Top 5 Things I Want To Be Standard In Pc Building

Cokeman

So there are few things I wish all manufactures would come to an agreement on when it comes to PC building.

5. Four SATA cables included with motherboards. Now I still personally use optical drives. So when I build a PC I need to check to see if the board comes with 4 SATA cables because I also need 2 for a SSD and HDD

4. Black IO shields. I can't stand plain metal IO shields. I can understand on lower end builds you have a cheap case you the back is silver. But if I'm buying a $150 board most likely I have a case that the back is black. So I don't want a silver IO shield. This is a very cheap fix to make on IO shields.

3. All black cables. All PSU and front panel cables should be black. It looks so much better. Like on front panel connecters you have to put a insulator on the wires so why not make it black. it saves you the money of sleeving them.

2. Standerd standoff positions. All motherboard sizes should have default positions for standoffs then you don't have to check to make sure that there are not standoffs you have to remove. Or have unused mounting holes. They have done this with Mini ITX boards.

1. A standard connector for your front power rest switches etc. WHY HASENT ANYONE COME UP WITH A STANDARD CONNECTOR??? They are such a pain you have to read that small lettering and make sure all of them are in just the right place then you have to worry about positive and negative. They are the worst. 

One extra would be to included all black screws.

What are some things you wish where standard when it came to PC building?

an option for text based BIOS instead of fking UEFI

I do agree with this tho...they should include both options on all motherboards.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I do agree with this tho...they should include both options on all motherboards.

I personally like the UEFI

So there are few things I wish all manufactures would come to an agreement on when it comes to PC building.

5. Four SATA cables included with motherboards. Now I still personally use optical drives. So when I build a PC I need to check to see if the board comes with 4 SATA cables because I also need 2 for a SSD and HDD

4. Black IO shields. I can't stand plain metal IO shields. I can understand on lower end builds you have a cheap case you the back is silver. But if I'm buying a $150 board most likely I have a case that the back is black. So I don't want a silver IO shield. This is a very cheap fix to make on IO shields.

3. All black cables. All PSU and front panel cables should be black. It looks so much better. Like on front panel connecters you have to put a insulator on the wires so why not make it black. it saves you the money of sleeving them.

2. Standerd standoff positions. All motherboard sizes should have default positions for standoffs then you don't have to check to make sure that there are not standoffs you have to remove. Or have unused mounting holes. They have done this with Mini ITX boards.

1. A standard connector for your front power rest switches etc. WHY HASENT ANYONE COME UP WITH A STANDARD CONNECTOR??? They are such a pain you have to read that small lettering and make sure all of them are in just the right place then you have to worry about positive and negative. They are the worst. 

5. Stop being lazy and just buy more sata cables.

4. Plasti dip.

3. Plasti dip? Sleeve them yourself? or get a high quality power supply.

2. Different sized motherboards need different standoff locations to help support the board better.

1. That would be helpful.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

4. Plasti dip.

2. Different sized motherboards need different standoff locations to help support the board better.

+1,000,000,000

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

4. Plasti dip.

I do get high quality power supplies. Thats just general. But what I'm saying is standard standoff positions of ATX, Micro ATX, E-ATX, XL-ATX

I do get high quality power supplies. Thats just general. But what I'm saying is standard standoff positions of ATX, Micro ATX, E-ATX, XL-ATX

And have one type of board? They are used to support boards of different sizes.

an option for text based BIOS instead of fking UEFI

Why?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

And have one type of board? They are used to support boards of different sizes.

But if you are buying a Mid tower have standoffs already installed for ATX boards and all ATX boards should have the same Standoff positions. 

Why?

I know I like the UEFI

But if you are buying a Mid tower have standoffs already installed for ATX boards and all ATX boards should have the same Standoff positions. 

K, why? You can just as easily fit a micro atx in it.

I know I like the UEFI

Seriously stop post farming...its against the COC.

Small boards don't need standoffs in the lower sections of the case, while larger ones do, so if someone was to put a smaller sized board in the case then you have extra standoffs just sitting there.

I believe that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard...standardize standoffs.

I like how simple and nice looking it is too...really easy to get around :)

Open-Page.jpg

I was saying all motherboards should come with both UEFI bios and an option to switch it to standard bios as well.

Small boards don't need standoffs in the lower sections of the case, while larger ones do, so if someone was to put a smaller sized board in the case then you have extra standoffs just sitting there.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

my case is white so i want a silver OI shield

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I know I like the UEFI

Open-Page.jpg

my case is white so i want a silver OI shield

Wouldn't a white one look nicer?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

K, why? You can just as easily fit a micro atx in it.

Then either make the Standoffs not interfere with MATX boards or just say remove these 3 or 4 standoffs

Why?

annoying to use. The BIOS/UEFI system only needs to be quick and practical.

I just want the options there with a simple interface, it's miles easier to navigate text based menus and easier to categorize.

I can find things in a BIOS relatively quickly, quickly, and it only takes a few actions to do something.

I've tried both Asus and MSI UEFI and absolutely hated working with both.

Open-Page.jpg

Wouldn't a white one look nicer?

tons of wasted space, needed mouse movement, useless graphics.

Error: 410

its off topic you plinko. you cant post farm in off topic. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Open-Page.jpg

And that is why I love Asus boards

The only thing I can agree with is a standard connector for the power/reset/hdd activity wires.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

its off topic you plinko. you cant post farm in off topic. 

Plinko? And it gets annoying..if you are going to insult me do it right...

I believe that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard...standardize standoffs.

I was saying all motherboards should come with both UEFI bios and an option to switch it to standard bios as well.

You can't farm posts in OT :)

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

annoying to use. The BIOS/UEFI system only needs to be quick and practical.

I just want the options there with a simple interface, it's miles easier to navigate text based menus and easier to categorize.

I can find things in a BIOS relatively quickly, quickly, and it only takes a few actions to do something.

I've tried both Asus and MSI UEFI and absolutely hated working with both.

Hmm I guess so...

Last time I used a BIOS I had no idea what half the stuff was...and in UEFI it tells you what each thing does in the right margin....

Personal preference I guess.

Spoiler