Hacking?

EmeraldKiwi

So I seemed to have pissed off a guy on Battlefield 4 enough so that he found my mom's name, which I believe is linked to my Origin account information. I have no idea how he did it, and I'm a little concerned because he threatened to DDoS me... I know he hacks Battlefield 4 because me and my friend spectated him and watched him snap to other players' heads. He would also run around as as the Medic class and place down ammo packs somehow. What should I do if I think he is going to 'hack' me? I know it sounds slightly stupid, but I'm am sincerely concerned that he could get into my mom's credit info and my Skype info and eventually my IP. Any advice?

This is coming from someone  who has DOX'd (extracted private information including family members/records, company providers, house address, numberplates) and DDoS'd ( Deliberate. Denial. of. Service. Shutting someones internet off by sending packets of data into their router causing it to overflow and shut off) but stopped.

Firstly let me start by saying if he gets your Mum's credit card info (which is complete horseshit) this guy will be in a lot of trouble, I suggest giving information on him to Origin Staff. Also, if this guy manages to get your skype ID, which isn't particularly handy, he will only be able to obtain your IP which will allow him to DoS you if which might shut off your internet but it will come back online in a few minutes and DoXing has really know point to it and it is also very hard to pull off in some cases.

If you are actually worried about this guy (which you shouldn't be) get in contact with someone about it, DDoSing is actually a federal crime here in Australia so I assume it is for you too, but all of these things are unreliable at times and don't work. I suggest you also get a VPN (Virtual IP) so it changes and he cannot get your information. When it come to him hacking you, I wouldn't worry, there are script kiddies online talking shit about how they can hack stuff but actually they just got a usb, stuck it into their computer and got hacks. 

OP, just don't egg this guy on, he can't do anything to you and is probably just mad at you about something. Just continue playing the game normally and don't be associated with these people.  

(P.S Obtaining someones IP actually is completely legal).

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

ddosing is only going to hack your "IP" he might know how to view what your doing just change your IP once in a while

you might want to block him, change your username on origin

it's frustrating to get the ip from skype, just change it after he does it, then he'll stop

Sorry to say but it is ridiculously easy to get someone's ip through skype, all you have to do is resolve their username. 

Which can't be changed. Sorry if I took this the wrong way though, just can't be thinking the wrong thing as I wan't people to understand how these things work.

IT'S CLEARLY A FUCKING JOKE. 105,000 Mbps IS PROBABLY CLOSE TO AS MUCH AS THE CITY GETS. GET A CLUE. Some guy found my IP on Xbox Live, so I found his and used every computer in my school district (about 1,500 to 2,000 computers total, with about 50-70Mbps uploads each) and DDoSed him (with help from my friends, since I wasn't sure how to).

Yeah. I fucked his day up.

So you DDoS some guy for finding you IP which is completely legal to obtain? You sir are a douchebag. A law-breaking douchebag.

Call him and track his location When you get to him,scare the shit outta him.

Great, let's just do the exact damn thing the OP is getting scared about. So you're implying if someone shoots someone, you automatically have the right to shoot them?

UH+OH+RETARD+ALERT+TUMBLR+CANCER+SPOTED+

Umm, dynamic IP?!?!?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I choose the option of not giving a shit what some punk in a video game has to say and go about my normal business.

This is coming from someone  who has DOX'd (extracted private information including family members/records, company providers, house address, numberplates) and DDoS'd ( Deliberate. Denial. of. Service. Shutting someones internet off by sending packets of data into their router causing it to overflow and shut off) but stopped.

Firstly let me start by saying if he gets your Mum's credit card info (which is complete horseshit) this guy will be in a lot of trouble, I suggest giving information on him to Origin Staff. Also, if this guy manages to get your skype ID, which isn't particularly handy, he will only be able to obtain your IP which will allow him to DoS you if which might shut off your internet but it will come back online in a few minutes and DoXing has really know point to it and it is also very hard to pull off in some cases.

If you are actually worried about this guy (which you shouldn't be) get in contact with someone about it, DDoSing is actually a federal crime here in Australia so I assume it is for you too, but all of these things are unreliable at times and don't work. I suggest you also get a VPN (Virtual IP) so it changes and he cannot get your information. When it come to him hacking you, I wouldn't worry, there are script kiddies online talking shit about how they can hack stuff but actually they just got a usb, stuck it into their computer and got hacks. 

OP, just don't egg this guy on, he can't do anything to you and is probably just mad at you about something. Just continue playing the game normally and don't be associated with these people.  

(P.S Obtaining someones IP actually is completely legal).

...Deliberate? I'm sorry? No. It's "Distributed Denial of Service." because it's distributed to a botnet. Furthermore, no shit it's illegal. Doxing isn't illegal if you don't use illegal means. Continuing on, Skype isn't that hard to put behind a VPN or proxy.

Lastly, edit. Not quadra-post. Thanks.

Sorry to say but it is ridiculously easy to get someone's ip through skype, all you have to do is resolve their username. 

Which can't be changed. Sorry if I took this the wrong way though, just can't be thinking the wrong thing as I wan't people to understand how these things work.

Then make sure you give them accurate information.

So you DDoS some guy for finding you IP which is completely legal to obtain? You sir are a douchebag. A law-breaking douchebag.

You used to do it. Who's the douchebag now? I'm sure you have a whole list of oh so shitty reasons of doing it. Spoiler alert: It's not acceptable for any reason whatsoever. Fuck your list.

