what if someone built s Supercomputer more powerful than Titan

AdsStan

what if someone made a supercomputer more powerful than Titan. useing  AMD R9 295X2 or 

AMD FirePro S9150 and AMD FX-9590's. so much power :o .

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

"Supercomputer"

Oh you're talking about the Titan Super computer at the Oak Ridge lab. Nvm Thought you meant the freaking graphics card.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

wait what?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Talk about being inefficient....There's a reason they think through exactly what components to string together for those supercomputers. Namely, so the facility doesn't kill the entire power grid.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

what?

you confused or stunned?

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

Talk about being inefficient....There's a reason they think through exactly what components to string together for those supercomputers. Namely, so the facility doesn't kill the entire power grid.

its not like someone will actually do this

Bapple \ '-' /

"Supercomputer"

Oh you're talking about the Titan Super computer at the Oak Ridge lab. Nvm Thought you meant the freaking graphics card.

yes

Bapple \ '-' /

yes

You had me worried a bit hahaha

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

You had me worried a bit hahaha

if the card was more powerful than holy smokes Titan will nee an upgrade hahaha

Bapple \ '-' /

China super computer

http://english.cntv.cn/2014/06/24/VIDE1403559722565941.shtml

http://www.top500.org/system/177999

#1 in world

other than Hidden us government ones

The Titan is the most powerful *confirmed*

Bapple \ '-' /

damn, im sure the us Gov. has some hidden.

Then.... it would get more FPS. I don't know what you are asking. Also Firepro isn't a gaming card

damn, im sure the us Gov. has some hidden.

they probably do they might be testing ctOS wait what i did not say anything about testing ctOS  :ph34r:

Bapple \ '-' /

Then.... it would get more FPS. I don't know what you are asking. Also Firepro isn't a gaming card

do you know what the Titan is?

Bapple \ '-' /

I suppose if someone built one, there would be another very powerful computer around for pretty intense computational analysis. 

I guess I missed the point OP. Are you just pissed that the most powerful computer on the planet isn't AMD based?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I suppose if someone built one, there would be another very powerful computer around for pretty intense computational analysis. 

I guess I missed the point OP. Are you just pissed that the most powerful computer on the planet isn't AMD based?

not really but if it was everyone will see that AMD is awsome

Bapple \ '-' /

Tianhe-2 is almost twice as fast as "Titan"

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

not really but if it was everyone will see that AMD is awsome

I am really not about the AMD hate, I ran an AMD CPU for years.

The problem with an AMD supercomputer is efficiency. Power consumption gets to be a really really big deal when you have ten thousand processors, Nvidia lends itself better to that type of use.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Tianhe-2 is almost twice as fast as "Titan"

it carnt be

Bapple \ '-' /

it carnt be

Compare specs Seems like it is.

it carnt be

Well then you're one of those guys who can't accept that China wins. A lot.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

it carnt be

it is is also larger in size. one factor conrtitubing.

I am really not about the AMD hate, I ran an AMD CPU for years.

The problem with an AMD supercomputer is efficiency. Power consumption gets to be a really really big deal when you have ten thousand processors, Nvidia lends itself better to that type of use.

true but who cares if you build a fission power plant next to it

Bapple \ '-' /