The only way to save the Internet

Gabriel

Tim Berners-Lee saying that we need a Magna Carta for the internet. The only way to stop NSA and their BS. 

I think this is the right thing we need and completely agree with TimBL. what do you think?

watch this first..

dahm he talkst fast.. 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Kinda hard to understand what he was saying, had to turn on subtitles.

It would be great if we could have an internet without this NSA bullshit.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

All due respect to TBL, but lets think this through, basically an international bill of rights for the internet and internet usage, first it would have to be drawn up by an international committee (good lucky getting people to agree there without so many compromises it could be neutered before it got going), then it has to be signed and ratified by soooo many countries, then if its broken who enforces it, what are the repercussions. Then we get into jurisdictional issues of what if the server is hosted in a country that didn't ratify the treaty but is mainly used by those in a country that did.

The Magna Carta for the internet? I'm all in, being the next generation this is really important to me.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

All due respect to TBL, but lets think this through, basically an international bill of rights for the internet and internet usage, first it would have to be drawn up by an international committee (good lucky getting people to agree there without so many compromises it could be neutered before it got going), then it has to be signed and ratified by soooo many countries, then if its broken who enforces it, what are the repercussions. Then we get into jurisdictional issues of what if the server is hosted in a country that didn't ratify the treaty but is mainly used by those in a country that did.

Maybe we could have a system where if a country breaks it, all the other countries are allowed to digitally attack them without consequence for a period of time :P

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Hey, I'm the grumpy old pessimist around here. :P

Seriously though, I don't think it's all that hard, It doesn't have to be drawn up by anyone in particular it just has to be of a standard that countries will sign.  Also it doesn't need to be signed by all countries, to start with it only needs to be signed by the US, England, Germany, and handful of other major internet players.  Places like china will probably never sign, but that is not the end of it and not a major stumbling block. 

Having said that, the powers that be won't want to sign anything like that no matter who writes it or how good it is.  They don't see the internet the way we do, they don't see email as being the same as physical mail, they do not accept (no matter how obvious) that voip is a telephone service,  so they refuse to apply all the laws the govern privacy in the postal service and the telecommunications industry to the internet equivalence.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I think we just need the US to economically collapse, then the rest of the world can actually do this properly.
Seriously though. I wish the US would just disappear and stop fucking everything up because they're acting like a bully in the playground who thinks he's in charge.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I think we just need the US to economically collapse, then the rest of the world can actually do this properly.

Seriously though. I wish the US would just disappear and stop fucking everything up because they're acting like a bully in the playground who thinks he's in charge.

1. Fuck you.

It's not our country it's our government, ass. We can't control them because people are more interested in other things that they for some reason think are more important, like bogus "free healthcare". Don't condemn 300 million people because of the actions of a few.

Say what you want to about our country, but in the long run our's is still better because at least here a person has a right to defend themselves.

2. While this is a good idea, it's impossible. Not enough countries would ratify it without first adding in provisions that let them spy on the average user. Not to mention that plenty of countries would still ignore it, and/or not be able to enforce it.

Sad but true.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs