Corsair af120 on an h100?

Go to solution Solved by MegaDave91,

Hm I see... so you don't suggest anything from noctua or others instead? Do you think the sp120s would be good for the rest of the case too?

Noctua NFF12 is an excellent rad fan.

Hi guys,

Do you think the AF120s would perform well on a H100? Or do you suggest other fans? The reason I'm considering to change the stock ones is that they are very dusty and from what I heard you can get noticeably better performance with a new set. Also I would be adding other fans to the case so it would be nice to get all the fans in one go if possible.

fan_af120_front_r.png

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No !! Use SP120 - pressure optimized are better to use on radiators.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

No !! Use SP120 - pressure optimized are better to use on radiators.

Hm I see... so you don't suggest anything from noctua or others instead? Do you think the sp120s would be good for the rest of the case too?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

depends on what case? if the front panel isnt restricting then AF will be beter

if it is restricting then you should again get SP fans

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

depends on what case? if the front panel isnt restricting then AF will be beter

if it is restricting then you should again get SP fans

It's a corsair obsidian 800D (in case you're interested here's how I got it, it was a pretty lucky circumstance).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

he isn't directly talking about corsair specific fans but the types of pressure they produce.

Static Pressure = SP, good for tight, restricted areas i.e. radiators.

AF = Air Flow.  Is going to better in open areas where lots of air needs to be moved over a wide area i.e. most cases.

Make sense?

Thanks, is there any point in going for the industrialppc ones?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

he isn't directly talking about corsair specific fans but the types of pressure they produce.

Static Pressure = SP, good for tight, restricted areas i.e. radiators.

AF = Air Flow.  Is going to better in open areas where lots of air needs to be moved over a wide area i.e. most cases.

Make sense?

Oh yeah, sure does. So SP for the radiator, AF for the case. @MegaDave91 suggested the noctua nff12, do you agree?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Pressure optimized fans like the SP120 from corsair or any other brand are best suited to use on these situations:

- Radiators.

- As intakes on the front of the case where normaly exists the cages for the HDDs and SSDs, these cages are barriers to the air flow, so pressure optimized is the best.

For the exhaust i recommend Air Flow optimized fans on the back and top of the case.

But it all depends of the type of the case the positions of the fan holes.

That is my opinion, i believe there will be lots of other opinions.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Corsair SP quiet edition

Noctua nf f12 or p12

Noiseblocker

Then compare the static pressure and cfm of the fans you choose.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Oh yeah, sure does. So SP for the radiator, AF for the case. @MegaDave91 suggested the noctua nff12, do you agree?

Absolutely, noctua makes great fans, although they are a little expensive.

I do use Corsair in my case both for my radiator and case fans because of appearance reasons, I'm satisfied.

I love Noctua, they are just ugly as sin:)

Absolutely, noctua makes great fans, although they are a little expensive.

Indeed they are expensive :P I might go for the nff12s on the radiator and then use something from their redux line for the rest of the case, otherwise I'll be broke ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Thanks, is there any point in going for the industrialppc ones?

Unless you can't stand Noctua's traditional cream/brown color scheme, no it's not worth it.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Ok thanks to everyone for the help! It seems like noctua nff12s it will be!

sudo chmod -R 000 /*