Underrated products that are actually Good

CyanOG

Another thread called overrated products that are bad gave me the idea to make this and in my opinion the most underrated product I can think of are Nexus smartphones the general public is never seen walking with one even though they are a good deal its only us knowledgeable techies who know what's up.

So what are your products?

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

So what are your products?

Do I really have to tell you or can you just guess what's there?

Nanoxia cases, people are looking at quiet optimized cases and often skip the German company that brought you designs like the R4.

Cooler Master fans have a decent selection, for both quietness, airflow and pressure, they are not outstanding fans but are often found very cheap. Same happens with fans made by Arctic.

mac computers.

apple earpods(awful compared to IEMs but blow away earbuds for those who need a compact earphone but can't stand anything in their ear canal.)

Plasma TVs

AH-VA panel monitors. them deep blacks tho

budget sound cards (for the signal processing or discrete amps, not improved sound quality)

Bose QC15. 

a good trackpad for gestures is beautiful.

and for a non tech item: a good pair of colorful socks.

beats by dr dre

21deum0.jpg

oh u, I was looking for the black text on black theme and for a second I was like "wait is he srs"

A lot of Rosewill stuff is pretty underrated

Error: 410

beats by dr dre

tumblr_m6c8toaQkW1ryj6qoo1_500.gif

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

oh u, I was looking for the black text on black theme and for a second I was like "wait is he srs"

^^ someone wasn't quite so sharp

the earphones that come with the Samsung galaxy S3. The white ones. I am going through my third pair and I love them. The HP g10-519wm was a laptop I had that I got for $200 on black friday back in 2009. It lasted me 4 years and I tried to play games on it, I reinstalled the os like 5 times, and did so many things to it but it kept going.  

Alienware laptops, lots of luxary and amazing customer service.

No one underrates them, they are great laptops, just overpriced.

For work (definitely not gaming) i love the apple wired keyboard with numeric pad ($55). its flattish so your wrists dont get tired, and the keys just need a light tap, i can type (guesstimating here) about 20% faster and much much longer on it versus a logitech mk710, only trouble with switching between the two is it takes me about 5 or so minutes to readjust to the layout and tactile feels, so a few minutes of browsing before gaming helps.... but I still have slip ups. "Q! Q! why the frak isnt my Q key working. Oh...Sry."

I just wish apples wireless keyboard ($75) came with a numeric pad, i'd much prefer the wireless.. but the belkin yourtype numeric pad ($50) costs almost the same as the wired keyboard. I'd love if the magic trackpad gestures worked on win8 like it does on osx.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

the psp. i hear a ton of shit being spoken about that thing. i had one and loved the thing :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

OH so wrong...

Just so...

wrong

You don't think that the rest of the internet might be on to something?

The laptops might not be as bad, but the desktops.. eh

Error: 410

consoles, bunch of tech people say they are complete crap and stuff like that but they bring entertainment and fun which is what a console is supposed to do

person below me is a scrub

You don't think that the rest of the internet might be on to something?

The laptops might not be as bad, but the desktops.. eh

"no one under rates them"

That's where hes so fucking wrong...

All people do is trash alienware, no one recognizes the actual value of them until they actually buy one and get to use it and see how they compare to other companies laptops that skimp on shit.

Alienware stuff is powerful and pretty, but I'll admit maybe the price is a tad too high...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

All people do is trash alienware, no one recognizes the actual value of them until they actually buy one and get to use it and see how they compare to other companies laptops that skimp on shit.

People shit talk them because of the price. But being uneducated and calling something crap because you are following a hivemind doesn't really count as an 'underratement'.

Wow, you are awfully defensive of Alienware. So, how do you expect my cousin is doing with his $1500 i7 3770/8GB/256GB/GT 640 X51, built for gaming and priced higher than my personal rig, which normally destroys his in gaming performance.

Alienware make desktops and laptops -- no shit. I know for a fact that their laptops are well built, well priced and for the most part, well specced. But to say that others skimp and to not mention that Alienware do as well? Oh no no no, you make a fanboy-esque mistake there.

So, why don't Alienware make a thinner gaming laptop? Razer, MSI, ASUS (even thinner models coming soon) and Gigabyte all do, and most of them are quite good. Why don't any of their laptops have screen resolutions that exceed 1920x1080? Again, Razer and MSI have you covered. Those are both examples of skimping on features. Why don't the current Alienware 14, 17 or 18 use metal body components? Why plastic? That's skimping when it comes to build quality and durability.

There are some issues with design.

All devices have issues, even your precious Alienware laptops.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)