EVGA teases z87 motherboards

iAsuno

EVGA-Z87-Classified-635x423.jpg

EVGA has teased their latest and upcoming Z87 Classified motherboard which would be the flagship motherboard in the company’s Z87 product stack. In addition to the motherboard tease, EVGA also provided a glimpse at their new UEFI BIOS which offers a nice improvement compared to their Z77 boards.

EVGA Teases Z87 Classified Flagship Motherboard With New UEFI

EVGA’s Z87 Classified is a top of the line motherboard featuring military grade components and an Digital PWM supply that is powered through dual 8-Pin connectors to provide overclockers the most headroom for overclocks. EVGA Z87 Classified features a red and black color theme, there’s only a slight pint of red color on the heatsinks, other than that the complete motherboard has a matter black color theme along with the PCB. The heatsinks on the motherboard are connected to each other via a large aluminum heatpipe that dissipates heat off electrical parts. For overclockers, there are several voltage adjustment switches located right next to the SATA ports and two 3-Pin right angled fan connectors are also located near them. OC, Power On/Off, Reset along with the Debug LED are located right next to the DDR3-DIMM slots.

For storage, there are a total of 6 SATA 6GBps ports and a USB 3.0 pin header. The 24-Pin power connector is also right angled so that it allows easy connection to the power cable for neater cable management. A right angled Six-Pin connector is also situated beneath the motherboard that provides additional power to the PCI-e slots. Expansion slots include five PCI-e 3.0 x16, 1 PCI-e 3.0 x1 and a mPCIe slot to hold expansion cards and GPUs. The motherboard features both SLI and CrossFireX multi GPU functionality. For I/O, there’s a ton of connectivity options which include Dual-Thunderbolt ports, 8 USB 3.0 ports, an 8.1 Audio jack and dual GIgabit ethernet LAN ports. Pricing is not mentioned nor is the release date but expect the EVGA Z87 Classified to go on sale along with the FTW models during or soon after the Haswell launch on 3rd June 2013.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/evga-teases-z87-classified-motherboard-uefi-bios/#ixzz2TzNpR2MJ

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Another board with a right angle 24 pin connector! Awesome!

and a black PCB

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

The bios looks sweet! Hope this new bios will work the way it's shown and not have any issues! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Super interested to see how much this motherboard will cost, it looks like a great competitor to all the other z87 boards and if its not to pricey i would be going for this one.

Corsair 650d, Core i5 3570k, H100, Galaxy gtx670, Asus z77 vDeluxe Mobo, 16g kingston hyper x memory.

I love the right-angle 24-pin; the beefy heatsinks all linked together with heat pipes; and the black PCB, PCIe slots, and DIMM slots, but it looks like a pretty standard audio solution compared to the high-end on-board audio we've been seeing included on Z87 offerings from other manufacturers plus I think this is an eATX board. I'm just not into the whole eATX thing.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Great, another red and black themed board.

Looks more like a violet reddish colour, photos don't really do these things justice.

Anyway, good job EVGA! I rarely expect fireworks from you guys but this time I'm surprised. And it has a beautiful, beautiful Msata card slot, LOVE IT!  :wub:

Msi and EVGA have redeemed themselves. Even though ASUS still leads in terms of colour scheme for their deluxe series, the features of the others may have pulled me away if I were to build a Haswell rig.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I love the right-angle 24-pin; the beefy heatsinks all linked together with heat pipes; and the black PCB, PCIe slots, and DIMM slots, but it looks like a pretty standard audio solution compared to the high-end on-board audio we've been seeing included on Z87 offerings from other manufacturers plus I think this is an eATX board. I'm just not into the whole eATX thing.

Agree 100% except for the audio thing, Unless its on a mATX in SLI, I've got better.

and yes, I'm, almost positive its an eATX board as well.

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

Right angle 24 pin power + pretty sharp look! Now if EVGA made an m-atx version of this...

Sick right angle 24 pin looks awesome!

Are those right angle fan headers? If so, nice!!!!

What a huge chipset cooler that have on it. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

right angle USB3, right angle fan connectors, right angle 24 pin even, right angle everything :). I like the shroud on the connectors, a good balance between clean looks and thermal performance, and that matte PCB (similar to MPower), which should be used on every black board in existence :). Only thing I don't like is the shape of the heatsinks, the colour scheme has really grown old and it's lacking any sort of improved onboard sound system (which doesn't really matter if you have a decent sound card).

looks clean, just wat one would expect from evga

if i didnt had a z77 setup i would buy this

thats if its as good or better vs other sli @x16 z87 mobo, this one have a plx chip in the middle which gives 32 pcie 3 lanes, my guess is they have another plx chip in the south-bridge

i love the color on it its so seeeeexxxxyyyyyyyy!!

Why 1 usb 3 header? Some Z77 mobo have 2 headers

if thats a thunderbolt port in the io then im disappointed

really don't see why would anyone need it

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAA thats so pretty

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

No FireWire(which I need for my external TV tuner) but the thunderbolt should be able to work as A FireWire socket, yes?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

No FireWire(which I need for my external TV tuner) but the thunderbolt should be able to work as A FireWire socket, yes?

No, Thunderbolt is basically a powered Displayport connection.