Is a 3DS XL worth it?

xXButchXx

IM SO FREAKING EXCITED

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Git Gud.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AND MEGA SALAMENCE <3

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

Yes the 3DS XL is definately worth it. If you ever used a regular 3DS you will really appreciate the increased screen real estate and smoother, more curved corners. Great game library as well as the others have mentioned.

My 3DS XL is my $180 pokemon machine and it's worth every penny

no

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

AND MEGA SALAMENCE <3

MEGA METAGROSS

MY FAVORITE POKEMON

I CAN CALL IT MEGAGROSS

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Don't forget shovel knight.... For some reason I think this game is better on ds

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I got the original 3DS when OoT 3D came out and upgraded to the XL when I saw the special edition A Link Between Worlds version. Because.....

Aonuma_3DS-XL-1-590x393.jpg

The XL is quite a bit better. Ignoring all of the obvious reasons why (screen, battery etc) there are three big reasons why I prefer it. The stylus is easier to reach and isn't a retractable piece of crap. The bottom screen doesn't smudge the top screen when you close the unit unlike the original. Lastly the whole thing has almost a matte finish inside and out and is not a fingerprint magnet. Seriously, who's bright idea was it to make a portable gaming console glossy?

The only real counter point is that the original fits in your pocket more easily and doesn't look like a toy. But personally I'm more than happy to put up with that if I can play a game without wanting to constantly clean the area around the face buttons...

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

My 3DSXL is my favorite handheld.  I love it so much.  I haven't loved a nintendo handheld as much as this since my original Gameboy LIte.

Alright guys, I have found a 3DS XL on Kijiji for $140 Canadian. Do you think buying it is worth it if I'm just going to play pokemon X and Y, the new smash bros game, as well as the the new Ruby and Sapphire remakes? Personally I think it is as I grew up playing ruby and sapphire constantly, I think I have 150+ hours on my sapphire! But I would like to get your guys' opinions on it. ATM I only have a DS Lite

THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING?! F*CK YEAH BUY A 3DS!

Pokemon X/Y

Pokemon ORAS

Shin Megami Tensei 4

Super Smash Bros.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Fire Emblem: Awakening (psst, this one is pretty f*cking amazing)

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy

The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3d

Kingdon Hearts 3d

Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask 

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Super Mario 3d Land

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Bravely Default

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d

Star Fox 64 3d

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

TBA Monster Hunter 4

Resident Evil Revelations

MARIO KART 7 (PSSST, THIS IS ALSO REALLY F*CKING AMAZING)

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

AND NOT TO MENTION ALLLLLLL THE GAMES ON THE ESHOP

So the short answer is yes, you owe it to yourself to purchase this heveanly piece of hardware.

Well the regular 3DS seems to be better for portability, IMO the XL is just a little too big for mobile gaming, unless you don't plan on using it outside of your house very often. I haven't had either so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I also think that since the resolutions of the displays on both 3DS' are the same, the original 3DS would look better with a higher pixel density. The XL has a longer battery life, but I guess if you were travelling and needed longer battery life on any device you could carry a small battery bank in your backpack. Basically what it comes down to is what you value in a device and which features you would find more useful. Good luck with making the decision, let us know what you end up getting ☺.

FTFY

Why the hell did they move Monster Hunter over to the DS -.- it looked amazing on the PSP and was one of it's flagship titles. It would probably look like PS3 quality graphics if they continued it on the Vita

"Rawr XD"

I wouldn't get the XL. The normal 3DS maybe, but my friend has the XL and the pixel density of the screen is like.... three.

"Rawr XD"