Google Is Planning to Offer Accounts to Kids Under 13

Victorious Secret

Yes, now my 11-year-old brother can finally get that G+ account he's been waiting years for.

Thousands of families would never be able to eat octopus ever again...

Quit looking at my internet history

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That's what I read it as.

Now they can show psychologically damaging ads to kids too...great. Perhaps we'll see a whole generation growing up brainwashed by Google advertising and unable to think critically.

Most people are unable to think critically without Google brainwashing them so no reason to blame that on them. All Google does is exploiting that to the full selling them random crap and spinning them around their finger.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Most people are unable to think critically without Google brainwashing them so no reason to blame that on them. All Google does is exploiting that to the full selling them random crap and spinning them around their finger.

True, true :P

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yes it gets them hooked to google services early on and yes google will now have all the datas but this is not an altogether bad thing,

If they can do this properly and sort of piggy back the childs account on the parent account allowing access to it and for the privacy settings to be configured by the parent as well as locking down certain services and searches, yes there are ways around this but it is a good start. as the child gets over the age of 13 the account becomes its own entity and controls imposed by the parent account become void or stay in place but are now changeable by the child.

that's sort of what I would like to see.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

I think this would be good for all the times how kids spend crazy amounts on there parents credit cards like make it so they can set a money cap on there account and it renews each month.

"You must be at least 18 years or older to access this website"

YES [*]

NO [ ]

Come on, I did this shit when I was a teen and I'm 27 now. I highly doubt kids changed much since then. If anything, a specific 13 and under account will only lure questionable men.

If my parents could have seen the shit I looked at when I was 10 years old on the internet, they would never be able to look me in the eye again. Now I just realized how much of a massive pervert I was, even before the age of 13.....

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build