Complaint: people who don't operate on logical choices

So a friend of mine is talking about a new pc he wants me to build a for MONTH now, he researched and asked me countless time, we have the perfect build.

THEN, the R9 290 Tri-X which he wants is out of stock and it says on the website they don't know when they will get it again.

So I find another website, same price, they do have it in stock and it's reliable 120%

'No' he tells me. I ask him why 'I want the Never Settle Gold bundle with it'

Okay, fine. I find out the vendor who does have them in stock also has the bundle with it.

'No' he tells me. And for no good reason he just doesn't want to order his PC now when 2 days ago he almost couldn't buy it anymore at all because of supposed money problems.

It HAS to be the same vendor for all the parts.

'I will wait a week until they have it again' and what if they don't have it then? 'I will wait another week'

FFS, I told him don't ask me things again until you ordered because I am done with you never actually buying the damn parts.

Pressed enter before finishing the post?

H8Rb525.png

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

What a dumbass.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So a friend of mine is talking about a new pc he wants me to build a for MONTH now, he researched and asked me countless time, we have the perfect build.

THEN, the R9 290 Tri-X which he wants is out of stock and it says on the website they don't know when they will get it again.

So I find another website, same price, they do have it in stock and it's reliable 120%

'No' he tells me. I ask him why 'I want the Never Settle Gold bundle with it'

Okay, fine. I find out the vendor who does have them in stock also has the bundle with it.

'No' he tells me. And for no good reason he just doesn't want to order his PC now when 2 days ago he almost couldn't buy it anymore at all because of supposed money problems.

It HAS to be the same vendor for all the parts.

'I will wait a week until they have it again' and what if they don't have it then? 'I will wait another week'

FFS, I told him don't ask me things again until you ordered because I am done with you never actually buying the damn parts.

Tell him to buy all the other parts. Then just buy the card when it's in stock (That way he's kinda forced to finish buying stuff...)

But, I feel your pain.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Sorry so you are slagging him because he has money problems? Why is this funny?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I don't get it, it's his money, his PC. He can do whatever he wants.

:/

Tell him to buy all the other parts. Then just buy the card when it's in stock (That way he's kinda forced to finish buying stuff...)

But, I feel your pain.

I can't, for reason he doesn't take me seriously, I don't know why.

He is stubborn as hell.

Sorry so you are slagging him because he has money problems? Why is this funny?

He doesn't have money problems, at all.

He supposedly HAD money problems, but those are resolved now so he can buy it, which he 'wants', he says.

complete idiot

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I don't get it, it's his money, his PC. He can do whatever he wants.

Then he has to stop bothering me for advice and share screen and all on Skype and making me believe he is actually going to order now.

Then he says 'no' because the card is out of stock. (which we both already knew, I assumed he would take another 290 from another brand)

idk man his money. you are just the builder. Customer is always right etc etc  :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I have one friend like that, everyday he spams my Skype with new builds even though he settled on the one I made for him the day before. One day I tell him "You don't need an i7 and 16GB RAM for gaming." He agrees and changes the parts, next day I see the new parts list and I see an i7 and 16GB RAM in there, I ask why and he goes to argue with me why it's better and why he needs it. 

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

idk man his money. you are just the builder. Customer is always right etc etc   :P

I just don't understand his completely illogical thought process.

The card and the rest of the build would be delivered on the same day too.

PLUS he can only take packages on friday, work on all other days.

So all the stars aligned to order it today, but no.

I have one friend like that, everyday he spams my Skype with new builds even though he settled on the one I made for him the day before. One day I tell him "You don't need an i7 and 16GB RAM for gaming." He agrees and changes the parts, next day I see the new parts list and I see an i7 and 16GB RAM in there, I ask why and he goes to argue with me why it's better and why he needs it. 

Oh this is the best. Happens so often.

The WoW player who says his "wow boddies said i7 is best for gaming" and he takes that advice over someone who's been building computers for 10 years...

I just don't understand his completely illogical thought process.

The card and the rest of the build would be delivered on the same day too.

PLUS he can only take packages on friday, work on all other days.

I do the same as him, even if it means waiting abit. the PC specs are done, what else can he bother you about?

The WoW player who says his "wow boddies said i7 is best for gaming" and he takes that advice over someone who's been building computers for 10 years...

Idiots, idiots everywhere....

I do the same as him, even if it means waiting abit. the PC specs are done, what else can he bother you about?

Because he could have his pc tomorrow instead of next week, there is absolutely no point in waiting. What don't you understand?

Because he could have his pc tomorrow instead of next week, there is absolutely no point in waiting. What don't you understand?

The reason why you care? It's not like it's your PC. Nothing wrong with what he is doing.

He actually listens to a man from a computer store which of course wants to milk money from him, heck, at first he said he needs a bloody 4930K for gaming and that CPU's lose a tiny bit of performance every day, and in approx. 3 years an average Intel CPU loses half of it's performance. All from the mouth of that guy. 

Glad he listened to me with this, that guy made him a €2200 build while I built something for €1500 which performs pretty much the same.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

The reason why you care? It's not like it's your PC. Nothing wrong with what he is doing.

Everything is wrong with what he is doing:

1. He has been hyping me up for no reason

2. There is no logical argument behind his decision

3. Next week another part could be out of stock, big chance actually.

4. He had an opportunity to order earlier, then almost lost all his PC money, luckily he didn't, but he complained to me while it was happening: Shit man I should have bought the parts then when I could. Meaning he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

He actually listens to a man from a computer store which of course wants to milk money from him, heck, at first he said he needs a bloody 4930K for gaming and that CPU's lose a tiny bit of performance every day, and in approx. 3 years an average Intel CPU loses half of it's performance. All from the mouth of that guy. 

Should have facepalmed so hard your nose would bleed.

To All the people wondering why @coolkingler1 Cares, and is annoyed?

Time = Money

He is taking OP's time, asking questions, wanting constant help, and then when he receives it, he doesn't act on it, and instead drags his feet, and asks more questions etc, all for no good reason.  Wasting OP's TIME that he could be using for a million other things (like, making money, or swimming, or playing games, or eating yummy food)