What has been your favourite piece of tech?

Humble Bee

I was just wondering what piece of Tech has amazed you the most, it need not be a new piece of tech, or even be in mass-production / or available to the general public yet.  

For me I can't wait for project Ara, as I can't wait to have a custom built phone with the feature I want only.

If only we all could afford 8 SSD's in Raid 0  :wub:

3D Printers that make food.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

4D monitor :D

Well, it'd be 3D printing cars, downloading 'em and...

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

The MIT camera that can turn vibrations from sound waves into sound. Basically there is something vibrating from noise and the camera is pointed at it. Turns that into sound. Video coming soon.

EDIT:

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Gameboy Color. It shaped my childhood and I fell off of a balcony because of it (stole it from my sister as a 2 year old and squeezed myself through the bars of the balcony. No clue why.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

A computer.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Motorola Moto G

Back in 2003 I got my first colourscreen phone, the Nokia 3510i, that was pretty cool. The thing had polyphonic ringtones and java games, too!

In a sort of way, 4D monitors can be bought. Not monitors specifically, but you could make a 4D setup for specific games.

Gameboy Color. It shaped my childhood and I fell off of a balcony because of it (stole it from my sister as a 2 year old and squeezed myself through the bars of the balcony. No clue why.

HERMES THINK ABOUT YOUR MONWICHES! DON'T DO IT!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

HERMES THINK ABOUT YOUR MONWICHES! DON'T DO IT!

I'll do it for the wife, Labarbara. Oh, and dwight. I just need to stamp this form 5 times or I'll go down to Rank 38. I really am a nerd.

3D printers making 3D printers

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Favourite single piece of I own: MX Performance

Had it for over 2 years now I (I think) and still going strong

Favourite piece of tech I desire would be between a project Ara phone decked out exactly the way I want or a 3D Printer.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

if unreleased tech qualified, than the oculus rift of course, or 3d printers that can self replicate before they wear out.

what has been my favorite piece of tech would definitely be my LG G2. such a great phone for people like me with big hands and hate phones covered in buttons.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I don't think you know how dimensions work...

Batteries, Not sure if it is tech, but they made a lot of amazing things possible! And you use them all the time, remote, car, pc,... They all use it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Possibly the recon jet, as it's like the sportspersons equivalent of google glass, which is useful for me.

Otherwise, I'd say something like the original iPhone due to it being a game changer, or, if I can get away with it, the Hubble space telescope or ISS. Because space is bloody awesome.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

any graphics card that is capable of running crysis 3 at 60+ fps

My iPhone. After using Android for years, I was amazed at how much faster and fluid they are compared to Android phones after years of tech nerds mocking them on forums just like this  ;) It was night and day going from the Note II to a 5S.