An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

So where are we standing in terms of a release date? We're about to be halfway through the month and not one word from Corsair about this matter aside from this post. :(

I got told mid September for Europe so maybe end of august for the US and Canada

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Gotta love a lack of leadership:)

I'd love to know who at Corsair knows something about any of the imminent releases, All the people I've asked at corsair don't seem to know anything

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Welp corsair took to long and i bought a Vortex KBT race II white with cherry mx browns. 

Take your time, Corsair. It's quality that matters above all else. As long as it's ready when I can afford one I'll be happy.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

clears and problem solved!

I can't get clears in RGB. So i'm stuck with the choice of reds, blues, or browns.

Sure I could drop the gimmick and get more choice available to me but as stated before, I want the gimmick. And as someone who uses their keyboard in the dark a lot (even though I don't always look at my keyboard as I can easily type while looking elsewhere around the room) I want the lights that Corsairs keyboard here provide, and the features the RGB will give me. Even if the only time that gets used is the first 20 minutes of "ooooh pretty" hehe ^_^;

*can't wait any longer release the damn rgb lineup. I want the M65 and the K95 NOW*

Seriously though, if I'm paying that much for a product they should make it near perfect, I guess I'll wait to get a decent product and not a buggy one.

Side question, will the K95 offer a blue switch option? (pls say yes).

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

*can't wait any longer release the damn rgb lineup. I want the M65 and the K95 NOW*

Seriously though, if I'm paying that much for a product they should make it near perfect, I guess I'll wait to get a decent product and not a buggy one.

Side question, will the K95 offer a blue switch option? (pls say yes).

Yes. The K95 will be available in blues, browns and reds. (

)

Besides the gimmick of color waves, I'm really interested in assigning different colors to zones of keys for gaming, such as movement keys one color, equipment and weapons keys another, voice/comm keys another, function keys another, etc, with the thought that may actually assist in gameplay.

Besides the gimmick of color waves, I'm really interested in assigning different colors to zones of keys for gaming, such as movement keys one color, equipment and weapons keys another, voice/comm keys another, function keys another, etc, with the thought that may actually assist in gameplay.

Bingo, I've got 2 set ups I'm interested in implementing this. One for MMORPGs and another for FPS.

I can't get clears in RGB. So i'm stuck with the choice of reds, blues, or browns.

Sure I could drop the gimmick and get more choice available to me but as stated before, I want the gimmick. And as someone who uses their keyboard in the dark a lot (even though I don't always look at my keyboard as I can easily type while looking elsewhere around the room) I want the lights that Corsairs keyboard here provide, and the features the RGB will give me. Even if the only time that gets used is the first 20 minutes of "ooooh pretty" hehe ^_^;

Corsair K70 has PCB mounted switches. It wouldn't be too hard to replace the spring and stem. And if you get a red or brown board you can do an Ergo Clear mod (Tactile dark greys can substitute for clears). And If you wanted quiet clickies opt for a blue board and use the clicky white stem (or O-Rings or Both). 

Modding the RGB switch may not be okay though because opening it up man damage an internal lens. If it is okay though, I am putting ergo clears into mine.

I'm waiting too.  But I can't order the rest of my parts for another week anyway.  So I hope it's close to ready when I'm ready.  Personally, the color control is a free perk.  The main reason I'm waiting for this particular keyboard is for the improved LED longevity.  The previous non-RGB ones were known to have dead LEDs fairly soon with normal use.  This version is supposed to improve that greatly.  That's worth it to me.  The color system bonus territory.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7-4790K.  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7.  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16gb @ 2133.  GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX770.  Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper.  Storage: Plextor M6ePX M.2 256GB SSD/Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB.  PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 850watt.  Display(s): LG 42LB6300.  Cooling: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R.  Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (EVENTUALLY).  Mouse: Logitech G700s.  Sound: Onboard 5.1 analog output - Soundcraft Mixer - QSC Power Amps - ElectroVoice Qrx PA Speakers / Klipsch center channel.  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.

Corsair K70 has PCB mounted switches. It wouldn't be too hard to replace the spring and stem. And if you get a red or brown board you can do an Ergo Clear mod (Tactile dark greys can substitute for clears). And If you wanted quiet clickies opt for a blue board and use the clicky white stem (or O-Rings or Both). 

Modding the RGB switch may not be okay though because opening it up man damage an internal lens. If it is okay though, I am putting ergo clears into mine.

I'll think about it. This will be my first mechanical keyboard, so it'll probably be a while before I do any sort of modding like that.

I would hope it wouldn't damage the lens, from the limited look we've seen of it it looks like it's pretty much built into the plastic housing of the switch. So as long as you're careful pulling it apart it shouldn't mess it up. But that's just all assumption, we won't know for sure until release.

I have a sneaking suspicion they won't be out in August.

i7 - 6700k || Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti || Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3200Mhz || Corsair 760T White || Corsair HX850 || NZXT Kraken X62 || Asus Z170-A || Logitech Proteus Core 502 wireless || Logitech G915 TKL ||

I have a sneaking suspicion they won't be out in August.

Ikr? Starting to become like the Phantom Entertainment system...

but we will not release a product until we are sure that all the bugs and kinks are squared away in order to deliver a positive customer experience.

