Do Blu Ray Lasers Read Discs Faster?

MahtXL

So ive been playing a lot of PS2 games on my PS3 lately. And im just curious to know if the blu ray laser is reading the discs faster than an actual ps2 would? It just seems like the games loading faster, and there is far less "pop in" then i remember on the ps2, same disc mind you.  Just curious is all, no other reason.

Things id like to know-

Is the blu ray laser faster at reading any type of disc?
Is a blu ray drive more efficient and accurate when reading discs?
And finally with 4K coming out, what happens to 1080p blu ray movies now? Where do we go from here?

And thats about it. Google was no help here, because trying to phrase the question properly just came up with a bunch of random websites about blu rays vs dvds, which im not interested in. I just want to know if its reading my disc faster. :c

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

The only reason Blu Ray discs even exist is so that it can hold a whole HD film, or more, whereas DVD could only hold SD. I don't think they're more efficient, it's just they are read faster.

Also, I think 4K may be on Blu Rays when 4K films exist, but don't quote me on that... Also, DVDs aren't read faster in a Blu ray drive I believe...

No the only difference between the normal Lasers and Bluray lasers is the width of the beam.

(smaller width = smaller location its able to read by. Hence why Bluray disks can store much more data than a normal DVD)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I don't think read speeds would differ from normal cd's very much. The only real difference between normal cd's and blue ray is their storage density. They both essentially work by the same principle.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The blu ray laser doesn't read the PS2 discs at all, the PS3 has a red laser in it for doing that.

The blu ray drive in the PS3 is actually pretty slow, but not bad considering when it was released.

No the only difference between the normal Lasers and Bluray lasers is the width of the beam.

(smaller width = smaller location its able to read by. Hence why Bluray disks can store much more data than a normal DVD)

The only reason Blu Ray discs even exist is so that it can hold a whole HD film, or more, whereas DVD could only hold SD. I don't think they're more efficient, it's just they are read faster.

Also, I think 4K may be on Blu Rays when 4K films exist, but don't quote me on that... Also, DVDs aren't read faster in a Blu ray drive I believe...

The physical tracks and peaks on the disk are smaller and closer together. You can read more data from it without the disk moving as much.

A DVD wont load any faster if you put it in a blu ray drive.

Im not sure how bluray drives read DVDs, its probably got another laser and sensor inside for DVDs. If that is the case you are essentialy putting it inside a DVD drive.

Yes they can read faster, kind of, due to the larger in NA used in the finer beam of bluray, less power is required and thus the disc can spin slower, this gives a higher data capacity and faster read speed.

http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/#bluray_speed

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Nope, Not that much that it makes a huge difference 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Don't think it has anything to do with read speeds, but rather the hardware and process that takes place after the data is read from the disk.