Gamescom says "GTX 800 series to release march 2015

ViruZ_HUN

Okay now we start over the release date wars.

Gamescom says that the new Maxwell GTX 800 series will get released around march next year?

WHAT?

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/32965/20140813/gtx-800-series-release-date.htm

quoted informatication

GTX 800 Series Release Date Revealed At Gamescom 2014! 880, 870 And 860 Set To Launch On March 2015! What Are The Specs And Performance Of These New GeForce Graphics Cards From Nvidia?

nvidia-geforce-logo.jpg?w=600 (Photo : Deviantart)

The GTX 800 series release date has been revealed on Gamescom 2014!

PC gamers who are looking to upgrade to the GTX 800 series might have to wait a while because while the 28nm Maxwell chips are currently available in the GTX 750, 750 Ti, but 20nm designs might be delayed but the good news is, The GTX 880 will be cheaper than the initial 780 Ti but it is going to be much more powerful.

The report stems from the fact that Taiwanese contacts claiming that TSMC, the foundry that produces chips for Nvidia, is not prepared for a full-on 20nm chip production run.In a report by Sweclockers, they have said that Nvidia's next GPU design will be delayed from late 2014 to some point in 2015.

Nvidia relies on two major designs in its GeForce graphics cards. The Kepler is the chip type found in many of the 700 series GPUs, as well as in the GTX Titan.

The Maxwell chip architechure was introduced in the GTX 750 and 750 Ti back in February. These Maxwell chips, which are also at the heart of the GTX 800M chips making the rounds in new gaming laptops, are built on a 28nm fabrication, while the Maxwell's of the future are going to be built with the aforementioned 20nm process.

The reported delay means the next GeForce line will be bumped from Q4 2014 into 2015.

Sweclockers says there's a chance of one high-end 20nm Maxwell model being released in 2014 (that line's equivalent of the GTX 780 ot 780 Ti, perhaps), but there's no guarantee of that happening.

Cyberland PC reports that the GTX 800 series are going to be significantly more powerful than the GTX 700 series but their pricing would be lower than when the top of the line cards of the GTX 700 series became available.

Cyberland reports that The GTX 800 series release date is on March 2015 as was confirmed by Nvidia on Gamescom 2014 and that the GTX 880, 870 and 860 would be available at launch!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

5217a194c856110b13000006_736.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

just check the comments list on the source guys:D

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

just check the comments list on the source guys:D

I would have given you a 5 star member status but bringing me bad news takes you down a notch.

I refuse to believe this nonsense. I refuse!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Oddly enough, the word "FAKE" on that fake stamp seems fake.

Oddly enough, the word "FAKE" on that fake stamp seems fake.

as intended

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

I would have given you a 5 star member status but bringing me bad news takes you down a notch.

I refuse to believe this nonsense. I refuse!

I posted this before seeing the comments. Sorry. I want to post news as fast as possible before someone else post and then I get blaimed for double posting:(

I posted this before seeing the comments. Sorry. I want to post news as fast as possible before someone else post and then I get blaimed for double posting:(

I understand. Its pretty easy to get scooped on news around here. Especially GPU news.

THANK GOD. I was gonna cry... I have been saving for the GTX 880 the past few months... To then find out I have to wait half a year... #FirstWorldProblems

If there was a 69 stars one I would give that to you xD. Oh and even though I'm not really gonna get the 800 series I'm gonna get the 900 series if it has ridiculously low power consumption or if it has a single slot. I believe my 760 will last me a while.

Project Restomod (In progress)

Yay I am a 1 star:P

Yay I am a 1 star:P

I think we are just all in awe that you posted news that has nothing to do with X99... :P

1 star                                   because your profile image.

.wist

K

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Cheaper and more powerful than 700 series? Not on Nvidia's watch.

I call this: Bullsh*t

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Cheaper and more powerful than 700 series? Not on Nvidia's watch.

I call this: Bullsh*t

Im calling bullshit on this article and holding out faith for Nvidia.

I hope they dont let me down.  :mellow:

Bullshit! 

Nvidia might release quadro cards on 20nm in march but not releasing it in 2014 is just not a good idea.

I don't even know why they'd even ship them out to warehouses so many months early if thats the case.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

That site is the same one that said the Fallout 4 was announced. Plus, Nvidia would never want to miss out on holiday season sales.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I gave you 4 stars because you actually wrote something of your own about the article.

Compatible with Windows 95

I really really hope this is bogus. I dont want to wait until march.  :angry:

I really really hope this is bogus. I dont want to wait until march.  :angry:

It's not me. But you can have me anytime.

It's not me. But you can have me anytime.

nicolas-cage-laughing-gif.gif

Should I buy a 770 @ 300€ or wait for the 870?