I have a legitimate question about religion (more so Christianity)

TopWargamer

I do similar things to keep me calm and relaxed, because if not, I get anxious very easily and feel like everybody's judging my every action. It doesn't keep me calm all the time though, but most of the time it works just fine.

<-- First Day of School (Walks up to random kid) "Did you know Tek Syndicate climbed the mountain?" 

All of you will see the truth when the loli aliens return and take me with them. Guess what they aren't taking you. :D

Loli aliens? Welp, guess all the men on Earth are going to try and follow. :P

Also, I like how this thread became more about communism than about religion.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Loli aliens? Welp, guess all the men on Earth are going to try and follow. :P

Also, I like how this thread became more about communism than about religion.

random_goth_loli_by_keid88-d4qodnn.jpg

All of you will see the truth when the loli aliens return and take me with them. Guess what they aren't taking you. :D

Can I go?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm only talking about specific bigoted beliefs that come out in public to complete strangers, judging them. Not that the people are, or all of their beliefs, are bigoted.

As for others, I haven't seen it in my American travels, but that may be due to Christianity having a huge majority in America. Here in Canada when people bring up their religion seemingly out of the blue they get weird looks. Different cultures, I think.

Not all are "bigoted". Most are judgemental however. And far too many people (not just christians) wear their religion on their sleeve.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

snip

I don't want to go to space jail...

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I'm only talking about specific bigoted beliefs that come out in public to complete strangers, judging them. Not that the people are, or all of their beliefs, are bigoted.

As for others, I haven't seen it in my American travels, but that may be due to Christianity having a huge majority in America. Here in Canada when people bring up their religion seemingly out of the blue they get weird looks. Different cultures, I think.

That's a common problem amongst us americans, a lot of us seem to think everyone want's to know what we are thinking at all times.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Can I go?

Yeah it'll be fun :D 

I don't want to go to space jail...

Don't worry you'll just be dominated by loli aliens with a domination complex 

loli aliens you say?

sami0210.jpg

Don't worry you'll just be dominated by loli aliens with a domination complex 

Hell no. I'd rather take care of this doofus for three, whole years than be dominated by dominatrix, loli aliens who probably have physiologies not like ours e.g. tentacles, antennae, gills, claws, talons, etc..

tumblr_na72hiK60Y1qjcm3po1_400.png

calling muslims terrorists isnt bashing on them?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hell no. I'd rather take care of this doofus for three, whole years then be dominated by dominatrix, loli aliens who probably have physiologies not like ours e.g. tentacles, antennae, gills, claws, talons, etc..

I didn't mean sexually, I just meant a dominant personality is general. 

I didn't mean sexually, I just meant a dominant personality is general. 

Still a hell no. I want to live my own, damn life, goddamn it. I don't want some loli alien tellin' what I can or can't do. With a personality like that, I bet they'd still be all commandin' 'n' shit in bed... How the hell did this thread end up about loli aliens?!

Still a hell no. I want to live my own, damn life, goddamn it. I don't want some loli alien tellin' what I can or can't do. With a personality like that, I bet they'd still be all commandin' 'n' shit in bed... How the hell did this thread end up about loli aliens?!

I'm the future galactic overlord :D 

I'm the future galactic overlord :D

Screw it, I'm calling Nick Fury. This. Ends. Now. Galactic Overlord Noire!

calling muslims terrorists isnt bashing on them?

As I said in my title, I'm mainly talking about Christianity here, but other religions suffer the same fate.

COMIC SANS

As I said in my title, I'm mainly talking about Christianity here, but other religions suffer the same fate.

i know I know I just couldn't stand seeing somebody that says muslims aren't being bashed on not to mention the extreme racism associated with islam but yeah no reply is needed

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Screw it, I'm calling Nick Fury. This. Ends. Now. Galactic Overlord Noire!

He is my buddy :D 

He is my buddy :D

I'm calling Doctor Doom then. If he's your buddy too, then I'll go through a list of all the superheroes and supervillains in the world. :P

I do similar things to keep me calm and relaxed, because if not, I get anxious very easily and feel like everybody's judging my every action. It doesn't keep me calm all the time though, but most of the time it works just fine.

THIS. I have the same issue. I'll sit in a room with people and think I'm being judged and I get all anxious. Breathing helps. But of course I have to be covert about it because people will judge me for breathing funny lol. Yea I just have to remember that I'm not that important. And I don't mean that in a bad way lol.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

I know for myself I'm agnostic. Due to the fact that I'm on the fence when it comes to the whole idea of "God". I respect that people have their own beliefs. But I keep bouncing back and forth between science and religion.

Please people, no flame wars. I'm NOT making this thread for the intention of making people upset. On the contrary, I actually want an answer to a question that I've asked myself for quite a while. Please read the entire post to fully understand what I'm trying to say.

Please and thank you. Now let's have a civilized discussion.

To start, I will embed a picture of this Facebook post that just showed up in my profile feed on Facebook.

bce3755587.png

Think about it for a second. He does have a point. I myself am a Christian, a..."loose" one, but still a Christian none the less. So if you want to say that I have a bias, then fine, go ahead, although I try my best to look at things objectively.

I've seen this before first hand, and it doesn't make much sense to me. America is a land of religious freedom, yet if you say "Oh hey, I'm a Christian" some people will immediately start bashing you for it. Am I saying most people will do this? NO! I am NOT saying that at all. But that kind of mindset makes no sense to me.

Like, I realize that there are some Christians who can be...hm...annoying, to say the least. I get that, and I understand that, and I can understand why you would dislike somebody for that, but you have to realize that not all Christians are like "that one annoying Christian 'freak' that you met the other day."

So with that being said, I've noticed that some people who hate on Christianity don't seem to necessarily hate on other religions. I don't ever recall (from personal experience) somebody bashing Islam or Buddhism or Shintoism or whatever. The only other religion that I've seen get bashed on as much as Christianity is Judaism, but that's a topic for another time, although still relevant to the discussion.

So why is this? Because it honestly doesn't make any sense to me. For example, let's say...an Atheist starts bashing on Christianity. Okay fine, but that same Atheist won't bash on other religions. Again, I've seen this more than once, and it just doesn't make any sense to me. Oh, and to clarify, I am NOT saying that most Atheists are Christian-bashers. Nononono, I'm not saying that all. I'm just using that as an example, because it seems to happen most with Atheist, from my personal experience. I personally do NOT have a problem with Atheists, so please do not misunderstand me.

I personally don't care what you worship or lack thereof. I'll tolerate what you believe and let that be that. I just don't get why people can't be this way? I'm not saying that Christians are absent from this. Oh nononono, certainly not. There are plenty of Christians and other religions guilty of this. But like...in America...ya know...freedom of speech...freedom of religion...freedom of assembly... (I know that plenty of other countries have all of these rights as well, just focusing on America for this thread). So with these rights being in place, I just do not understand why people bash what other people believe. Just tolerate it and move on. It's that simple! No matter you tell that person, they more than likely won't change their mind anyways.

There are shitheads in every group. The shit heads of christianity get more media/attention so people form stereotypes. But just ignore that and prove it wrong.

Buddhism isn't tied to the creation of the world and an afterlife. It's more about attaining nirvana during your lifetime. Nobody knows what Shintoism is. Islam get's bashed hard all the time, 40 virgins after death etc, martyrdom etc.

Christianity is the most prolific religion where most of these discussions take place. Christianity also starts from the beginning of time and the beginning of man, there isn't much written and science is on the forefront, so people from Christianity still hanging onto adam and eve as literally happening and the earth forming in 7 days by the hand of god will take a verbal beating. Christianity also has an afterlife involving a heaven and a hell. Since this can't be proven either and the onus is on the one who claims it to be true, an Atheist can have a field day with this one as well.

More progressive denominations include science and still stick to their teachings of how one conducts themselves during their life while not preaching to others. The majority of Christian teachings and rituals do not involve incessant worship, strict adherence or requirement to spread the gospel. Rather, the 'religious' part has more to do with building a good foundation in life and prospering while helping out your fellow man.

If people want to stereotype all Christians based on their encounters or their research, that is up to them.

Really? Every religion has its creation and afterlife myths, no exception.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!