how much do you think my car is worth? (Porsche 924 turbo)

aidenrelkoff

To start, i dont this any of this violates the CoC, because im not selling it on here.

So how much do you think its worth? i looked around and stuff a little, but i got lots of different answers.

specs:

2.0 L

top speed: 224 km/h

0-60: 5.9 seconds with turbo

its got only 79 191 km on the thing, which is quite low compared to others on the market.

post-45248-0-66170100-1406514139_thumb.j

post-45248-0-30096900-1406514151_thumb.j

post-45248-0-67643700-1406514159_thumb.j

post-45248-0-38778100-1406514172_thumb.j

post-45248-0-62502400-1406514181_thumb.j

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

People buy stuff this old? Holy crap...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What year? '79?

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

A restored 924 Turbo will go for £6000, so I'd say something like £2000 - 3000.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

its a 1980, and dude, it might be old, but i will be paying about 33$ of what you pay for insurance because its a colecters

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Will need a bit more info.

Does it run and drive?

Rust?

Is the engine ok?

Missing bits?

Recently saw a 924 non turbo in top condition on sale for about 1000 euros

Hammond payed 750 pounds for his non turbo 924 on top gear.

That should give you some idea of the price range i hope

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

What year? '79?

A restored 924 Turbo will go for £6000, so I'd say something like £3500($6000).

k cool, imma paint it black too because the green paint is flaking off in some places

Will need a bit more info.

Does it run and drive?

Rust?

Is the engine ok?

Missing bits?

Recently saw a 924 non turbo in top condition on sale for about 1000 euros

Hammond payed 750 pounds for his non turbo 924 on top gear.

That should give you some idea of the price range i hope

the exhaust manifold is cracked, but you know, imma fix the whole thing up and give it a paint job. although, no rust at all. no missing "bits"

k cool, imma paint it black too because the green paint is flaking off in some places

Damn, I was a year off.

Fully working? I saw the list @techswede asked for, that seems appropriate. Any other work on it that has been done, though?

As it is now, I would guess around $1200usd. If it's fully working and the interior isn't too bad.

edit: researched, I would comfortably say ~$4k USD/$4.3k CAD.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

DATSUN... I love them :D

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

~7K in USD

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

the exhaust manifold is cracked, but you know, imma fix the whole thing up and give it a paint job. although, no rust at all. no missing "bits"

That's the info i was looking for :)

Professional paint job? or are you going to do it.

Personally i'd probably offer 3000 for the car in good condition.

But a general rule that's good to keep in mind when selling a car is:

If selling - Keep expectations low but set the price a bit higher to allow some negotiation. If the buyer thinks he's walking away victorious you can count your profits and laugh when he's out of sight and happy with his victory.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That cars looks rekt, a very mint condition of that car with about 30k miles can sell for 7k, yours maybe 2k....

I hate vintage cars, they are so ugly.

tumblr_ltexn5wAAx1r4ftcko1_500.gif

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I hate vintage cars, they are so ugly.

and they hate you

You could just look up the blue book value and shave off a couple hundred.

Kelly black book only goes back to 2001

tumblr_ltexn5wAAx1r4ftcko1_500.gif

Literally...i died hahahah Jeremy always makes me happy :D

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

Had a '77 N/A 924 with a straight body, paid $450 for it. Running neat and turbo I might ask for $2500 and see what you get offered - less if you've got significant body damage or mechanical issues.

765f1e2da0.jpg

There's enthusiasts in the motorvehicle world who will pay more than what your house is worth for a chassis of an original '69 Shelby Mustang.

Don't flame me, i can be stupid sometimes. Just like other human beings.

Erm. I think you may have read into that too much. I simply posted a light-hearted GIF, that's not flaming. If I had called you a fucking twat that would have been flaming, but that's not how I roll.

maybe my sixth sense got it wrong again. thanks for generalizing.

You don't need sixth sense, just common sense.

You don't need sixth sense, just common sense.

Technically speaking common sense isn't one of the standard 5.... so.....

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate