AMD is really falling behind NVIDIA

ContemplatingBeluga

Ya right that's why as I pointed out earlier that the 770 consumes moire power and has increased performance over the 680. More power more performance period.

Even tho the 680 made the 28nm die, the chip designs are different. A year difference in release dates can do that. Thanks for playing.

Perhaps some of us are into supporting the gaming industry not corporate cock suckers.

Nvidia are corporate cocksuckers.

Sucking their shareholders at the expense of the industry.

Are you blindly in need of details? ask for them.

You gave up on defending your previous argument, not that I care.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

i prefer nvidia but thats just me

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

same price amd gpu will wipe out nvida contender... yep nvidia have better app software and marketing that makes ppl think they r better... but buy same price gpu from nvidia and amd and plug it in ur pc and run game... amd will run better and give u more fps... so if u ask me, if u dont plan on streaming amd is better than nvidia... and dont go with power consumption on nvidia is better. 50w difference will not save ur budget...

Nvidia are corporate cocksuckers.

Sucking their shareholders at the expense of the industry.

Are you blindly in need of details? ask for them.

You gave up on defending your previous argument, not that I care.

That AMD has brought so much value to the gaming industry without the use of stooges is quite an accomplishment.

Well considering the 290X outperforms both the Titan and 780 in most games, you look like a fool.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz, 1.3v with Corsair H100i - Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z97 MAX AC - RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares @ 2133 - GPU1: Sapphire Radeon R9-290X BF4 Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 GPU2: PowerColor Radeon R9-290X OC Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 - SSD: 256GB OCZ Agility 4 - HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ- PSU: SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300w  - Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) - Case fans: NZXT Blue LED Fans- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Gaming Keyboard - Mouse: Logitech G600 - Heaphones: Logitech G930 - Monitors: ASUS PB287Q and Acer G246HYLbd -  Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Even tho the 680 made the 28nm die, the chip designs are different. A year difference in release dates can do that. Thanks for playing.

It's the same GPU as the 680 just a re badge and minor enhancements. aka a fully functional 680 not crippled.

Best thread ever :D .

That´s more like a war between AMD and nVidia lovers. I would really like to know if the guys that work for these companies hate each other with the same passion that you guys do :) .

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

That´s more like a war between AMD and nVidia lovers. I would really like to know if the guys that work for these companies hate each other with the same passion that you guys do :) .

Tom Peterson is the biggest troll. What a stooge. Look into his eyes if you dare LOL.

a battle between AMD and Nvidia Fanatics is like watching two people with blindfolds on try to throw darts at each other. all too often you get hit by the very idiot you might be inclined to side with.

and yes, AMD and nvidia reps do take shots at each other. just watch pcper videos with AMD/Nvidia reps as guests.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

a battle between AMD and Nvidia Fanatics is like watching two people with blindfolds on try to throw darts at each other. all too often you get hit by the very idiot you might be inclined to side with.

and yes, AMD and nvidia reps do take shots at each other. just watch pcper videos with AMD/Nvidia reps as guests.

That or the special Olympics of GPU fanboy's !

What have I done...

The sound off for the special Olympics GPU edition !

It's the same GPU as the 680 just a re badge and minor enhancements. aka a fully functional 680 not crippled.

Yea, not the same. Design over wattage.

And arguing that they're the same is worse. Adding voltage when comparing truly identical GPUs can increase performance? NO WAY! Magic!

Yea, not the same. Design over wattage.

And arguing that they're the same is worse. Adding voltage when comparing truly identical GPUs can increase performance? NO WAY! Magic!

Ya GTX 770/680 more voltage MORE performance wow.

Ya GTX 770/680 more voltage MORE performance wow.

Some people don't care about heat output. I like it as it's an indicator of high performance. More heat, more power consumption, more performance ... "it's simple dynamics"

And the 290x vs 780ti or Titan Black? 300w vs 250w? Both are 28nm silicon, so which chip is better even at lower power?

I'll save you some time. Ignore the question and sidetrack with a cost argument, a 3gb vs 4gb argument, or apples to oranges argument.

I prefer Nvidia as they have lower heat output, power consumption, more stable drivers and i like their software suite. however, i would disagree with AMD really falling behind as its seriously a massive leap frogging game. This gen, the cards at each tier are pretty much neck and neck in performance. Nvidia always comes out with the most powerful card, then AMD comes out with a similar card, then drops the price, and now, they are the #1 recommendation. They both have about equal market share with Nvidia being slightly ahead. So no, AMD is not really falling behind as they both have their own pros and cons. Again, this is coming from a person who prefers Nvidia

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

amd used to be all about the price being cheaper because of reduced quality and not being as advanced as nvidia cards, nowdays they cost the same but the quality hasn't gone up, ive had nothing but trouble in all my years with ati/amd cards, just buy a GTX 770 and you'll be set is the way i think of it.

People who keep saying that:

Physx only runs on CPU

freesync=adaptive sync (the vesa standard)

Freesync (and even  adapt sync) is free and doesn't need any aditional hardware (new/recent gpu and DP1.2a)

AMD doesn't have a decent stream/capture app

Should not even ne fcking discussing this topic. The ammount of bad information that goes around here is too damn high.

ps: i might seem an nvidia fanboy here but i'm not. i own and owned amd gpu's for quite some years.

Did someone necrobump this or is this thread seriously still going..

Calm yourselves fanboys

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

And the 290x vs 780ti or Titan Black? 300w vs 250w? Both are 28nm silicon, so which chip is better even at lower power?

I'll save you some time. Ignore the question and sidetrack with a cost argument, a 3gb vs 4gb argument, or apples to oranges argument.

Two completely different architectures so again not apples to apples.

Two completely different architectures so again not apples to apples.

They're both 28nm silicon. Apples and apples. Nvidia did a better job in chip design (this round). Remember this is an AMD vs Nvidia thread.

Cores, frequency, bandwidth, these matter. Their byproduct (heat) indicates how efficient the design is. We have decades of examples in which chip designers have produced faster processors that consume less power.

No one looks at the TDP and thinks "wow this must be fast" when a direct competitor is producing something faster using less power.

Want to argue "simple dynamics" go start a 290x vs overclocked 290x thread...