...Deliberate? I'm sorry? No. It's "Distributed Denial of Service." because it's distributed to a botnet. Furthermore, no shit it's illegal. Doxing isn't illegal if you don't use illegal means. Continuing on, Skype isn't that hard to put behind a VPN or proxy.

Lastly, edit. Not quadra-post. Thanks.

Then make sure you give them accurate information.

You used to do it. Who's the douchebag now? I'm sure you have a whole list of oh so shitty reasons of doing it. Spoiler alert: It's not acceptable for any reason whatsoever. Fuck your list.

Making a few mistakes because of sleep deprivation.. geez and you really should consider being courteous to other people and respecting their thoughts. I actually did DDoS/DOX work for a company to test fault lines in their servers and it was not for personal use.  I also told him it was illegal because the OP seemed to not know much on the topic so I was trying to help. It's not acceptable for any reason? Right, okay mate.

Spoiler Alert: You're a c**t.

Look man.Law is just another name if shit.You have the right to protect yourself and your family by any means necessary.If I were you and threatened by a person,I would have shot him and buried his body provided that he was going to shoot or shot me(on the leg or arm obviously).

I can see your side this but here in Australia, our laws are different and in turn I would have a somewhat different approach to the situation. I do indeed however respect your opinion.

Great, let's just do the exact damn thing the OP is getting scared about. So you're implying if someone shoots someone, you automatically have the right to shoot them?

UH+OH+RETARD+ALERT+TUMBLR+CANCER+SPOTED+

Look man.Law is just another name if shit.You have the right to protect yourself and your family by any means necessary.If I were you and threatened by a person,I would have shot him and buried his body provided that he was going to shoot or shot me(on the leg or arm obviously).

So I seemed to have pissed off a guy on Battlefield 4 enough so that he found my mom's name, which I believe is linked to my Origin account information. I have no idea how he did it, and I'm a little concerned because he threatened to DDoS me... I know he hacks Battlefield 4 because me and my friend spectated him and watched him snap to other players' heads. He would also run around as as the Medic class and place down ammo packs somehow. What should I do if I think he is going to 'hack' me? I know it sounds slightly stupid, but I'm am sincerely concerned that he could get into my mom's credit info and my Skype info and eventually my IP. Any advice?

Just record him and rat him out to Origin. Let your mom know what has happened so she would be warned and know what to do before something happens. Also, let this be a lesson about the internet....stop putting your personal information that you want to say private on it.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Just record him and rat him out to Origin. Let your mom know what has happened so she would be warned and know what to do before something happens. Also, let this be a lesson about the internet....stop putting your personal information that you want to say private on it.

So true words you said.Also never put your real details on any social websites.If he really threatens you,recored the logs and give them to the police

You sir are a douchebag that clearly can't understand a joke. If you would have looked closely, you would have seen all of the fucking inconsistencies in that story.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

IT'S CLEARLY A FUCKING JOKE. 105,000 Mbps IS PROBABLY CLOSE TO AS MUCH AS THE CITY GETS. GET A CLUE. Some guy found my IP on Xbox Live, so I found his and used every computer in my school district (about 1,500 to 2,000 computers total, with about 50-70Mbps uploads each) and DDoSed him (with help from my friends, since I wasn't sure how to).

Yeah. I fucked his day up.

if this is a joke it isnt funny, if this is a true story then its bullshit

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

if this is a joke it isnt funny, if this is a true story then its bullshit

It's not supposed to be funny...

My god people. Why the hell is it so fucking hard to grasp that it's meant to sound like complete bullshit?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's not supposed to be funny...

My god people. Why the hell is it so fucking hard to grasp that it's meant to sound like complete bullshit?

why post it then, you posted it to try and sound smart and like some badman ddoser then someone proves you wrong, you say its a joke and now you're saying it isnt even a joke...

i swear all you ever post on this forum has the truth inflated by atleast 100%

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

why post it then, you posted it to try and sound smart and like some badman ddoser then someone proves you wrong, you say its a joke and now you're saying it isnt even a joke...

i swear all you ever post on this forum has the truth inflated by atleast 100%

I intended for it to be a fucking joke. But apparently people can't fucking read sarcasm. So please, go fuck yourself, or leave me the fuck alone.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

I believe most routers have a DDoS protection built in but don't quote me on that.

Also obtaining and using someone else's credit card info is a crime.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I intended for it to be a fucking joke. But apparently people can't fucking read sarcasm. So please, go fuck yourself, or leave me the fuck alone.

stop swearing, you previously said it wasnt a joke so more contradictory stuff. anyway, stop trying to prove yourself as some big time techie and stop getting so angry, maybe go outside

stop swearing, you previously said it wasnt a joke so more contradictory stuff. anyway, stop trying to prove yourself as some big time techie and stop getting so angry, maybe go outside

When did I say it wasn't a joke?

And I'm not trying to be some "bit time techie." Where the hell are you getting this crap?

I believe most routers have a DDoS protection built in but don't quote me on that.

Also obtaining and using someone else's credit card info is a crime.

Most of the newer ones do, as I recall.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

You're calculation for the speed is wayyy off, it's quite amusing actually.

It's quite amusing that you think he wasn't being hyperbolic. :)

THAT is amusing xD

It's quite amusing that you think he wasn't being hyperbolic. :)

THAT is amusing xD

I never actually believed him.....

I did,but not to full extent though. :o

Nor did I. I never respond to these posts on the off chance they are making an extremely poor joke.