An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

Maybe the delay was so they could fix the dead LED problem. Or factory test all the keyboards to make sure they didn't ship any with dead LED's

Yeah Maybe. lol Either way it has nothing to do with waiting to see if these "Maybe's" happened or didn't happen.

Any guesses on the pricing of the K95 RGB in the UK?

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=723422#post723422

Fellow Gamers, we know some of you are patiently waiting for the RGB keyboards we announced in June. Our launch date has changed, but fear not: we'll be shipping soon and will provide more details in a few weeks. We have only the highest expectations for this product, and want to deliver our community the very best. Thanks for your patience.

Pretty sure that Sept 8 date on Newegg is true now.

Any news on the K70 RGB with browns?

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | CPU: i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz | RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB @ 3000MHz | Case: Fractal Define S Mid ATX | Cooler: H100iV2
Mobo: Aorus z270 Gaming 7 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma @ 400 DPI | Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+
Keyboard: CM Storm (Cherry MX Green) | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Monitor: 27" ASUS 1440p @ 59Hz

I didn't find it in the video Linus made, but I did see two dead LEDs on a video Tek Syndicate made (but I really didn't see them until someone in the comments pointed them out)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lSbwR3nr3E

Look closely at around 5:38 and you can see the menu key and the ". del" key on the number pad aren't lit up.

busted.jpg

Despite this though, I still pre-ordered it from Newegg  B)

YES!  TekSyndicate... not Linus.  Sorry.  Got my gear gurus confused for a min.  I saw the comments too... then rewatched the vid.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7-4790K.  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7.  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16gb @ 2133.  GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX770.  Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper.  Storage: Plextor M6ePX M.2 256GB SSD/Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB.  PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 850watt.  Display(s): LG 42LB6300.  Cooling: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R.  Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (EVENTUALLY).  Mouse: Logitech G700s.  Sound: Onboard 5.1 analog output - Soundcraft Mixer - QSC Power Amps - ElectroVoice Qrx PA Speakers / Klipsch center channel.  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.

YES!  TekSyndicate... not Linus.  Sorry.  Got my gear gurus confused for a min.  I saw the comments too... then rewatched the vid.

That was a Pre-production model. Someone probably soldiered that entire board at a workstation. I can imagine there would be an error with that many leads. Or that may have been a leftover from voltage stress testing that just happened to be available. I'm sure Corsair has a good explanation, if they were to give one. 

Does anyone know if the M65 RGB is being delayed because of this? I can put up with waiting for the new keyboard because I have a normal k70 which still works fine (which I'll sell to buy the new one) but I'm using a M$ Mobile Mouse 3500 atm and can't justify buying the non rgb M65 only to buy another mouse in a month.

Does anyone know if the M65 RGB is being delayed because of this? I can put up with waiting for the new keyboard because I have a normal k70 which still works fine (which I'll sell to buy the new one) but I'm using a M$ Mobile Mouse 3500 atm and can't justify buying the non rgb M65 only to buy another mouse in a month.

The Deathadder isn't a bad mouse if you want to get the Chroma mouse. Just a suggestion. This may come out quicker if you can't wait it out.

Razer's keyboards and audio are terrible, but they do make some good stuff, including mice.

I would wait it out for the m65 if you can.

That was a Pre-production model. Someone probably soldiered that entire board at a workstation. I can imagine there would be an error with that many leads. Or that may have been a leftover from voltage stress testing that just happened to be available. I'm sure Corsair has a good explanation, if they were to give one. 

That is exactly what I was thinking... 

I do trust that corsair will fix the LED problems that they had with the k70/k90/k95, or at least minimize the chances of it... as TONS of people know and complain about it all the time haha.

Plus if it was indeed a dead LED that was actually caused due to faulty design Logan probably would have pointed it out and talked about the LED reliability/ ESD problems with the spokesperson, which interestingly has been omitted from

a lot of videos that were showcasing this keyboard (with the exception of Linus, who actually asked questions about it :P).

