new PS4 vs new Xbox - the two have 8 cores ?

7850OC

The two are very similar, i think the real thing to determine the winner is the OS

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

8 cores in a console isn't really that surprising when you consider you can get 8 cores in a phone!

I understand. What i meant was, that back in the day, the console arms race was between which manufacturer had more bits. Whether it made a difference in terms of who had more or not is still debated. But the point is now the different manufacturers are showing off how many cores they have to sell their consoles.

I was just pointing out that they both happen to be 8. 8-bits from the past and 8 cores from today.

PC Specs

Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 32GB (8x4GB) | MSI GTX 980 +200MHz +200MHz | Corsair HX1050i PSU

Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Western Digital 2TB Green HDD | Corsair Carbide 500R Midtower | Random DVD Burner | Corsair H100 for CPU

I understand. What i meant was, that back in the day, the console arms race was between which manufacturer had more bits. Whether it made a difference in terms of who had more or not is still debated. But the point is now the different manufacturers are showing off how many cores they have to sell their consoles.

I was just pointing out that they both happen to be 8. 8-bits from the past and 8 cores from today.

Yeah, I get what you mean mate :).

IIRC the PS4's GPU is very similar to the 7850 whilst the Xbox one uses a 7790 counterpart.

The PS4 will definitely be a more purist gaming console, that's for sure.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.