should I spend for a 770 or crossfire?

Blair

I am really missing the Nvidia drivers. I also want more power. I was thinking of maybe saving and waiting on a deal for a 4GB GTX 770 or maybe just spending another $179 and crossfire the R9 270. I know the 770 would be less heat. But two R9 270's should not be too warm. But then I am also afraid of the 2GB limit. I can't understand why in crossfire both cards can't provide double the V-ram. That is ridiculous running two cards without getting double the V-ram too. I think they should change that.

CPU: Intel i5 3470@3.8ghz, Motherboard: Biostar TZ77A, Ram: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600, GPU: EVGA SC GTX 970 ACX 2.0 , PSU: Corsair CX600, Case: Antec 300, OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64

I would just get the GTX770 because theres so many cool features on nvidias side :D e.g nvidia experiance and with the 4GB's it will be able to handle everything you throw at it, hope this helps 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

I am really missing the Nvidia drivers. I also want more power. I was thinking of maybe saving and waiting on a deal for a 4GB GTX 770 or maybe just spending another $179 and crossfire the R9 270. I know the 770 would be less heat. But two R9 270's should not be too warm. But then I am also afraid of the 2GB limit. I can't understand why in crossfire both cards can't provide double the V-ram. That is ridiculous running two cards without getting double the V-ram too. I think they should change that.

Unless you game on triple 1080p monitor or 1440p and higher you do not have to worry about the VRAM at all. If you really want a good upgrade with 4GB of VRAM you should just get the Sapphire Tri-x R9 290.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

the crossfire will be more powerful than the 770 but if you do SLi in te future it will be way more powerful

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

The 270 is enough for now, I would wait for next gen.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

As Linus always says: 1 more powerful GPU is better than two lesser GPU's in crossfire/SLI. The ram shouldn't limit you, most people seriously overestimate the amount of vram they need. 

Personally I would go with the 770, or wait for the upcoming 800 series next month; you would have more room to upgrade by putting another in 2 way SLI later on.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

The 270 is enough for now, I would wait for next gen.

This^. In reality, unless you need more power, RIGHT NOW, then go ahead. But honestly, why do you need a 760 or another 270?

I have crossfire 7870's and I would love a 780ti/290x, but with how close(couple of months) the next gen GPU's are, I'm waiting since I don't need more power right now. I would like more power, but buying a 780ti now would be a waste for me.

crossfire

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This^. In reality, unless you need more power, RIGHT NOW, then go ahead. But honestly, why do you need a 760 or another 270?

I have crossfire 7870's and I would love a 780ti/290x, but with how close(couple of months) the next gen GPU's are, I'm waiting since I don't need more power right now. I would like more power, but buying a 780ti now would be a waste for me.

That profile pic looks like my old Hamster Hambone.

But are they really about to push new GPU's? The last of the R9's just came out in november of 2013. That was not that long ago. And the 295X2 in april 2014, Still feels like yesterday when the 600 series was new. Can't it just slow down and improve on games instead? And let us mid rangers feel better about our hardware. LOL

CPU: Intel i5 3470@3.8ghz, Motherboard: Biostar TZ77A, Ram: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600, GPU: EVGA SC GTX 970 ACX 2.0 , PSU: Corsair CX600, Case: Antec 300, OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64

That profile pic looks like my old Hamster Hambone.

But are they really about to push new GPU's? The last of the R9's just came out in november of 2013. That was not that long ago. And the 295X2 in april 2014, Still feels like yesterday when the 600 series was new. Can't it just slow down and improve on games instead? And let us mid rangers feel better about our hardware. LOL

800 series will be released in a matter of hours according to the "feels like yesterday when the 600 series was new" statement. lol it'll be worth the wait because AMD cards will be price dropped... meaning maybe a 290 for you for the price of a 770.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

800 series will be released in a matter of hours according to the "feels like yesterday when the 600 series was new" statement. lol it'll be worth the wait because AMD cards will be price dropped... meaning maybe a 290 for you for the price of a 770.

That would be nice. But a 290 would kill my CX600 LOL

That would be nice. But a 290 would kill my CX600 LOL

I could run a 290 on my Cx500 watt. 600 watts will be more than enough

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Look at the Saphire Dual-X R9 280 on Newegg for $209.99! That is one Hexx of a deal! Basically a overclocked 7950 for $200 bucks. If I can sale my 270 at a decent price I will jump on it. Just hope it fits in a Antec 300, I remember the longest card ever in my case was a reference 5850 and it barley fit. May have to move the cage and the hard drives.

I think I will just Crossfire then. I already got a 270 and another $179 should not hurt me too much right? I just hope crossfire makes use of the V-ram on both cards to at'least let me run the badly optimized games like Watch Dogs on Ultra. And since my current 270 never goes past 58c the temps should hopefully not change much either right?. I have decent air flow, But the second card will block the flow to the side a little, It will be a challange. I could replace the 120 on the side with a 140 maybe.

I would love to see current benchmarks of the R9 270 in crossfire, Since it is priced so low and recently just came out you would think reviewers would be all over testing them in crossfire. I wonder if Nvidia paid them off? LOL just kidding Green fans, I actually like Nvidia as much as I do AMD. I stil have my old PNY 9800 GTX+ and My MSI GTX 650 Ti. Both of those cards served me well and are in there boxes sitting on my shelf just incase they are needed again.

I think I will just Crossfire then. I already got a 270 and another $179 should not hurt me too much right? I just hope crossfire makes use of the V-ram on both cards to at'least let me run the badly optimized games like Watch Dogs on Ultra. And since my current 270 never goes past 58c the temps should hopefully not change much either right?. I have decent air flow, But the second card will block the flow to the side a little, It will be a challange. I could replace the 120 on the side with a 140 maybe.

I would love to see current benchmarks of the R9 270 in crossfire, Since it is priced so low and recently just came out you would think reviewers would be all over testing them in crossfire. I wonder if Nvidia paid them off? LOL just kidding Green fans, I actually like Nvidia as much as I do AMD.

i noticed a major problem with your board

according to the spec

1 x PCI-E x16 3.0 Slot (supported by Core i5 -3xxx / Core i7 3xxx CPU)
1 x PCI-E x16 2.0 Slot (x4)

the second slot is way slower than the first slot

any GPU will be limited by the slow bandwidth of the x4 speeds

it running just as fast as PCI-E 1.0 X8

you may get worse performance then single GPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Both slots are GEN3, So if the two slow both down to X8 it will still be the same as GEN2 X16

Nope you are right, The second is GEN2 and says PCI-E x16 2.0 Slot (x4)

Well scratch that idea, I will just keep this R9 270 until the Nvidia 800 series comes out and after the prices go down. I will look into it more first, I can't seem to find a review on the TZ77A board though.