Yeah that one is a mystery, they never even released a date for them in the first place... although they will probably release it around when the k70 rgb comes out imo

I didn't find it in the video Linus made, but I did see two dead LEDs on a video Tek Syndicate made (but I really didn't see them until someone in the comments pointed them out)

Look closely at around 5:38 and you can see the menu key and the ". del" key on the number pad aren't lit up.

busted.jpg

Despite this though, I still pre-ordered it from Newegg  B)

I bet they turned of those LEDs just to troll you.

The sensei wireless isn't a bad choice either I guess, if you are into ambidextrous mice like I am :P... 

The problem is I had finally decided on the perfect mouse for me (m65) when they came out with the RGB version. I am just going to wait but I really hope they just release it on time and not delay it just to bring it in line with the k70 rgb.

The problem is I had finally decided on the perfect mouse for me (m65) when they came out with the RGB version. I am just going to wait but I really hope they just release it on time and not delay it just to bring it in line with the k70 rgb.

Well seeing as though they aren't even ANNOUNCING anything to do with the m65 at all right now, I doubt they are ready with that either :/

I just hope the k95 rgb comes out sometime... I mean, it's already losing its lustre for me since school is starting and getting a keyboard for gaming is slowly becoming un-needed

since I won't be gaming as much.

Even so, I will most likely pick one up for the hell of it haha.

Not to get anyone hopes high but is this official or just a estimate?

http://prntscr.com/4ea8fj

Looks like the pricing is about right.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally looking forward to getting this as my first mechanical keyboard.Currently using a Matcatz Cyborg V7...Can't wait to upgrade!

You and me both :3 The Cyborg V7 isn't bad but... yea...

The Steelseries Rival is a good choice if you want a mouse with RGB and can't wait for an m65 RGB (if one ever comes out).

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | CPU: i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz | RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB @ 3000MHz | Case: Fractal Define S Mid ATX | Cooler: H100iV2
Mobo: Aorus z270 Gaming 7 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma @ 400 DPI | Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+
Keyboard: CM Storm (Cherry MX Green) | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Monitor: 27" ASUS 1440p @ 59Hz

You and me both :3 The Cyborg V7 isn't bad but... yea...

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it as such....But it sure isn't a Corsair K70 RGB.  :lol:

They may be discontinuing the normal K70 and K95. Newegg is dropping prices and on the board with blue switches they are advertising:

Special savings, while supplies last

So I can imagine they are trying to clear out inventory because they were discontinued, for the RGB ones, or Corsair has a new line of keyboards they are releasing.

They probably had to stop making the normal K70's so they could switch over their manufacturing to the RGB boards.

IDK just speculation. Half Life 3 Confirmed.

They may be discontinuing the normal K70 and K95. Newegg is dropping prices and on the board with blue switches they are advertising:

Special savings, while supplies last

So I can imagine they are trying to clear out inventory because they were discontinued, for the RGB ones, or Corsair has a new line of keyboards they are releasing.

They probably had to stop making the normal K70's so they could switch over their manufacturing to the RGB boards.

IDK just speculation. Half Life 3 Confirmed.

Not sure why they need to move out old stock,it seems like this product fits a different price point. I have seen some discounting but nothing like those you see when a product is being discontinued. 

Not sure why they need to move out old stock,it seems like this product fits a different price point. I have seen some discounting but nothing like those you see when a product is being discontinued. 

I was thinking the same thing, which leaves me to believe Corsair is waiting to resupply the K70's when they deliver the RGB boards, or they are coming out with a new product line. Like I said, I'm just speculating though.

I was thinking the same thing, which leaves me to believe Corsair is waiting to resupply the K70's when they deliver the RGB boards, or they are coming out with a new product line. Like I said, I'm just speculating though.

The new line your speculating about is the RGB line hence the discontinuation of the standard K70 and K95 series.

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Not sure if anyone already pointed this out, but Corsair posted this to their Facebook page yesterday:

"Fellow gamers,

We know some of you are patiently waiting for the RGB keyboards we announced in June. Our launch date has changed, but fear not: we'll be shipping soon and will provide more details in a few weeks. We have only the highest expectations for this product, and want to deliver our community the very best. Thanks for your patience."