Inncorect PC Myths?

NeatSquidYT

I have more... Wanna see?

I dread to think. This sounds like the bad introduction to a p0rno...

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I bought it so its the only viable solution for you no matter if there's something better.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

MOAR MEGAPIXELS, they are the only thing that counts in cameras

Macs don't get viruses

there must be a reason if linux is free, it must be worse than windows

192khz makes all the difference in sound (except you can't hear it and it's only useful for post production lol)

lithium ion batteries loose capacity if you charge them when they aren't fully out of energy or don't charge them to the maximum

you need thousands of $$$ to build a pc that can game

you can't have a pc in your living room

SPREAD DAT THERMAL PASTE, COVER THE WHOLE DIE BEFORE YOU SLAP ON THE COOLER (guy who thinks he knows what he's talking about)

more cores = better, meaning that a phenom ii x6 is better than an i7 4790k

higher clock speed = better, meaning fx9590 > everything

thread = core

vram makes a big difference in performance in low end graphics cards

you need a degree to use linux

and now the big one:

gt 610s are great cards and are worth 70 euros

post-42239-0-48875700-1407363750_thumb.j

(took that picture yesterday at a local bigass retailer, the 630 under it was 100 euros)

post-42239-0-48875700-1407363750_thumb.j

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

sorry for being unclear. As for the vagueness, I was referring to older CPUs @ 4ghz being "better" than an i5 @ 3.6ghz

same with the "more cores" thing.

as for the GPUs, I've heard scrubs argue that their 750 is better than a 670 because it's a higher number.

Ah, thought so. :P

Yeah, those types are on the nubby side.

Could you give me an example? I love hearing stupid things.

Basically using phrases like "more gigabytes" and other things that seem impressive to someone who doesn't know any better. :P

Also the whole pronouncing "wifi" as "wiffy" is always great.

gt 610s are great cards and are worth 70 euros

attachicon.gif05082014509.jpg

(took that picture yesterday at a local bigass retailer, the 630 under it was 100 euros)

The 610 is awesome! @terrytek , this guy is dissing the 610!

Could you give me an example? I love hearing stupid things.

When my sister was buying her macbook the tech said "you know OS X is going to be secure because it's based on Linux"

I was like "No, it's based on Unix"

he said "yeah, and Unix is based on Linux"

I said "no. Linux is similar to Unix, but Unix was made first and Linux was developed as an alternative OS."

He tried telling me I didn't know what I was talking about.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

AMD graphics cards overheat too much..... 

NVIDIA is the best xoxooxxo

When my sister was buying her macbook the tech said "you know OS X is going to be secure because it's based on Linux"

I was like "No, it's based on Unix"

he said "yeah, and Unix is based on Linux"

I said "no. Linux is similar to Unix, but Unix was made first and Linux was developed as an alternative OS."

He tried telling me I didn't know what I was talking about.

Please tell me this was an Apple Store "Genius" :D

Razer makes the best keyboards and mice.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Please tell me this was an Apple Store "Genius" :D

no, Best Buy.

I tried getting a job there, but apparently they wanted people "more experienced and knowledgable with computers"

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

• GPU VRAM is linearly proportional to performance. E.G. 1024MB VRAM GPU's are twice as good as a 512MB card.

720p makes no difference for audio quality on youtube (it's just pixels)

The more thermal paste the better

bits == bytes

X GB harddrive actually is X GB (GiB VS GB and all that jazz)

As long as camera X has more megapixels than Camera Y, it's better

Processor X and Y both have the same amount of GHz so they're just as fast

no, Best Buy.

I tried getting a job there, but apparently they wanted people "more experienced and knowledgable with computers"

Translation: We wants salesmen who are good at bullshitting, not an actual tech.

Console peasants are talking about "i dnt wtn to p4y $10o0o to pl4y gmez at 108p in 60fos lul consule r mstrer raec" when people are building $500 and $600 PCs that play games in 1080p at at least 40 FPS

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Not sure if this is actually a myth or not, but apparently PC's in black cases run hotter then PC's in white cases

If anything at all it would be because the color black absorbs more energy from sunlight while white reflects the most. So if your pc was in sunlight it might make a difference.

Opinions.... I prefer 7

The problem is mainstream users only see the stock apps and GUI, for powerusers Windows 8.1 is so much faster, secure and advanced.

You can compare it with cars, many people prefer having a nice customized classic car, but it's old and undeveloped and with limited support, for driving from home to work it's good enough and works for you; but saying it's better than a new just released model with a much better and faster engine is not a matter of opinion.

Alienware is the best PC in the world.

Less hard drive space=slow pc

Delete everything.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Ethernet cables are better than Wi-Fi. Especially in games like BF4.

Ethernet is actually so much better than wifi for whenever you don't need portability.

Ethernet cables are better than Wi-Fi. Especially in games like BF4.

but that's true.

In BF4, if your ping is good and your bandwith doesn't suck they are

<le img>

Equally.

Wifi is unreliable and is a bitch when it comes to unexpected interference. Also, it's less prone to slowing down due to other devices in the house using the internet at the same time (in my experience). Touché. Also, it's a hell of a lot faster.

Don't get me wrong,

After I pulled my ethernet cable through my wall and connected it, there is NO way in that I'm ever going back.

It is far superior for downloading, browsing, multi tasking, it's better, really.

But what I cannot stand is people pointing at others and they say : LOOK! HE HAS [insert thing I don't have and that is inferior or way OP than my current solution]

LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH!