techreport.com/news/26210/directx-12-will-also-add-new-features-for-next-gen-gpus

"Tamasi (Nvidia) explained that DirectX 12 will introduce a set of new features in addition to the lower-level abstraction (consoles already have this, PC's are getting it), and those features will require new hardware. In his words, Microsoft "only teased" at some of those additions this week, and a "whole bunch more" are coming."

So basically we are supposedly getting new effects, on new GPU's (we will prob see a NEW GCN x.x), like we did with previous DirectX's/OpenGL's, that will not be seen in games for many years, and in addition the "next gen consoles" do not support these graphics effects, so video game publishers will ignore them most likely.

"Support" just means it will benefit from the "low level API". MS is being shady, saying that the Xbox "supports" DX 12 (both consoles are SEMI-custom GCN/AMD 7000), and ATI is being shady saying that any current hardware supports DX 12. Hardware that fully supports DX 12 as far as effects does not yet exist, unless the GTX 8xx prototypes has the hardware features (and AMD prob has prototypes as well). Does it matter? It won't for many years, outside PC exclusives probably. 

Welcome to the age of obfuscation. Rise of the Tomb Raider is also an "exclusive" for Holiday 2015  ;)

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Was already mentioned 2 days ago as well mate, lol.

:lol: Silly me ;)

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."