"New Microsoft Project Makes Shakey Timelapse Video Watchable"

TopWargamer

It looks just like the 'steadying' that YouTube does, filled with anomalies and artifacts.

I dislike these technologies, I'm a fan of smooth camera work myself.

Go ahead and climb a cliff while holding a GoPro perfectly steadily and come back with a time-lapse video that matches its smoothness while providing "good enough for the average consumer" quality. This isn't meant for production use (although using a steadier and higher quality camera setup, it theoretically can be considering the algorithm they use is very flexible), its meant for everyday people who take videos with their google glasses, or GoPros or smart phones and point&shoot cameras so they can share with their friends and families.

Build 1: CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.7 GHz, GPU: GTX 660 Ti, Mobo: Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, RAM: 8GB Samsung "wonder ram" @ 2133 Storage: SanDisk Extreme 240GB

Build 2: CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz GPU: GTX 780, Mobo: Asus z87-Pro RAM: Same as build 1. Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

NAS: FreeNAS running on core 2 Quad Q8400, 8GB RAM, 6 x Seagate 2TB. Dont bother with SanDisk SSD's, just don't.

VirtualDub + Deshaker is IMHO the best approach for steady videos. Both tools are free, but for good results it requires a bit more manual adjustment.

Definitely looks pretty good! 

Cheers, 

76561198017066660.png