Corsair is one of the top listed in terms of quality. Hell, if they need a little bit of extra time - let them have it!

My story is: got myself Tesoro Durandal Ultimate (browns) and in a few weeks I was ready to mash it into the wall. Seriously, the signals from switches are crap(anti-ghosting? there is none), I had times when a button was invoked even if I wasn't touching it even slightly, their software works like 20% of time(click tray icon - see the software window for a moment - it disappears).... *sigh*

Well, I think everyone got my point. Let them take time, make that "oh well, back to testing"© thing and release high quality product.

I'm not surprised. After I get my k70 mx blue rgb, I won't be buying another keyboard for a loooong time.

So true.

Corsair are being dead silent they could at least give an update and if they have I haven't heard about it. The keyboard looked pretty good at Computex.

Im only interested because I want to buy my first mechanical keyboard and may as well go for the RGB programming over a single backlit color.

Corsair are being dead silent they could at least give an update and if they have I haven't heard about it. The keyboard looked pretty good at Computex.

Im only interested because I want to buy my first mechanical keyboard and may as well go for the RGB programming over a single backlit color.

First of all welcome to the boards! Not often that you see post #1 folk. And I think you should keep an eye out for massdrop.com they love to add nice mechanical keyboards there and might eventually get either this one or other RGB mechanicals

-------

Current Rig

-------

And now Razer is launching their own RGB line next month, called Chroma.

http://www.razerzone.com/chroma

My first mech was a Blackwidow, then I bought a Poker II, but I love the bezeless design of the K70. Looks nice.

And now Razer is launching their own RGB line next month, called Chroma.

http://www.razerzone.com/chroma

My first mech was a Blackwidow, then I bought a Poker II, but I love the bezeless design of the K70. Looks nice.

I'm interested to see what Razer has in store for this keyboard. They didn't have an RGB switch to clone, so I'm wondering how they intend to implement the RGB part. With any luck Razer will have learned not to go down the path of the terrible Rosewill RGB80. That keyboard was a complete disappointment. It had 226 colors (advertised 16.8) and only one color at a time. Not to mention the software was downright HORRENDOUS. 30 seconds to upload a profile change.

I'm interested to see how these keyboards match up. Although presumptuous, I don't think Razer put in nearly the same level of time and resources at making it the best product possible. They probably had to meet this deadline so they could compete with the K70.

If this product was a serious rival to the K70. They would have started the hype train near the time that Corsair did. Or when they started using Kahil switches. If they started the Chroma Keyboard around the time of their Razer Switches than this product was probably rushed. A lot of the RGB functions will probably be done through Synapse instead of on the Keyboard itself. As the time-frame would not allow for them to do full integration of a DSP (or at least a good integration). Not to mention a new PCB, new synapse support, new manufacturing tech, tighter manufacturing process (more leads= less room for error). I still await the day where synapse will consume more memory than the game I am playing and this keyboard may do it (If I were to buy it).

These are all speculations. :P

I'm interested to see what Razer has in store for this keyboard. They didn't have an RGB switch to clone, so I'm wondering how they intend to implement the RGB part. With any luck Razer will have learned not to go down the path of the terrible Rosewill RGB80. That keyboard was a complete disappointment. It had 226 colors (advertised 16.8) and only one color at a time. Not to mention the software was downright HORRENDOUS. 30 seconds to upload a profile change.

I'm interested to see how these keyboards match up. Although presumptuous, I don't think Razer put in nearly the same level of time and resources at making it the best product possible. They probably had to meet this deadline so they could compete with the K70.

If this product was a serious rival to the K70. They would have started the hype train near the time that Corsair did. Or when they started using Kahil switches. If they started the Chroma Keyboard around the time of their Razer Switches than this product was probably rushed. A lot of the RGB functions will probably be done through Synapse instead of on the Keyboard itself. As the time-frame would not allow for them to do full integration of a DSP (or at least a good integration). Not to mention a new PCB, new synapse support, new manufacturing tech, tighter manufacturing process (more leads= less room for error). I still await the day where synapse will consume more memory than the game I am playing and this keyboard may do it (If I were to buy it).

These are all speculations. :P

They probably had them add two more holes to the switch housings so that it would accept a 4 pin rgb led. I have a link in thread about this on the forum where you can see what it can all do. Seems pretty much the same stuff to me.

This would also be my first mechanical keyboard but I don't know which to choose. 

Razer or Corsair? I like both but I've been waiting for the Corsair RGB since CES.

Please help lol :)

This is starting to remind me of the OPO. I'm quickly losing interest in them.

This is starting to remind me of the OPO. I'm quickly losing interest in them.

todays consumers are quite fickle. Tell them too soon and their angry, tell them late or not at all beforehand and their angry. People arnt happy if you push it out of the door unfinished but theyre also not happy if you have to delay it because it need more work.

todays consumers are quite fickle. Tell them too soon and their angry, tell them late or not at all beforehand and their angry. People arnt happy if you push it out of the door unfinished but theyre also not happy if you have to delay it because it need more work.

Corsair gets more time than OPO does. They (OPO) keep trying to make it look great, but never actually feel like selling it at the price that they advertise.