what if someone built s Supercomputer more powerful than Titan

AdsStan

The guys who account for .48% of the budget? 

I was thinking of blaming someone else...

well dont blame me i live in the UK

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

Not sure if joking...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

well dont blame me i live in the UK

Lol. Your not who I had in mind M8 ;)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Not sure if joking...

of course i am

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

Lol. Your not who I had in mind M8 ;)

ok phweww

Bapple \ '-' /

Titan hasn't been the top dog for a while now already if I recall.

true but who cares if you build a fission power plant next to it

Titan consumes 8.2MW - assuming the AMD equivalent uses twice as much, it doesn't require a fission plant to power it. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

You can't game on a super computer

I thought he was talking about the GTX Titan until I stopped being a dumbass.

The best super computers use the PowerPC architexture because of their computation and similation efficiency. Far better than x86.

They also use Telsa graphics cards for the same reason.

the super computers that do the Galactic collision and dark matter similations are playing host to literally 100 billion plus objects with at least 20 different quantum and relative phyisics variables

so thats 20x10^11 object computations required for one simulation action, but these need to simulate the movement of a galaxy with also a dark matter and a supermassibe blackhole, over the expanse of time of billions of years.

x86 can't handle those kinds of computations enmasse because they aren't directly designed to be superscalar and are originally designed to run as stand alone, where as POWER is superscalar and works best when run in parallel.

x86 arch processors are good at running consumer products and need a UNIX/Win distro to operate, which can hold them back, where as the POWER series CPUs run UNIX(LINUX) without excessive drivers, and have far greater multi threading than x86 series.

Power7/8 are insanely good at simulation and multithreaded mathematics computation, and blow x86 out of the water, which is why x86 isnt used in supercomputing.

Will it max out crysis ????

No, because it cant fucking install and play Crysis.

Don't asks stupid questions, and you aren't clever repeating everyone's little trope joke that's been worn out washed til the colors have faded and needs to be thrown in the trash.

No, because it cant fucking install and play Crysis.

Don't asks stupid questions, and you aren't clever repeating everyone's little trope joke that's been worn out washed til the colors have faded and needs to be thrown in the trash.

Wow some one woke up on the wrong side today. Calm down its a joke. Dont need to go postal.

Let see. Titan Z (the GPU) has 8122 Giga FLOPS Single Precision processing power.

That amount of FLOPS has been passed in 2001 by NEC Earth Simulator who had 35860 Giga FLOPS

So, it would be impossible to build your own supercomputer out of consumer parts.

However, it still is a lot smaller than the NEC Earth Simulator.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I have no clue what you said in OP. Or the title..

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

OP has no idea what a supercomputer is xD

No you cannot use desktop-grade processors in it.

No it is not a regular PC.

No you can't use AMD graphics cards because it becomes too difficult to manage the head output. Also the 290x doesn't have double precision, and performs worse than a gtx titan black.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

OP has no idea what a supercomputer is xD

No you cannot use desktop-grade processors in it.

No it is not a regular PC.

No you can't use AMD graphics cards because it becomes too difficult to manage the head output. Also the 290x doesn't have double precision, and performs worse than a gtx titan black.

i put 295x2

Bapple \ '-' /